Home Technical Talk

uvw pelt map script (3ds max)?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
rino polycounter lvl 11
hey

i was wondering if there are any scripts out there that automate the process of expanding selection to seams, clicking on pelt, clicking on start pelt for each uv shell.

to explain it better:

i have this object,

ZMWMY7T.jpg

i define the seams,

QtKHthu.jpg

and then i have to select one part, click on pelt, click on start pelt, then relax it, over and over again.

aJ3RjDV.jpg

is there any kind of script out there to do this for me, for example instead of selecting one by one, can't i just select all and make the pelt repeat itself on every shell?

it would save huge amounts of time. i already have it all under shortcuts but still it's not fast enough.

Replies

• SsSandu_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SsSandu_C polycounter lvl 13
    What version do you have? From what I know max already has an expand face selection to seams. To get to that you have to be in uv polygon selection and under peel you will find it.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    SsSandu_C wrote: »
    What version do you have? From what I know max already has an expand face selection to seams. To get to that you have to be in uv polygon selection and under peel you will find it.

i understand that, i guess i'm terrible at explaining things. thing i was hoping for is a script out there that does the pelt mapping for you once you define seams and automates the process of pelt mapping for each uv shell. so you wouldn't have to grow selection to seams and hit pelt everytime for each individual shell.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    perna wrote: »
    Have you tried TexTools, by our very own renderhjs?

yes i have, but doesn't do what i'm looking for. TexTools' pelt is buggy at times, and you usually lose seams you create.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    never mind, it seems that you can select all and press pelt and it will pelt all your stuff.

sorry guys for wasting your time.

i'm very happy at the moment.