Home Dota 2

Bone Help

Hello, I am been trying to create dota items, however I am somehow stuck at the parenting and binding to the spot correctly. I followed tutorial video step by step, but when previewed in game, the weapon is not at the correct spot as intended. Is there anything that I did wrong? I am pretty confused now...

1: I have my weapon and its pivot point at 0 coordinate X,Y,Z
2: after that I attach it at the sword bone
3: When previewed in game, the sword is not at the correct place

Replies

• Mark.N
    Did you reset your items pivot to the origin, lock it's transforms and clear it's history before binding it to the bone?

The best thing to do in my opinion, load in his default weapon and position your item in the exact same spot/orientation before resetting the pivot to 0,0,0 and then bind to the bone.

Someone with more experience with Blender? will know a bit more, but this is how the fix would work with Max/Maya.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    I was having this problem because of the unit difference between Maya and Max. I'm not sure if it's different between Maya and Blender in the same way though. Apparently you can just change the units your program uses and it may fix it but I fixed it by simply exporting to SMD instead of FBX so I don't have to keep switching units between projects.