Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Looking for 3D Artists and Animators for Medieval Real-Time Strategy Game (RTS)

Hey everyone! :)

I'm currently developing a medieval RTS with Unreal Engine 4. I'm working on this for almost a year now, so quite some time and the game is already working pretty well. I have mostly only worked on getting the logic of the game done since I am no artist, so I don't have super fancy graphics to show to you (that's why I need you!) but let me show you some screenshots and videos:

Summer:

5b68302aeb.png

Same scene in winter in a strong snow storm:

4e2a2aa81a.png

The walls are fully destructible and modular, and here you can see some of the UI:

4423736ef6.png

I also have a short video which I originally created only to show some people how the transition between summer and winter looks, but it might be interesting, since I also show building placement, wall placement, camera movement etc:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-NN4v3vi0A[/ame]

If you wonder why the citizens don't start working in the buildings: I would first have to place a village center, without village center the citizens won't do anything, but since I only wanted to show the snow in the video I did not place it ;) The work cycle of the citizens actually fully works, they get resources from the storehouse (if they need multiple resources like for example coal and iron ore they actually walk multiple times between storehouse and their building), work in their buildings, deliver the produced product into the storehouse and start again. The farmer plants wheat on the farm, the wheat grows and once it's ready the farmer is harvesting it and delivering it into the storehouse, a woodcutter is searching for trees, cutting them down, delivering the wood to his hut and finally delivers it to the storehouse. I also have a fisher who is going to the next lake and fishes there. So the logic of the game actually works quite well as I said.

I have also created a short video where you see the fighting system, for better overview in an ugly test environment:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnUInfY5dEQ[/ame]

I am planning to release the game on Steam once it's ready, and I will pay you after it's on steam. So if you are a 3D Artist, accepting the possibility of getting paid not immediately or just searching for a nice way to update your portfolio or wanting to see yourself in the credits of a game, able to create 3D meshes and texture them in the regular PBR workflow and you are interested in helping me with this project, please contact me! :)

The style of the game is slightly stylized but mostly realistic, as you might see in the screenshots. You should be able to create "cozy" looking buildings which don't look too boring, if you can create hand painted textures that might be the best, but it's not mandatory.

The most important assets for me are buildings, but if you are a character artist, that's great too! The units in my game are modular, so the player can put together it own unit out of different armor parts on head, chest, arms and legs, and of course this influences the behavior of the unit in the game.

Also, I need one UI artist who can create UI graphics in a nice medieval style, so if you can do this you will probably fit into the team! Also, I need animations for the citizens, like cutting a tree, harvesting plants etc. So all animators who are interested, feel tree to contact me :-)

So if you are interested, send me a private message, if possible with showing some of your awesome previous work :)

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Replies