Home General Discussion

Diablo 3

Replies

• dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Ohhhh, someone needs to call Blizzard and get on it! Polycount D3 contest would make some amazing content!
  • wasker
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    I'm really looking forward to it :) Can't wait to see all that handpainted awesomeness in motion and if it's grittier and darker then that just means they're listening to many of the fan request they've been gettng and I'm all for a grittier and darker D3 experience. I just hope it's a decently sized expansion. I want atleast 10-15hs of new contet :)

I wonder how this is going to tie in with the story of the main game. We could be fighting Diablo again with the soulstone gone missing. Also, I wonder why Maltheal turned rogue in the first place or if Imperius is involed since (according to the wiki) they're buds. Then again it wouldn't be the first time an angel (Izual) got corrupted in the Diablo universe.
  • Boban
    Their cinematic are awesome. It is bad that their games are fucked up.
  • Skiffy
    Offline / Send Message
    Skiffy polycounter lvl 15
    I would LOOOVEE if they added support to make our own art and submit it like DOTA2... or just support for this in general especially with the new artisan that can apply visual styles from one item to another. That would be perfect.... BLIZZARD please add this. I would slave away for hours on that sweet madness. Diffuse textures all the way.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Skiffy wrote: »
    I would LOOOVEE if they added support to make our own art and submit it like DOTA2... or just support for this in general especially with the new artisan that can apply visual styles from one item to another. That would be perfect.... BLIZZARD please add this. I would slave away for hours on that sweet madness. Diffuse textures all the way.

Blizzard lad. Thats never going to happen. The most you can do is use their content to make a game in their own engine that requires their games to play your game like starcraft.
  • Arno
    Offline / Send Message
    Arno polycounter lvl 8
    Looking forward to this expansion, Cinematic got me really excited !
    Like the slight direction change they are taking :)
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Blizzard lad. Thats never going to happen. The most you can do is use their content to make a game in their own engine that requires their games to play your game like starcraft.

Nownow, sc2 supports custom assets.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    It would be pretty sick if we could mod some monsters in D3. Create our own demons!

The console version comes out in 8 days! I'm really excited for that. Glad it is shipping with difficulty settings too so I can play it on the MP10 equivalent.

It'll be fun to play some couch co-op with my wife for same-screen mayhem. Just like the good ol' arcade days, no split screen!
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone else here going to pick up the console version of D3? I haven't looked much into perf. on either console, but I'm leaning towards the 360 version. I loved Torchlight for XBLA so looking forward to playing D3 with a gamepad.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I'll prbly get a copy for console.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    D3 really disappointed me on PC.

However, there have been a slew of great changes. Plus, the fact that it has same-screen, couch co-op, I am buying it. This is perfect for my me and my wife. We love playing Turtles In Time and X-Men together because it feels like you're actually playing together.

I already have my 360 version pre-ordered! Picking it up Tuesday!

I am also excited for the expansion because I like the idea of "Loot Dungeons" and "Nephalim Trials."
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Reaper of Souls is tempting... but it's not much content for a £30 price tag. Especially as they have stated that all the new loot and loot 2.0 is being released as a free update. Guess we'll see near the time, but I have been getting back into D3.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array wrote: »
    Reaper of Souls is tempting... but it's not much content for a £30 price tag. Especially as they have stated that all the new loot and loot 2.0 is being released as a free update. Guess we'll see near the time, but I have been getting back into D3.

There will probably be a ton of items that won't be available unless you have the expansion, and you will have a lower level cap and probably won't be able to experience all the end-game content they release.

You'll most likely be able to do the Nephalim Trials and Loot Dungeons.

You won't get the extra abilities for any classes either, and own't get the Crusader.

It's like all games: expansions are optional, but provide lots of exclusive content.
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    With the news of the expansion, I actually booted this back up and enjoyed it more (still didnt get anything good though thats probably due to being capped at MP1-2.
  • dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    With the news of the expansion, I actually booted this back up and enjoyed it more (still didnt get anything good though thats probably due to being capped at MP1-2.

