Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Demon Girl Vi

goicaue
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
goicaue polycounter lvl 9
update:
Have not updated on this one for quite a while and since it is very close to the deadline now, I may just call this my final result.
It was really fun to work on this contest. And it is even more so to see all you talented artists presenting your awesome work. Good job everybody, and thanks for all the comments and feedback.

Beauty shot 1 & composition shot
beautyshot_low_1_by_gyc8965-d89fm3b.jpg

Beauty shot 2
beautyshot_low_2_by_gyc8965-d89fm2c.jpg

Hi poly shot
beautyshot_hi_by_gyc8965-d89fm12.jpg

construction shot - 6393 tris
construction_by_gyc8965-d89flzk.jpg

and sketchfab
[SKETCHFAB]493ba7a0e4f843fe8731a9a40af78128[/SKETCHFAB]
wip_05_by_gyc8965-d86bfbc.jpg
wip_06_by_gyc8965-d86bjq9.jpg

made a pedestal for her and got most of the details in. Any thoughts? feedback, please?

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, feedback and paint overs, especially @AimBiZ. It is very helpful and I'd love to take some direction you painted out. And no worries for pointing out things I missed or you simply do not like. In fact I really appreciate people yelling at me and this is how I learn. And @Bishop313, I do not know how tolerant the rule of existing concept is but it is basically too late at this point to work on another project. So if this design turns out to be invalid for the contest, I am still going to continue working on it purely as my portfolio piece and fanart.

Back to the update, I increased the saturation of the skin and desat-ed everything else to pop the body up. I still want to keep the purple-ish skin toon as a hint of the origin Vi design. Necklace removed because it turned out to be just noise in the in-game mockup. More details thrown in.
Will be out for two days and will keep up the update when I come back. Hope you enjoy it.

Quick update here.
wip_04_by_gyc8965-d85hpa2.jpg
mockup_01_by_gyc8965-d85hp7y.jpg

wip_03_by_gyc8965-d85fjru.jpg

Working on the texture now and here s a quick update.
It is not really presentable right now but it has been a while since last update. And I also want to see some feedback before it is too late. Thanks, everyone.

Playing around in Zbrush now. More feedback and critic, please? :)
wip_02_by_gyc8965-d841uhd.jpg

wow, totally did not expect all these. Thanks a lot for liking it. Here s some quick update and please forgive my sloppy painting. :P2014_10_19_hellgirl_vi_by_gyc8965-d83fukr.jpg

Maybe punch some hell out of it. :)
2014_10_15_hellgirl_vi_by_gyc8965-d832gij.jpg

Replies