Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: OMGkittenz

omgkittenz
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
omgkittenz polycounter lvl 5
Trying to build a habit of working on 3D character modeling every week, if not every day. Critiques welcome, although at the moment I realize I need to just keep making more models to build up both my critical eye as well as technical skill.

[SKETCHFAB]9a06f5ce04b14987b3a0a20383148339[/SKETCHFAB]

Replies

• omgkittenz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New project.
    EDIT: To expand on my goals--
    1. SPEED! Complete the sculpt in 10 hours, tops. Will keep a running tab here. Texturing will take more time, so I'm giving myself a little more leeway there.
    2. Use/learn Substance Painter. Also learn the workflow between it and Substance Designer.
    3. Practice hard surface modeling.
    4. Target polycount of 14k. I have a habit of trying to reduce polys so much that they don't look as good as they should.

5ZNk9jh.jpg
    Concept

HtOpkrK.jpg
    This morning's progress. (1.5 hours)
  • omgkittenz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    768bawt.jpg
    Running total = 3.5 hours

Close to finished blocking out the body. Started on the flying contraption. Will try my hand at hard surface modeling that part. Also, the 2 models are not to scale.

Trying to decide if I want to use cards for the monkey's hair, or if I should sculpt it and use it for normals. Leaning towards cards.
  • omgkittenz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DSkP84M.jpg
    Running total = 4.5 hours

Used Shadow Box to create the wing pieces, which I had not used before. Level up!
  • omgkittenz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UJzYQhV.jpg
    Running total = 7 hrs