You need to be in a full game with MP 4+ and you'll see legendaries drop usually once per game or more. Have had a game with 3 drops so far, and some have even been quite good.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto wrote: »
    You need to be in a full game with MP 4+ and you'll see legendaries drop usually once per game or more. Have had a game with 3 drops so far, and some have even been quite good.

This is another thing I am excited about for console and Loot 2.0. Loot 2.0 is increasing legendary drops, and console rates will be higher than PC. After Loot 2.0 hits console, legendary drops should be fairly noticeable.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Want legendaries?

Play on console:

From Joystiq:
    “While the PC/Mac game was criticized for its stingy loot drop system – something Blizzard has adjusted multiple times with updates – the console version has a much higher yield of top-tier gear. The pendulum has swung a little too far in the "favorable" direction, as my level 22 Demon Hunter currently sports five Legendary pieces of gear. In the 150 hours of Diablo 3 I played on PC, I only ever saw a single Legendary drop ... and its stats were pitiful.”
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor

get your MP up, try to always run with 300%, they'll start comin. Do keywarden runs, build machines! In the time it took to build 1 machine (about 6 runs total) I found 8 legs, 2 sets, and 5 or 6 really good yellows. Of those i'm still using 3 of the set/leg items. Will get ya plevel too, as that goes up you can shift out the MP gear for damage stuffs.

That's crazy about the console version. I'm guessing the loot system on the console is the same coming to RoS. Wonder if they'll add a new level above legendary and set to appease the super-rare item?
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    There is a very simple reason for the loot drops: Consoles doesn't have an auction house, so they can get proper drops so the game is more about fun, then grinding and sell, grinding and sell... :P
  • Geezus
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    So, I loaded up D3 on the X360 last night. The targeting is going to take some getting use to, but it's a solid port. I think the fact that the auction house doesn't exist on the console and the drops/loot have been increased will prove to be a better experience. Really, though, I'm only interested in getting my girl into co-op gaming with me, and this might be the entry point into that. Here's hoping!
  • slipsius
    The reason it feels like a solid port is because its not a port. its a different team all together, building it from the base up.

And no, I wouldnt say the entire reason the loot seems better is because lack of AH. It's because they took all the feedback from the players and fixed it in this version.

Has anyone found any legs on console yet? Im curious to see how good they are. if they are just like the ones they`ve teased about for the expansion.
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    Played ACT1 last night with a few friends on the couch - really enjoyed it. Solid framerate and really smart UI decisions (also love the quick equip mapped on the d-Pad). Also appreciated that your character would auto-run or blink if you were AFK and your team kept moving on.

I also played some a bit of normal on hard mode (solo) and it was a huge challenge. I'm not sure how bad it would be with monster scaling and multiple people though. It took a while to kill elites, and was in danger of getting killed in a couple of hits from anything as demon hunter.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I played with my wife and two other friends all couch co-op. Awesome and hilarious experience. It's fun to watch someone running away from a monster and watch them get killed, or something similar and save them.

Feels very engaging, we all had a lot of fun :)

We played it on Hard and it was pretty satisfying. Master 1 & 2 unlock when you get a character to level 10, and we only got to level 8 or so.

The only thing that sucks is playing through the story for the millionth time, which is why I quit playing on PC. It's very linear still. I'm excited for the expansion to give game modes that aren't so god-awfully linear.
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor wrote: »
    was in danger of getting killed in a couple of hits from anything as demon hunter.

thats generally the experience playing demon hunter at any level haha :P Also thanks for the tips moose. Gonna play some today.
  • BlvdNights
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Gonna pick it up this weekend and...

CRUNK.gif
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    Hit Act 3 last night. NOT a fan of how they changed the Belial fight. The camera difference was enough to get us all killed multiple times due to poor positioning and rotation (master level 2). It's now super low to the ground and almost looking up at Belial versus top down. The camera also swings left and right as you move around. Not quites sure why they went for that view instead of the PC top-down pull back.

