Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Game Chr Hero

This is the hi poly version of a game character I'm working on :poly122: for a Star trek like world. I want her to be beautiful while not game/anime over the top sexy (not b/c I'm opposed to that but for story/world purposes) Anyway I know that means a lot of fine tuning on the face, esp on the eyes. I keep looking at it think its better/good then see it again and think no no no more tweaks, like right now I think the between eye spacing is off, argh.

The Hi rez for promotion and for other images of her in game not obviously so much for the super low rez in game version she will eventually mostly be. Still learning a ton and tons more to learn. Everything still needs work as this is still early, still open to critiques and tips.
WIP_hero1.jpg

Replies

• Texelion
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Mmmmmh looks like a good start. The nose bridge is to wide between the eyes, maybe that's what gives you an off spacing feeling.

And the eyes-to-ears distance is a bit too big imo.

Ponytails ftw.
  • agentfx
    That is exactly the kind of help I need! Thanks! I agree with both notes. I didn't even think about the ear to ear distance.
  • agentfx
    ok here's the update
    WIP_Hero2.jpg
    The jacket is just me sketching and messing around with ideas. I'll basically completely re-do it.
    Right now I feel like she looks good front view but there is definitely something going on not quite right yet on the 3/4 view on the left.
  • agentfx
    Ok so I've gotten more feedback posting the first image to show a face I matched to/hinting at what it might look like with eyebrows and textured eyes
    WIP_hero3.jpg
    Saw a bunch of things I already knew I wanted to fix so I didn't post just that 2 days ago when it was made. Went on to more tweaking. Fixed the not bridge height, and soften the cheek bones. Also obviously worked on the outfit body.
    hero_WIP3a.jpg
    The body proportions are off from what I want, but I think I will tweak those on the game model... or not I guess we'll see. Its annoying to make big tweaks to the body b/c I'll lose details I painted in. Obviously why people don't do that, hah.
    hero_WIP3b.jpg

I should add I am aware the face still doesn't look "good" despite my best efforts. Argh. Just keep tryin'...
  • agentfx
    Ok back to basics I just posted that update, and sort of took time to reflect on what's wrong. To get there I used reference then tweaked fixes off it b/c just using reference it didn't look good. Well I went back to reference and saw a few huge areas I've drifted far from. Forehead was much too small and the front of the face got wider as I kept sculpting. Here's the update from reference fixes. Better.
    hero_WIP3c.jpg
  • agentfx
    Ok better and worse, hah. Now that the eyes are more defined I need to define what makes beautiful eyes. I'd love some critiques on this as I'm having trouble figuring out whats not right. Thanks
    WIP_hero4.jpg
  • C86G
    Offline / Send Message
    C86G greentooth
    Eyeballs are too big.
  • agentfx
    That helps, thanks. I reduced the eyeballs by 10%
    hero_WIP4b.jpg
  • fantom
    Be careful about areas around eyeballs. They are important. If they look incorrect they add tremendous damage to the face. Keep working it's getting better anyway.
    Cheers.
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    You are making awesome progress here man. The eyeballs are probably still too big and the eyelids would not go so far back on the side of the face. Besides that the face looks good and you just need to add some more definition . It just looks a little soft right now. Keep it up.
  • agentfx
    trying to get there... here's an update after a short break
    hero_WIP6.jpg