Home General Discussion

Awesome new mouse from Logitech

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JamesTKirk polycounter lvl 8
I always hated to use a wheel as a middle button. It's small, it's harder to press and sometimes it rolls instead of click.
Recently I saw this mouse from Logitech and just loved it. At last someone made a mouse with 3 real full scale buttons on top. And it also has 12 additional small keys under the thumb.

I've been using mx510/518 mouses since they appeared on market and I thought I'd never find other mouse equally comfortable. But G600 is very comfy, probably even better than 518.

So if you are looking for 3-button mouse you should definately consider g600.
Actually i believe it's only 3-button mouse that can be found in local computer store without dealing with ebay.
Logitech-G600-MMO.jpg

Replies

• Ark
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    I used to have a Razer Naga which had a similar numbers of buttons and layout, but found the side buttons far to small and hardly any space between them to distinguish which button was which and my fingers aren't that fat. :P

Still I find it hard to get used to any other mouse after using Deathadders for years.
  • WarrenM
    I tried a mouse like this a few months back but my hand was screaming in pain after 5 minutes. It's large and pretty heavy. I wouldn't recommend for everyday use...
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I also use a G600, it's pretty reasonable, but certainly takes some getting used to as it's quite wide and slopes outwards at a funny angle. These days I don't notice those problems though :)
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Those little middle buttons are too far back to be useful for a middle button for me. I use a Logitech g500 and simply set the browser navigation buttons to be middle click. I also have big ass hands, and could probably press all of those buttons at the same time, and also lose a comfortable place to rest my thumb.
  • cdavidson
    Offline / Send Message
    cdavidson polycounter lvl 8
    i use a g500 myself and i find it ideal and nice an heavy with all the weights in it.
  • Rockley Bonner
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    I love this mouse, more shortcuts for my software, combined with a speed pad my hands dont move to the keyboard unless I need to type names for files.
  • JamesTKirk
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not talking about side buttons nor two small buttons on top.
    I mean three large easy to push ones, which i've found very usable in maya and max.
    Those 12 side buttons are pretty sturdy, i always keep my thumb on them without accidently clicking.
  • JamesTKirk
    Offline / Send Message
    Merry Chrimbus.

Like it! But i haven't seen those in stores. ^)
  • maximumsproductions
    Offline / Send Message
    maximumsproductions polycounter lvl 8
    I absolutely love my razer naga for 3d Studio Max the 12 buttons on the side are priceless

More importantly is that they set you up with a cloud service to change your hotkey setup and you can link that to a keybind itself so you can essentially create layers of hotkeys for yourself or just create a different hotkey setup for a different program.

This looks awesome though! I would of definitely bought the Logitech version of a 12 button mouse if it was 2 years ago!
  • EvanL
    Offline / Send Message
    EvanL polycounter lvl 11
    How is this mouse for people with larger hands?

My hands aren't humongous, but for some reason I have a really hard time finding a comfortable mouse. Perhaps it's partly how I hold a mouse too.

Only mouse that ever felt perfectly comfortable for me was the Microsoft natural laser 5000, but it kept breaking on me, so I switched to the old logitech revolution mx. But that ended up having clicking issues after a few years as well.

Using a g500 right now, and it's not very comfortable. And again I had clicking issues with it after a year and had to get a warranty replacement.

Getting pretty frustrated with mice these days. Any recommendations?
  • katana
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    cdavidson wrote: »
    i use a g500 myself and i find it ideal and nice an heavy with all the weights in it.

Yep Love mine too...
  • ceebee
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    I think the problem with a lot of Logitech and other mice lately is the middle mouse click is so fucking difficult to press. I miss when it was super smooth to scroll and also extremely easy to click. I had a Razer Dethadder or whatever it's called for a couple months but that shit broke so fast and it was a pretty wide mouse for the way I usually grip my mice.

I'm not the kind of person that lays their entire hand over the mouse, I basically grip it with my pinky and thumb and use my index through ring finger to use the 2 buttons and the wheel. I think I'm using the Logitech M100 right now, it's nice and light and fairly skinny. I absolutely can't stand a heavy mouse either.

I think the last mouse I really enjoyed using was super old logitech mouse that was extremely light, super basic, and had a very nice soft middle mouse button click. When you're working in 3D and you're middle mouse clicking a lot, having a soft middle mouse click will seriously save some tension/stress in your hand, or at least it does for me. Still haven't found a good mouse that has these features.