Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Telephone Exchange

RasmusBagner
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
RasmusBagner polycounter lvl 6
So im making this telephone exchange, still pretty boring to look at, really need to get some better light. But i dont really know where to "take" it to.
any help i greatly appreciate :)

rasmus-kristensen-highresscreenshot00001.jpg?1442065900

rasmus-kristensen-highresscreenshot00002.jpg?1442065902

rasmus-kristensen-highresscreenshot00003.jpg?1442065906

rasmus-kristensen-highresscreenshot00000.jpg?1442065896

Replies

• RasmusBagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update. new light texture and other stuff.
    HighresScreenshot00004.png
    HighresScreenshot00005.png
    HighresScreenshot00006.png
    HighresScreenshot00007.png
  • hmm_rock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
    You could always go the "abandoned" route. Eerie lighting and scattered papers/trash/ more damage/ more wires. Since women were mostly employed there, left behind handbags, scarves. Maybe crack or break down the doors and give it some eerie atmospheric fog creeping in. It's an interesting scene, I look forward to seeing more!
  • RasmusBagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah that´s the way it will be taken. Sounds like a really cool idea to ad handbags and scarves. :)
  • RasmusBagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • aaronmwolford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronmwolford polycounter lvl 8
    Now that you have a direction this has a lot of potential. Waiting to see more!
  • Kyle KR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyle KR polycounter lvl 7
    I think you should work a bit more on the material definition(gloss/metalness). At the moment everything seems a bit too uniform and flat. I get that its all dusty/abandoned but you can hardly make out where's metal and where's paint, wood, etc.
    That mic and headphones would look especially nice with a bit more love and definition.

I'd also like to see some more unique objects/furniture to break up the repeating monotony. Maybe an administrative table in the corner somewhere with the usual administrative table stuff on it: telephone, papers, stamp, stapler and then some more stacks of paper. They really loved it back then.

Could put some cardboard/office boxes with even more piling papers/telegrams in them on the tops of those exchange cabinet/table things.

Many more scattered papers on the ground and in the corners

Individual personal items on some of the exchange tables like what hmm_rock suggested, also some coffee cups, maybe some clothes hanged on few chairs.

Signs of life that once buzzed in there. ...and paper.

Its strange though, when you look at the old pictures they really seem to have kept their work place free of such personal clutter, or maybe they just cleaned it up for the picture day.
    In any way, yours might have had different circumstances and messy/busy people working with no time to care.

Have fun :poly129:
  • RasmusBagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah i will be adding some Hero objects. Toning the dust down a bit might be a good idea. I will hopefully be posting an update soon :)
    thanks for the feedback guys!
  • RasmusBagner