SH4DOWM4NTIZ
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
SH4DOWM4NTIZ polycounter lvl 8
Hi Everyone,

I am having a weird Problem in 3DO when I load in a custom mesh :(

oUbhnHm.jpg
Jci5cO9.jpg

I get this weird effect spreading from the bottom left corner and the options side bar, until it eventually covers the whole space.

If i switch to displaying a primitve, it looks fine. I couldn't find any thread with similair problems, so I hope I'm not that guy asking the same old question for the 100st time.

I tried the usual stuff like restarting photoshop, quixel suite and the pc and getting new graphics card drivers.

If it helps, I'm using CS6 and a Gtx 970. Hope someone can help with this. Thanks!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's a long shot, but try switching your resolution a few steps down and run 3DO again afterward. If it works then, put it back up to its original resolution.
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the suggestion Synaesthesia! I guess you are talking about the work resolution that 3DO previews the texture in?

Unfortunately changing it didn't have any effect on the problem. To be sure I also tried a smaller texture resolution and set the screen resolution lower.

I tried the same setup on a different pc and everything works fine there... :(
  • St.Sabath
    Offline / Send Message
    St.Sabath polycounter lvl 11
    I have the same thing.What helps for me is when its doing this,hit space for UI then switch to any of the default meshes,then back to custom mesh again.Hope it helps.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I meant actually switch the resolution of your monitors down. I've had that fix a few issues before.
  • SH4DOWM4NTIZ
    Offline / Send Message
    @St. Sabath: Thanks for the tip, actually the custom mesh option was greyed out, so I re-exported the model and it worked without any weird stuff going on. So I guess it must have been something about the export settings I originally had...

@Synaethesia: Ah, I see, I will keep that in mind in case I encounter any issues in the future, thank you :)

Thanks a lot for the help!
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    For me It happens because of that export option only. Some times export settings can reset and turn that checkbox back On. Try to not use it at all.

Even Autodesk suggest to turn it off in all common situations.
    Autodesk wrote:
    Relative numbers causes face vertex indices in exported files to be expressed as relative (i.e., negative) numbers. This can cause compatibility issues when importing with certain programs. If you're unable to import an OBJ file, make sure this option is off and export again.
    Se1gtlu.png?1