Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

sick WIP

nelson_press
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
nelson_press polycounter lvl 6
can i post 2d stuff here? or is this only for 3d stuff?

i was hoping i could get some feed back on this and maybe some direction

sick_a1.jpg

sick_a2.jpg

Replies

• North
    Offline / Send Message
    North polycounter lvl 7
    Id say come back when you've spent more than 2 minutes on it.

Also if its going to be anime, probably take it somewhere else
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I'd say don't listen to North, first off.
    We have plenty of 2d artists on Polycount, and many of them draw and enjoy Anime styles.

It looks like a reasonable start, but I think you should try dropping in some values and starting working on your value & color composition a bit.
  • Owl
    Offline / Send Message
    Owl polycounter lvl 6
    Agreed. This is a great place to get feedback on any 2d artwork... I don't think we're discriminators at all. After all, we can learn something from any art, and I think you've got a great start on some poses. Like ScoobyDoofus said, it would be good to see them a little further now. Good start tho! Let's see a little more.
  • nelson_press
    Offline / Send Message
    im mostly concerned with things like composition, eye direction, story telling things like that
    don't think im very good at that kind of stuff
  • JR
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    You can't expect direction in something if even you don't know what to do yet. Make something that have some meaning for you in first place. And please, work a bit more on it. If you are here just for sketches, it's better start a sketchbook on this subforum.
  • Rockley Bonner
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    I think "drunk" when I see the first pic. donno, make him naked so we can see his weiner. Just tossing ideas.
  • Free_Fall
    Offline / Send Message
    Free_Fall polycounter lvl 8
    Wieners sounds like a good idea yeah, do wieners.

I vote for wieners, who else wants to see some wieners?

wieners.
  • Cheathem
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheathem polycounter lvl 6
    ^ all in favor say I.

in all seriousness though, good start so far.like to see how you progress.
  • nelson_press
    Offline / Send Message
    im mostly concerned with things like composition, eye direction, story telling things like that
    don't think im very good at that kind of stuff

easy there, updates are coming, i am working on it
    sorry if it seems really slow, sketching and trying to learn how to paint arent the only things im trying to do.

i dabble with many different things; there are many aspects of digital art i like. people tell me that i should just focus on one thing

but if your interested in many different things wat can you do?

sorry if my typing is wierd. having trouble typing on touch screen (i need a keyboard)

sick00.jpg
  • nelson_press
    Offline / Send Message
    there are lots of different forums that you can post to, how do you determine which ones to post on and how frequently do you post?

maybe this is an inappropriate type of question to ask here, I should be talking about artwork stuff here right