Home Dota 2

Pro Players looking for sets

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
See bottom of post for specific chinese player contacts from Josh.

CURRENT PRO PLAYERS ASKING FOR SETS:

-[Standin] Ar1se https://twitter.com/ar1se_3020 Wants a magnus Set!

-[SNA] IXMIKE88 - www.twitter.com/ixmike88 (wants a SpiritBreaker set I think)

-[Newbee] HAO - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Hao (ember set)

-[IAP:Execration] Ewe - https://www.facebook.com/Troublemeyker (tidehunter/elder titan)

-[IAP:Execration] kimo - https://www.facebook.com/Gambler.Kings (EarthShaker or other support heroes)

-[Can't Say Wips] Xtinct - best contact is www.twitter.com/babyolingg (Any support heroes, esp Vengeful Spirit / Earthshaker / Skywrath Mage)

-[NAVI US] Brax - https://twitter.com/braxlikesdota (A taco wielding Storm Spirit! :p)

-[FNATIC] H4NN1 - https://twitter.com/kaih4nn1 (Invoker or Shadow Fiend, message him or me to talk options)

-[Virtus Pro] G - http://twitter.com/gthemall (Black-ish/Dark/Evil Storm spirit set)

-[Execration] Kimo (Any support heroes, esp Witch Doctor / Earthshaker)

-[MiTH] Lakelz (Antimage and/or Morphling)

Current 3RD parties/Teams/Tournaments

-Lysander - caster - www.twitter.com/LysanderXonora (Just ask him what he wants on twitter!)

-Capatalist - caster - www.twitter.com/DotACapitalist (wants an 'MERIC'N eagle courier)
Tvidotto wrote: »
Josh Lee is the chinese translator on Dota 2 events, and he agreed to help on that. The best way to reach them is to add Josh on skype and he will help with the rest

Be sure to explain on the invite that you are an artists at the dota 2 workshop and send some works so the player can know your capabilities

Josh's skype is joshlee.88

LaNm -- Juggernaut, Tiny. No description given, but LaNm's Tiny was the big game Tiny against Orange at TI2. Contact info: QQ or Wechat if you have, or coordinate with me

Newbee.Mu -- Death Prophet. A more flamboyant, flashy type to fit with his style. But happy to see what interpretation creator may have. Contact info: QQ if you have, or coordinate

LGD.Yao -- Invoker. Contact info: QQ if you have, or coordinate something

LGD.MMY -- Lion, Tusk. Both can be considered signature heroes of his, especially his Lion, which has been his since he played mid to now with his support Lion. Contact info: QQ if you have, or coordinate

Ferrari_430 -- Ember Spirit. A signature hero that he is perhaps best in the world on. Contact info: QQ or coordinate

Newbee.Hao -- Spectre. This is a pretty old request so not sure if it's still valid, but he wanted a dark themed Spectre but with flashy effects. Contact info: QQ, or coordinate further

Hey all!

Here in this thread I will post current pro players or teams looking for set creators to work with them on cosmetics.

If you have a concept you want to show a pro player and you can't contact them via their twitter, drop me a skype at Anuxinamoon or PM me on polycount, message me when you add me to let me know who you are on Polycount and what you want to do. I don't add people on skype who don't send a message!

Anyone looking for an artist to work for them, just drop your contact info in this thread. Edit your post if you have found someone.

I usually only consider people who have already gotten an item into the game as a bar for entry to make pro gear. This is so the client knows you have what it takes to get past the valve gates!

I will not take a %. I just want to see more players with cool sets.

Also remember that a player can have multiple items.

I always make sure I tell a client that the going rate for any artist for any pro gear is 70/30. 70% artist.
When you start talking to them, negotiations are in your court. Should you want to negotiate the % is all up to you.

Added: For the protection of your art and for the player; make sure you state in writing that all percentage numbers are not set in stone. The are liable to change or be resubmitted with changes at any time, if changes to the team and or player situation grant it.
Pretty much if the player requests that his % change, or an artist requests their % change, they are entitled to do so. No lock ins.
Make sure you state this in writing:
ALL RIGHTS to the art belong to the artists until acceptance onto the DOTA2 Store.