It was also weird to see Naga's being spawned all over the place near the end of the fight - made dodging Belial's AOE spam attacks more difficult than it had to be. I'm digging the gem combining though, really easy to combine and socket.
  • slipsius
    any word on how good the legendaries are now?
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    We've gotten a whole bunch of legendaries while playing, and usually they are slighty better (due to sheer number of enhancements versus yellow / blue)or on par than we had equipped.

From a casual look, the item vendor in Act 2 would provide stuff on par or usually better from what we'd craft at the Blacksmith.

The stuff crafted at the blacksmith was usually better than what we picked up and it really seems to stack the stat needed for the class you were playing with (INT for Wizard, DEX for Demon Hunter etc). After every major quest, we'd spend time at the town salvaging and crafting because of it.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't found any legendaries yet.

I do have to say that the game seems quite a bit more difficult. I can't really play on a setting beyond "Hard" because I never have potions, potions never drop, and potions cost a huge chunk of gold early on.

I'm actually running around as a shield barb and have the passive to increased Health Orb drops and I still die very frequently.

Potions are so expensive, that it is actually cheaper to zerg rush and die until things are dead. Dying 10 times costs 500g, and 1 potion costs 500g. I can usualy zerg rush kill a group in 2-3 deaths... meaning it's cheaper to just die a ton than actually try to live due to the value and scarcity of potions.

The whole dying / potion thing is the only issue I've run into so far.

However recently I found out that "Normal" and "Hard" difficulties have no increased rewards over "Easy." Only Masters 1-5 have increased rewards. Anyone else experience this?
  • fmnoor
    Offline / Send Message
    However recently I found out that "Normal" and "Hard" difficulties have no increased rewards over "Easy." Only Masters 1-5 have increased rewards. Anyone else experience this?

Yup. I think even the description for Hard doesn't acknowledge better loot drop - only the master levels.

Master 2 seems easier than Hard from what I experienced. I think the difficulty curve for Master levels is tied directly to Normal and not Hard/Easy.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow that's very bizarre. They need to clarify that. Maybe I will try Master 1 or 2 tonight instead of "Hard".
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    Official Blizzard clarification:

"I know there is some confusion on the forums about how Easy, Normal, and Hard modes affect adventure stats, so I'm going to try and help clear that up. Those modes (Easy, Normal, and Hard) do not alter Magic Find, Gold Find, or XP Bonus in any way, and are just there so players can adjust the difficulty to their liking.

Once you're ready to handle something more challenging than Hard difficulty, however, those bonuses quickly ramp up. Here's what you can expect from Master I - Master V difficulties.

Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
    Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
    Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
    Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
    Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus"
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    to be honest, just play on master 5 from the beginning. there's really no reason not to unless you're playing hardcore mode.

and actually it's awesomely fun on hardcore mode if playing with a group - start a new character (so everyone starts from level 1) on hardcore master 5. the aim of the game isn't to get people killed, but certainly to point and laugh when they die :P
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    Found two legendaries today doing key runs so guess something definitely has changed :D Got windforce now!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm level 19 and we've found about 6 legendaries so far, all between levels 1-13. It's nice to get some good drops, unlike the PC garbage they've had since release.

No AH = awesome
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Found 7 legendaries in one run today, inferno mode, monster power level 10... but... pc items, so crap loot except 2 items i'm gonna try to sell in the RMAH :P.

I wish they release a patch for pc.
  • Alphavader
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    played fo hours just found one crappy legendary item - pc item ;)
    Iam lvl 51 in Hell mode now - never found a green set item..
  • wasker
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    97hrs 2 legendaries so far with 300% magicfind :)
  • slipsius
    oh man, im asking about legendaries on console. lol. wondering if they are good now....
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I've found about 13 legendaries so far, level 24. I have found 1/3 of them to be useful and pretty good upgrades to my current equips, the others are for lower level if I want to play a new character.

Feels a lot more like D2: saving loot for new characters you'd make.

Feels good.

