Home Technical Talk

zbrush edge sculpting bug

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Next polycounter lvl 12
hey guys!
I have a problem with zbrush, when trimming/sculpting certain edges on certain sides of my mesh. And it is annoying as hell! See screenshot. Tried to find stuff about this on the webs, but no luck. So i thought i should ask here if anybody knows about this too and maybe knows what the problem is.
thx in advance

btw it's not shaky hands or something along those lines :poly142:

cheers next

DHhni7M.png

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Does this happen with all brushes or just the clay brush? It could be that the clay brush isn't best suited for flattening out sharp corners. Have you tried TrimDynamic or other Trim type brushes?
  • a3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a3D
    The problem is the underlying base topology. Your brush is flattening correctlt where the edge flow goes in the same direction, but makes irregular shapes wherever the edge flow isn't oriented along the intended shape.
  • Next
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next polycounter lvl 12
    yes happens with all brushes.
    Maybe try this yourself, as a test use the standard zbrush cube dynamesh it. Trimming the edges on this one is fine, but then import a simple box from maya or 3ds max dynamesh it and all goes wrong.
    somehow this also always just happens to the sides which are on the negative side of the grid.
    If u simply subdiv the box without smooth on, everthing is working, but if you dynamesh, the problem occurs.

Certainly no problem with the topology, this should not cause this, especially when it is this dense.