Home Digital Sketchbooks

sketchbook: jouste

Replies

• jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste polycounter lvl 14
    @TwoFLower: thanks pal! glad you like the stuff!

darkest_dungeon_fan_art__plague_doctor_delusions_by_jouste-d6pyqzo.jpg

Boo!

Hey guys! so there's an AWESOME indie game being worked on by a ridiculously skilled group of Devs here in Vancouver going under the name "Red Hook Studios" with the art reigns handled by Chris Bourassa (My favorite AD I've ever had the honor of working with) and it's called Darkest Dungeon! It's a Lovecraftian dungeon crawler with tactical camping, perma-death, and horrible insanity! How freaking cool is that!? Check it out right here on their awesome page and be sure to keep an eye on these guys if gruesome gaming and terror-inducing tactics is your thing!

I took on the plague doctor and here he is desperately trying to keep his team of adventurers together, literally! keep reaching for that rainbow buddy! Thanks guys!
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste polycounter lvl 14
    Hey guys! I've done up some more stuff and had to post it up here! I also just played a game of dota with a polycounter names "hunter" in game and it was awesome. I forget his PC handle but him and his wife made the awesome Llama courier so thanks for the great game! (I was support venomancer).

samuel_kessler_s_forgiven_sketch_trade_by_jouste-d6qjl4o.jpg

so my good pal Samuel Kessler was up for a sketch trade! Hooray! so here's his very cool character the "Forgiven" a celestial warrior with a sweet fiery axe! here's the original reference right here.

Sam's characters are so direct, they are really awesome to draw. I really tend to over complicate absolutely everything that I come up with so it's always nice working on characters like this. It forces me to draw smart and not over-accessorize. So thanks for continuing to make these great designs pal! We'll have to do it again soon!

And here's is half of the sketch trade. He did my space-faring werewolf Lou Garoux!

pokemon_fusion__slowsir_by_jouste-d6qjlya.jpg

I don't normally do pokemons or poke-fusions or whatever, but back in the day i did play a bunch of blue until it my file was saved over and I got totally bummed out. Anyways there is a contest at a local video-game bar here in Vancouver www.facebook.com/expbar that asked for a poke-fusion and the owners are cool folks so I thought I would give it a shot!

So anyways here's a super sweet combo of Slowbro (one of my favorites) and Pinsir! (another one of my favorites) They fuse to create the scrappy pokemon "Slowsir"! with using the pokemon fusion site the result doesn't exactly look like this so i did take some liberties haha. I decided to put 2 shellders on each of his shoulders to add even more pain resistant venom and crank out even more psychic power with constant chomping! The pincers on top of his goofy head help channel the psychic power into his crushing attacks so all other pokemans should probably watch out.

it was a lot of fun! I've always really liked the monster designs in pokemon so this was a fun exercise. Thanks guys!

nuclear_throne_fan_art__nuclear_suspects_by_jouste-d6qynan.jpg

You know what kicks ass? Nuclear Throne kicks ass! Vlambeer is such an awesome company full of some of the best talent out there and that's why their games are so awesome. Paul Veer's characters are so great in this game that I had to draw them all (well I'm missing the katana chicken and Bandit Mom but whatever). So far my favorite dude is Melting and my favorite weapon is the sweet sweet shovel. Justin Chan's additional art has also been wicked on this game and has really brought an extra layer to Paul's already charming monsters. I'm probably going to end up drawing some of the enemies as well because they are just as cool looking. I've also been lucky enough to meet Paul on a couple occasions and he is a super nice guy on top of all that talent.

So get your throne butt in gear and give it a shot! It's early access on steam now and super fun. It's just as chunky as their other titles and the weapons feel amazing. They did an awesome job so far and it's only going to get better. Hope you guys like it!

If you are interested in their game check them out here!
  • acapulco
    Offline / Send Message
    acapulco polycounter lvl 9
    I havn't been looking in here for ages! Thats really really awesome stuff you posted here lately. Love your designs!
    Sorry for the few words, but I have to dig through here =)