I can't imagine going back to PC.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    You guys are having more luck finding legendaries / pieces of legendaries then I do on my paragon 65. You frggin concolers.:poly118:

I bet you found hellfire ring at level 1 right? :shifty:
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    Me and a friend found this farm route through act 2 and the one guy got like 4 legendaries during the run. Vault -> Desolate Sands -> West and East Channels (we then go do keywarden). Been pretty good for farming paragon.
  • slipsius
    Picked it up for console yesterday. Played till just after the skeleton king. Gotta say, im really loving the controls. It feels like a much better game. The look, from what ive seen, given its just super low level stuff, is still a lot better.

Love that potions auto pick up. and the new nephalim orbs that drop. pretty cool.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Offline / Send Message
    I like that the shit I craft is usually amazing and rolls the necessary stats for my character 99% of the time. Only 1 yellow item I crafted didn't roll STR / VIT for my Barb.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I found that was true to, until lvl 50 on PC. It seemed like that while leveling, crafted items were always good for me after 2 or 3 crafts. Once I hit 50 however, the craft:use ratio seemed to shift to more like 20:1.

still have yet to pick it up, what are a lot of people playing on, ps3 or 360?
  • BlvdNights
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Got the 360 version. Having a blast with different groups of friends playing through it. One of the best couch coop experiences ive had so far. Only gripe is with the character menus being shared for one person at a time on the whole screen. Other than that, I really like it so far.
  • slipsius
    xbox here.

Anim8TheWeak

Loot is weighted to your current player, even at 60. So you`re more likely to find stuff for your own toon. that was a panned improvement for console. here is a list of changes to console, for anyone that is interested.

DROPS
    • Drops are often tailored to the class you are playing
    • Less overall drops
    • Legendary drops (including plans) drop at a much higher rate
    • All legendary items can roll at all levels
    • Drops are often tailored to the class you are playing
    • First-time diablo kill on each difficulty will drop a guaranteed legendary

SKILLS
    • Certain skills have had their cooldowns changed
    • Certain buffs are now permanent and don't have to be recast
    • No cooldown on skills when swapped

GAMEPLAY
    • Paragon levels are account wide
    • There is no auction house
    • Nephalem glory globes added
    • Dodge feature added
    • Fixed camera angle (slightly lower)
    • Nephalem valor stacks to 3 (instead of 5)
    • Elite mobs in inferno have 3 affixes (instead of 4)
    • Can play offline
    • Easy, medium and hard mode added (provide no bonuses)
    • Rare items don't need to be identified
    • Ranged skills auto-target
    • Demon hunters cannot use melee weapons
    • Choice of resurrection
    • Automatic resurrection in multiplayer
    • Quick equip menu for gear
    • Cannot dye legendary gear
    • Quest rewards often include gear
    • Vendors sell better gear
    • Grotesque monsters don't always explode
    • Certain boss battles are slightly different
    • Crafting gems and gear have different costs
    • Potions/gems/tomes/pages stack over 100
    • Potions automatically picked up when walked over
    • One potion which heals in percentage (instead of set amounts)
    • Bodies in the environment are looted by running over them
    • Items can be marked as junk and sold all at once
    • Much more stash space when fully upgraded
    • Stash and inventory sorted by gear slots
    • Staff of herding requires less items (Black Mushroom, Wirts Bell, Gibbering Gemstone, Plan: Staff of Herding)

MYTH (not real)
    • No cap to movement speed

Waiting on Verification
    • Do potions/gems/tomes stack over 999?
    • Paragon level cap?
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    how do multiple characters per account work on the console version? i'm thinking of grabbing this on the ps4 when it's launched. but i'd like some more info on that.

like... does each player create/play a character on one account? or do they have to log in with separate accounts? would i need to buy one copy of the game per person who wanted to play with me?
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    • Cannot dye legendary gear

AFAIK you cant do this on PC too was trying to dye one the other day.
  • slipsius
    ya, you cant dye legs. never could. they are apparently on the going to be patched list.