I'm Josh.. I posted here previously, after TI3, to help some Chinese players have sets made (so far got Burning, DD, Faith, YYF and maybe others that I'm forgetting right now).

I'm not interested in any share of revenue unless everyone else involved wants to give me something (mainly because as a fan it's cool to see 'self-made', haha), I primarily just want to help get sets made for people who have asked me for assistance. As Thiago said, most of them have minimal -- if any -- English skills so I'd mostly be helping there. That said, everyone I've helped so far has been pretty easy-going in terms of design and tends to allow the artist(s) to just interpret and create as they desire with small adjustments only, so even that shouldn't be much of a difficulty...

The list above I sent to Thiago in hopes of enlisting further help to get sets made for some other Chinese players that have asked me... So consider this a bump and a personal request for anyone interested to contact me, thank you all in advance. :)

Replies

• Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Great initiative! I was wondering about already existing sets. Are they eligible for offering?
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Very nice initiative! What is most important is that more pro players will know its not rocket science to find artist to make sets for them and things will even out. Right now I am so tired of seeing mostly IceIceIce and SingSing sets... so boring :D
  • mihalceanu
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Anuxinamoon : I never made a set for a pro-gamer / caster before ; Beside the potential promotion on the item/artist , is there a better chance to get it in ( like the tournaments) ?

and + on Vayne4800's question ; can we show them a work in progress / finished set ?
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Vayne4800 @mihalceanu I imagien you could. Question is if pro player/caster would like to have a set from recycling?

Whenever it is possible I think what is best in making sets for pro players/organizations is that you are given some kind of theme you need to follow. That is both challenging, however at the same time a lot more rewarding.

Apart from this discussion I am really surprised that HAO need to look for set creator. People would kill to make a set for him!

Btw while the thread is young it could be nice that players/casters would state some kind of communication channel/method how we could reach them :) For example one could tweet IXMIKE however how one would reach HAO I don't even... 0____0
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Tournament's seem to have the greatest acceptance rate. Pro sets can take longer.

Everything still has to go through the workshop.
  • Andumy
    Offline / Send Message
    Andumy polygon
    really nice initiative anuxi! this will be really usefull :D
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    DNADota polycounter lvl 2
    @Anuxinamoon just PMed you about a set!
  • Xajai
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    Great idea! ill keep checking this post regulary
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    Andumy wrote: »
    really nice initiative anuxi! this will be really usefull :D
    +1

Definitely a great involvement by you, Anuxi!
  • danpaz3d
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    Great thread idea,

I think something important to note is that a creator should like/follow/have knowledge of the client they are making content for. The most important thing to get out of doing something like this is to make a good connection to the client and potentially get noticed a bit more by their audience. I think it's a great opportunity for people who make great content but haven't been noticed much.

Sticky this thread.
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Anuxi, awesome initiative as usual ;)
  • bounchfx
    This is awesome Anuxi, thanks for putting this together and helping pair awesome players with awesome artists. I think it's great to share opportunities to collab with some pro players.

That being said, I just want to remind everyone to please keep on topic, stay friendly, and most importantly show respect to your fellow polycounters. Now carry on with that crazy love we call game art :).
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    I should mention, if you want, you can always try to contact players and others via their twitter!

Also updated the list with requested heroes or couriers
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated thread with more players
  • Toasty
    thanks for starting and continuing to update this thread Anuxi. If only I had something already in game I'd be right on talking to some of the pro's!

