Home Unreal Engine

Multifloor Elevator Blueprint

Greg DAlessandro
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
Does anyone know how to set up 2 things in blueprint:
[A]Call an elevator from any floor.
Move the elevator from any floor to any floor.

My setup:
I have 2 call elevator buttons on each floor:
-Up Button
-Down Button

Inside the Elevator will have 3 buttons:
-Floor 1
-Floor 2
-Floor 3

Thank you.

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    This won't answer your question in blueprint specifics, but the problem is more of a general one anyway.
    You want an actor to go to one of a number of points when something else triggers a calling event.

There's two ways to approach this I can think of.
    1: you have an elevator with a vector array that holds the locations the elevator should go to. You then have a "go to point n" function with some transit time or maximum move speed, and selects one of the points in its destination array.
    The interior and exterior elevator buttons just target the specific elevator object and send the "move to point n" event.

2: Similar to the first, but you don't have an internal array of destinations. Just a function that moves the actor to a vector over time in response to a custom event. The custom event should have a vector parameter for where to move to.

In this, your buttons supply the location to move to by raising the event on the lift object. This way you can have an arbitrary number of lifts and or destinations and easily add on to them without modifying the lift object itself.