Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Cryengine] Helicopters in Space.

Here is 90% done greybox (one more detail pass left) of my gunship.
Idea for it came up when I heard a lot about "Fighter plane is Space" critique some time ago for certain games, I was like - hey lets make a space helicopter.

Design guidelines were meant to be similar to how Star Citizen is approaching their designs - realistic but not over cool. The function of this craft is to be a hybrid between our helicopter gunships, MBT and artillery. Hide between debris, use sensor to track a target, pop up, kill it with a rail gun. Maneuverability is the key. There are a lot of systems i came up with for this craft, all functional. I don't want to go into detail but ask and I shall answer.

I also tried to make it as realistic for space combat as the cool factor permitted, so there are engine nozzles for every axis, a sophisticated fly by wire system, etc etc.

I'm starting a new job soon, so can't promise very regular updates but i would love to start bouncing this against some creative minds with helping to balance the silhouette, make it more cool, remove some annoying shapes before I start moving it to CryEngine and before fine detail pass.

Any comments and critique is very very valuable, and I would like to thank you all in advance.

Underbelly and gear is still WIP for this stage, should take me a day or two.

aiming for under 600,000 tris

to be done in a POM PBR workflow.

zTchjUB.jpg
4nwQgcL.jpg
ypqQ6Og.jpg
ypqQ6Og.jpg
l3exUwP.jpg
XGmqRuA.jpg
UdFrPkX.jpg
9C5wnYZ.jpg
9C5wnYZ.jpg
MMh7WKN.jpg