Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Weird shading errors

sWIRLEE
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sWIRLEE polycounter lvl 18
Hello and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm finally getting around to using the Quixel suite for the first time after having trouble getting it running a few weeks back, which you helped me fix.

My current issue is that when editing parameters in NDO and previewing my model in 3DO the material on the model will switch to purple in the previewer as if it's using the normal map color for the diffuse somehow. This happens every time. I created a quick gif which illustrates what is going on.

I think the trouble I am having selecting some of the settings may be related to the screen capture and also I noticed when I an trying to input numbers into the size slider it changes the layers opacity somehow.

PnOZ0hX.gif (Linked)

Replies

• Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    The mesh turning purple has to do with 3DO loading the normal map into the Albedo texture slot I believe. Can you check the map loader and see what that looks like?
  • sWIRLEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Wiktor, Thanks for the reply.

So I still don't know why it's doing this, but I know what is happening. For some reason, when I am messing with sliders and different parameters within NDO, the specular slider within 3DO gets turns all the way up. Kind of strange as I am not messing with the sliders within 3DO at all when this happens. At least it's a relatively easy thing to fix now. Before I had to restart photoshop and the suite.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That might be connected with the issue you're having with interacting with the interface when recording. I'll have to check with my collegues and see if they know what's going on there.
  • sWIRLEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The material turning purple as a result of the specular slider being moved all the way up was something that was happening before I used any capture software, which by the way I was using screen to gif. However now that I know that's all that's happening, it's a super minor annoyance. The trouble clicking through the menus though could be the capture software, the menus were behaving normally when not using it. Thanks for your help! Your work is great too by the way.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's turning purple because of the specularity? That's super odd! Is the normal map plugged in to the specular slot somehow?