Home General Discussion

Resident Evil 5

Replies

• odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, only got 5 more acievments left and it 100% it... This hasn't lasted me long :( At least now I'm doing S-Rank on everythhing and... *shudders*... "professional", which is a fucking joke. Make it hard yes, but one hit kills... Even with my trusty Gatling gun it takes the piss at times :(
  • SouL
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Which achievements do you have left?

What's a good spot to try and "farm" for the "hit an arrow with your knife" and "do a headshot on a majini falling down" achievements?

I seriously wish gold/treasures was put to auto-pick up. When would someone NEVER want to pick up loot? Weapons/ammo I can see, yes. Since those actually occupy limited space.

Now going through with Sheva and trying to upgrade the rest of my shit and finding those BSAA badges.

The little figurines are cool. I wish they had a mode where you could view in-game animations, too.
  • HellMark
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    Knee deep in co-op with a friend and loving it. My impressions of the demo were poor and misguided ( didn't know the D-pad was tied into inventory :) ). I don't think I would enjoy the SP campaign nearly as much but damn it's an awesome game experience.
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I goI have all the achievments now :) Got them this morning :p

The "hit arrow with knife" one I got on the bridge where the truck crashes. Kill everybody on the bridge except the far arrow guy. This means its him and you (shiva cant shoot him, too far away).

About the dpad... It seems insane to me that they only let you bind 4 out of 8 buttons on the dpad :|
  • HellMark
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed all 8 buttons should be bindable. I kept hitting diagonally and thinking WTH. Going to die, going to die, dead. :) Crap!
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Dear Jill,
    I'm sorry they bleached your hair.
    And I'm double sorry I shot you in the face before I figured out how to help.

Hunk and Tofu DLC plz.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    soul, you could try the level after the first chainsaw guy, the train yard. Its where they introduce the dogs and arrow guys, the first one you run into isnt far in, just have to kill dogs first & hope sheva doesnt shoot him.
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Actually, that reminds me... Jill... They add her to the game, and they DONT give you an option to replace Sheva with her...? WTH?! Its Chris and Jill all the way! That said, Sheva has awesome boobs in her third outfit :p
  • rv_el
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
  • clee101
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    rv_el wrote: »
    ben affleck

ben affleck?? oh.. u mean chris redfield here looks like ben affleck huh? he sorta does now that I think about it..

I just beat the game today. Last boss was so damn hard to take down.. used up all my ammo on all my guns and grenades and barely beat it...

hey odium, how did you get the gatling gun? also anyone know how to get inifinte ammo for the RPG?
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Chris' gattling gun is unlocked for purchase by fully upgrading the VZ61.
    Unlimited RPG is unlocked by beating the game in under 5hrs.
  • clee101
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    Kool thanks snemmy. I got the gatling gun now, yay!
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Late to the thread, but I just finished it last night.

The game would be about 1000x better if they GET RID OF FUCKING INTERACTIVE CUTSCENCES!

They ARENT FUN!!! FUCK

And WHAT the hell was with random quicktime event, to punch open a volcanic Boulder?

Visually it's EPIC.

Immersively it sucked balls. At no point in time did I ever stop feeling like I was playing a video game.

Fun game though, not sure if I'll achievement hunt or play it again for a while. It REALLY kills what little horror there might have been, when you identify every monster as a Hit Collision box, with bad AI.

Onto Killzone 2.

;D