Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

iAnimate Workshop stuff

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Hito interpolator
Dusting off my old account, my last activities were in 2009... jeezes...

anyway, very happy to see an animation section on polycount! Just finished iAniamte game animation 1. starting game animation 2 in a couple of weeks.

product of my labors; rig model and textures are all iAnimate, I keyframed everything.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgFygfmiv0[/ame]

Replies

• absorbentghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    absorbentghost polycounter lvl 6
    Nice work man , u animate in hangouts or anything , cuz that would be cool .
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    whats hangouts?
  • Garana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Garana polycounter lvl 6
    I think what @absorbentghost is talking about is google hangouts like what Animation Mentor do.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Google hangouts. You share screens with people who are also doing 3d art, and talk via chat or voice. They are fun. Network, help each other out. See different workflows.

Some good stuff in your reel though!

I think legions slide is too slow, especially for how he knocks the shelves. and when hes running with the minigun, the minigun doesnt feel very heavy. Would be nice to see some more weight on that. His arms are very bouncy, but the gun itself is pretty steady
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Ah okay, I had a feeling it was google hangouts. Is there a permanent one for polycount? or just add each other to google chat?

you're right about the slide. it does feel slow. minigun though is an odd one. I thought the same initially, then I shot some ref jogging while carrying a tower computer, probably around 30 to 40lb. It was more of me bouncing around the case. Amping up the gat gun movement does look nicer though.