Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Texture Artist for Hire (Base Textures)

https://youtu.be/HAOV--DuIxM

Hello Poly count,
My name is Nate and I've been dedicating my life to The Adventures of Comik. This project has been a dream of mine for the last 10 years and official development began early last year (albeit, various iterations have been developed long before). The Adventures of Comik is a 3D comedic physics-based platformer. It is designed to focus on the older generation of gamers who grew up on the 8 and 16-bit games of yesteryear. It takes the soul of these classic games and adapts them to a new generation of gamers, while keeping that nostalgic feel we've been missing.

The struggles of developing this game is trying to find the right person for this job. The unfortunate truth due to the nature of being an indie developed game is lack of funding. I do not expect anyone to work for free. Unfortunately, I need the help and cannot offer much more then requesting minimal amounts of work, on your own time and with the expectation that you will be paid based on the outcome of the KickStarter campaign. I'm not out to lie to you or make this seem like you're going to be set for like-- I'm asking for someone who is legitimately interested in this project, as I am, to have my back, as I would you, to turn this project into something amazing. It takes true effort to make this game possible, and only with your help can we make this dream come true.

I want to go into further detail about the job. I'm looking for a texture artist who is capable of creating high-quality hand painted textures. My goal is to create ONE level to share on KickStarter and nothing more. I want people to see why I am so passionate about this project and why this project is worth funding. If you're a passionate person who loves to draw and create worlds with a pen and paper-- Then you're the person I'm looking for. I understand and know how you feel and want to do anything in my power to make this project worth it to you. My ultimate goal is to successfully fund the project and hand each and every one of you checks for all your hard work-- But I cannot do it alone. I wish I could.

What is this job?

Creating a beautiful world through high-quality hand painted textures. You are not required to do anything else and will only work on your own time with no hassle. You will be responsible for finishing a short list of standard materials such as "Wood", "Metal", "Concrete", etc. with a short description to explain the type of situation these materials are in.

I am taking on the responsibility of programming as well as modeling all of the games assets and will use these base textures in the UV maps.

These textures will be 2*2 resolution textures no minimal then 256.

What is this game anyways?

The Adventures of Comik is a story about a science experiment designed and created as a living weapon. The creation failed to complete his test and calibration and was disposed of as another failed experiment.

The game is filled with fantastic voice acting and music and it's comedy is fourth-wall as well as scientific and silly.

I would love to explain the game to you in more detail over Skype, so please send me a message and ask! I'm usually always online! d4rksh4d0w90

Final Words

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post. There have been so many frustrations and disappointments in my search for a great artist. If you have any questions at all, please ask me. I don't want to lose you over miscommunication or a bad typo.

Thanks for everything. I cannot wait to hear from you!
- Nate