-Toasty
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    DNADota polycounter lvl 2
    Big up to Anuxi for making this!!
  • agito666
    wow..interesting... but i have no idea for VS set, summore they require "before her fall", that gonna challenging. (for chainging colour scheme into other thing)

2nd thing is i want to cheers for malaysia team as malaysian. XD
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras; I don't know how to get to hao, except through tiffany, who has reached out to a lot of sea and chinese players about this thread and getting them to contribute. So to get in contact with hao, I go through her. :p
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated with more players!
  • MagnoHusein
    Thanks alot! Great initiative!
  • Thnk
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnk polycounter lvl 5
    Awesome thread Aunxi! Thanks for taking the time to do things like this for the workshop community. :)

Also, I'm kind of curious as to how valve would treat a set made for a popular dota 2 twitch streamer. Some might have just as many fans if not more than some pro players. What do you guys think?
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    totally! I don't think valve would care if its a twitch streamer, caster, personality, player.

We did Shagbark for cyborgmatt last year and he was only known as the patch guy.
  • agito666
    i duno i did concept for Hexor, now still waiting for the 3d modelling done ...

thinking it will work or not...XD
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Added G from Virtus Pro to the list!
  • Mathew O
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    This is amazing :D Thanks Anuxi
  • ReMixx
    I'd just like to add that you guys should consider adding a clause to your agreements with organizations/players that if they disband/go through any major roster changes or enact any unprofessional or harmful conduct (322) before a set is accepted to the game that you could remove them from the submission (resubmit without them as a contributor) or renegotiate percentages, etc.

Any resubmissions would have to remove logos or anything of that nature, obviously.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a great idea.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    thread stuck on the main page

as usual, great work Stephanie =]
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    I am curious, any plans to keep updating the thread with collab updates? Which artist(s) working with whom? or is that confidential?
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont think its needed as players can have multiple sets made for them.
    If in doubt, just ask them via the provided link, if there is none, ask me I guess.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump for visibility
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    humf, not stick anymore... I will talk with the other guys and see why is not

moar names! But they are a little hard to reach and will probably not add people they don't know on the QQ. Josh Lee is the chinese translator on Dota 2 events, and he agreed to help on that. The best way to reach them is to add Josh on skype and he will help with the rest

Be sure to explain on the invite that you are an artists at the dota 2 workshop and send some works so the player can know your capabilities

his skype is joshlee.88

Josh is a great guy, this list is all thanks to him =]

LaNm -- Juggernaut, Tiny. No description given, but LaNm's Tiny was the big game Tiny against Orange at TI2. Contact info: QQ or Wechat if you have, or coordinate with me

Newbee.Mu -- Death Prophet. A more flamboyant, flashy type to fit with his style. But happy to see what interpretation creator may have. Contact info: QQ if you have, or coordinate

LGD.MMY -- Lion, Tusk. Both can be considered signature heroes of his, especially his Lion, which has been his since he played mid to now with his support Lion. Contact info: QQ if you have, or coordinate

Ferrari_430 -- Ember Spirit. A signature hero that he is perhaps best in the world on. Contact info: QQ or coordinate

Newbee.Hao -- Spectre. This is a pretty old request so not sure if it's still valid, but he wanted a dark themed Spectre but with flashy effects. Contact info: QQ, or coordinate further
  • cottonwings
    Just to let you know QQ has an international version (http://www.imqq.com/), only your email address is needed and it'll be your QQ contact id. As for China users, their ids are in numbers instead. :)
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Regarding this part :
    Added: For the protection of your art and for the player; make sure you state in writing that all percentage numbers are not set in stone. The are liable to change or be resubmitted with changes at any time, if changes to the team and or player situation grant it.
    Pretty much if the player requests that his % change, or an artist requests their % change, they are entitled to do so. No lock ins.

What do you mean by that ? As far as I know revenue sharing splits are locked for good once they are accepted by all contributors through the workshop page, and I don't know of a way to resubmit them if needed. Or are you just talking about % changes negotiated before the final item submission ?

Thank you for this thread btw. If anything, it's a good source of inspiration for relevant hero sets to work on :)
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    @Pior I think it means that during the ongoing project, both parties can ask to renegotiate the revenue split % . (Before it is submitted)
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    Regarding this part :

What do you mean by that ? As far as I know revenue sharing splits are locked for good once they are accepted by all contributors through the workshop page, and I don't know of a way to resubmit them if needed. Or are you just talking about % changes negotiated before the final item submission ?

