Home Technical Talk

UVW Trouble

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
While I was modelling an anvil, I noticed a slight problem on the model as you can see below(labeled 'gay' mad.gif).

gay.jpg

The only thing I did differently this time from the rest of my models is that I welded the vertices in the UVW of two different sides of an object that were to have the same texture instead of just overlapping them.. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Replies

• Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Well that face is probably flattened into a line in your uv layout. Just select that one face thats giving you problems, and it will probably look like a line rather than a face in your uv layout. Either reshape it out manually, or reproject that face and weld it where its supposed to go.
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    you can post the object and we can UV it for you, its funny because i learned UVing by watching other's people meshes. There are many ways to UV stuff.
  • Zephir62
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well that face is probably flattened into a line in your uv layout. Just select that one face thats giving you problems, and it will probably look like a line rather than a face in your uv layout. Either reshape it out manually, or reproject that face and weld it where its supposed to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could say that that would have solved the problem but before I posted this I checked everything I know of and tried reprojecting it with no success. Tomorrow when I get a chance I'll post the file up if anyone is willing to help me out smile.gif Thanks
  • thnom
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    If I was really having this problem and even re-projecting it did nothing.. I'd just collapse the stack, delete them faces (all that side if its not getting mirrored or just that single one if not) and just mirror the other side.