Home Technical Talk

Scale issues between 3ds Max and CE3

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Gooner442 polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,

I cannot seem to get the scale right between 3ds Max and Cryengine 3, it’s getting right on my tits!..

In principle it’s simple, I’ve followed this link http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC3/Measurement+Reference http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC3/Measurement+Reference I understand in CE3 1 unit is equal to 1 metre. I have set up max units all sorts of ways, firstly cm in display and meters in system units, then had both as cm. When I export nodes and bring the model into a sample scene like ‘forest’ the object is tiny. I did a test and brought out a box from CE3 measuring 1 unit by 20 units. According to the link above that should be 1 metre x 20 metres. In 3ds Max it measures 1000cm x 200000cm, so in CE3 objects are 10 times the size as what I have in 3ds Max. i don't want to scale everything by 10 before bringing to CE3, that can't be the correct workflow.

Does anyone have some test scenes for the correct scale setups in both, or if you see what I am doing wrong please can you advise.

Cheers

Martin

Replies

• CollinBishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CollinBishop polycounter lvl 2
    Maybe you can post a sample file so we can see exactly what you are working with and debug on our end. Since many tings could be the issue and this will at the very least give you a working file we can post back up so you know one works that is identical to your setup.
  • sulky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sulky polycounter lvl 7
    I alway set my unit setup to centimeters when I work with cryengine so 100cm = 1m = unit. By the look of your mesures it seem to be millimeters... Maybe try to export a perfect 1mx1mx1m box to compare it in engine and make sure to reset xform or reset scale in max before exporting. Sometime the scaling cary over in cryengine and change your object.