Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ZBrush - Male Anatomy

Jordz
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Jordz polycounter lvl 8
As part of my uni project I have been studying the human anatomy and sculpting it in ZBrush.

Heres my progress:
VSEljxM.jpg
GGGOgHC.jpg
OEIsTRU.jpg

The hands, feet and the head still need to be done.
Feedback will be welcome.

Replies

• Jordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordz polycounter lvl 8
    I started working on the Hands separately:
    jYyeI6L.jpg
    nrQfTv1.jpg
  • andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andreygheorghe polycounter lvl 9
    I'm not the best anatomy artist around here,but your work looks pretty good,I like in special the proportion.I think you should study more muscles insertion and origins and the bony marks of the body.In special at the back render it's obvious that some forms are pretty random.You should start sculpting by marking your bones,and buildup around them,one of the best teachers of human anatomy in 3d is Scott Eaton,you should check it out.
    I've attached you a paint over,but,like I said,I'm learning myself anatomy,so it's more like a guide than a must. :)
  • Jordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordz polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for your feedback andreygheorghe, I have been working on the back:
    2FhOYhO.jpg
    bl6t8td.jpg
  • Jordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordz polycounter lvl 8
    Ive tried to sculpt the head:
    atvXOkr.jpg
    ZOYvefF.jpg
    1C8eClp.jpg

I feel like theres something not right with it.
  • VanLogan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VanLogan polycounter lvl 6
    One thing that jumps out to me is that the neck muscles are not right. The most visible one should be the sternocleidomastoid, which attaches behind the ear and the pit of the neck. Your's looks like it is straying to the back of the neck instead of behind the ear. Muscle_%C3%A9l%C3%A9vateur_de_la_scapula.png

Also if you are looking for anatomy books, Paul Richer's or Goldfingers are my two favorites.

Best of luck.
  • Jordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordz polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for your feedback VanLogan, im glad you managed to point it out, because I just couldn't put my finger on it.
    I've made adjustments by trying to correct the sternocleidomastoid. I have also tried to indent the scalene muscles to give defonition to where the trapezius muscle comes onto the shoulder area.
    C1lqSxQ.jpg
    fhfIamI.jpg
    pXpq9zk.jpg
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    you are moving too fast on subdividing the model, study anatomy using real life references and work on the lower levels to achieve correct volumes , id say subd level 0 and 1 are the most important stages of any sculpt.
  • Jordz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordz polycounter lvl 8
    Havent posted in awhile but heres an update:
    teqSizf.jpg
    XtENGWZ.jpg
    ZjGuZ2s.jpg
    IFZFY2t.jpg
    Z8joYqi.jpg
    Still need to do the feet. Ive used a diffrent base mesh for the head and changed the shape trying to get it right in the lower sub divisions.
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
    I think the bum looks a bit short which is kind of throwing of his whole appearance to me. I also think the looks a little wide around the waist

Just to show you what I mean, still not right but just to give you an idea, his torso might be a little long though in this vvvv

LZ1Txzo.jpg

Also some minor changes that I think help out, Made his shoulders slightly smaller and pulled his waist in a little as well as adding some mass to his forearms

mN7Btu9.jpg

Also his calves look really high up, a few small fixes but I think he's looking okay :)