Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: DDO crashes upon startup?

Hey guys I'm having some issues with ddo, every time I launch it I get this error - keeps popping up regardless of how many times I dismiss it.
5eoDe9E.png?1
From what I can see here its saying it can't load the library, but I've yet to use quixel at all so I'm slightly confused as to how to go about fixing this, any help? (Ndo won't launch either)

Edit - sorta fixed it, ran as administrator as said in other threads, sort of a fix :)

Replies

• mindblowz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the same issue, I get the error but ddo opens, once i click OK, it restarts or just quits
  • Numbtea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suite looks great I just can't get it to work
  • Logan5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Seems like quite a few of us are experiencing this issue. In my case it doesnt even throw up an error message, when I hit the .exe nothing at all happens. Hopefully they'll find a fix for this soon!
  • mindflux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try running the suite as administrator (even if you have installed in the default location).
  • mindblowz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mindflux wrote: »
    Try running the suite as administrator (even if you have installed in the default location).

It doesn't matter even if we run it as admin rights. It still crashes once you click on ddo. 1.8 update is a fail for ddo
  • Logan5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah Admin rights make no difference for me either, Ive followed just about every hack / workaround / wiki instruction out there. I actually managed to get the suite working after experiencing this bug. I installed ( 1.8 ) to my SSD originally and nothing, then I tried installing to an external HDD and now it works fine! Id say if you have multiple drives try installing to a different one (or a USB even).
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi! To all who are having this problem, make sure there arent any non-alphanumerical characters in the install path for the suite or the projects you are trying to open.

Also check to see if your antivirus software is blocking the suite, this is a known issue we´re working on fixing.

Also if you have installed the suite on a network drive, tro installing it to a local drive instead,

hope this helps and if not, comeback here and we will sort it out!
  • Sergey Arkhipov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sergey Arkhipov polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, everyone! I often get an error immediately after minimizing 3DO window. DDo works quite stably until I run 3DO viewer, check a model then close or minimize its window. I see a crush report only when 3DO is to lose a focus (after minimizing) and Photoshop is to get it.