Thank you for this thread btw. If anything, it's a good source of inspiration for relevant hero sets to work on :)

pior, I have a good example.

We made a group of items for some players at the team Fnatic. But the team changed and some of them are not part of the team anymore.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    Yeah, that's indeed a good example - so, what happened then ? Did this have an impact on the revenue sharing page, unlocking it for adjustments ?
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to let you know QQ has an international version (http://www.imqq.com/), only your email address is needed and it'll be your QQ contact id. As for China users, their ids are in numbers instead. :)

I used an international version of QQ, but most of the players doesn't speak english or have difficult to comunicate and that make them look a little unpolite by being direct

I had this problem before and I gave up with QQ =]
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    Yeah, that's indeed a good example - so, what happened then ? Did this have an impact on the revenue sharing page, unlocking it for adjustments ?

You can delete the previous submission or make it private, then upload the new one with the new percentages.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    Ha, now that makes sense ! Thank you for clearing this up. I never had to go through such a process before hence I didn't know it was possible. It's good to know that it is an option if an issue were to arise. Good !
  • AutumnWindz
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    humf, not stick anymore... I will talk with the other guys and see why is not

moar names! But they are a little hard to reach and will probably not add people they don't know on the QQ. Josh Lee is the chinese translator on Dota 2 events, and he agreed to help on that. The best way to reach them is to add Josh on skype and he will help with the rest

his skype is joshlee.88

Josh is a great guy, this list is all thanks to him =]

I'm Josh.. I posted here previously, after TI3, to help some Chinese players have sets made (so far got Burning, DD, Faith, YYF and maybe others that I'm forgetting right now).

I'm not interested in any share of revenue unless everyone else involved wants to give me something (mainly because as a fan it's cool to see 'self-made', haha), I primarily just want to help get sets made for people who have asked me for assistance. As Thiago said, most of them have minimal -- if any -- English skills so I'd mostly be helping there. That said, everyone I've helped so far has been pretty easy-going in terms of design and tends to allow the artist(s) to just interpret and create as they desire with small adjustments only, so even that shouldn't be much of a difficulty...

The list above I sent to Thiago in hopes of enlisting further help to get sets made for some other Chinese players that have asked me... So consider this a bump and a personal request for anyone interested to contact me, thank you all in advance. :)
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    updated first post with josh and thiagos posts
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    A cool reddit post on what people are suggesting for pro players o have as sets: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2r01uo/which_pro_player_deserves_a_hero_set/
  • AutumnWindz
    Thank you Anuxi :)

Still looking for help for the Chinese pros listed above, anyone interested please contact me or forward to those who you think may be interested. I understand that workshop artists tend to be very busy and so working with a language barrier (Chinese) may not seem worthwhile, but I promise I will do my best to make things easier.

• Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't forget you can do player sets for new bloom if you are so inclined!
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't forget you can do player sets for new bloom if you are so inclined!

Isn't that kind of late at this point? (unless it is one of the two artists I know in mind who are super fast :shifty:)
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    totally! I don't think valve would care if its a twitch streamer, caster, personality, player.

I'm a little late to this party, but this is something I have been interested in since day one of watching streams. I would love to make a set for a personality like Lily, Purge, Wagamama, etc...
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Kite, I can connect you with them, or you can go ahead and tweet at them asking if they are interested.
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Kite, I can connect you with them, or you can go ahead and tweet at them asking if they are interested.

If you could connect me with some of them that would be amazing :poly136:, otherwise I can do some social media stalking, maybe time I finally made a twitter for my workshop
  • Toasty
    Out of curiosity what sort of % from ticket sales are artists accepting when bundled with Tournaments? I've been contacted by a Tournament, however so far the offered rate seems quite low. However I'm really not sure what's low or not.