Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Treadhead and 3d Artist Wanted for RTS prototype!

ambershee
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ambershee polycounter lvl 17
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a Treadhead-come-Artist to assist me with a game prototype that is to be developed in a relatively short time span.

The game itself is a strategy game that revolves around micromanagement of factories which produce automated combat units in waves; it's a tug-of-war / attrition style game that is somewhat different to a conventional RTS.

The artist is required to build a number of static meshes and a couple of skeletal meshes with simple animation and rigging. There are between 25 and 30 total assets, which are used in a modular fashion to construct the in-game units themselves. There are nine static structures, six vehicle chassis and eight turret / upgrade configurations presently penned into the document, and this is unlikely to change in any significant way. The smallest units should aim for approximately ~3-400 triangles total with multiple texture maps each not exceeding 256x256 (tracks, body, turret), with larger units using more triangles and increased texture resolution as appropriate - we will discuss budgets. Note that the visual style of the objects should be clean, but busy and that there is no concept art for the project, although references can be collected upon request.

The objective is to handle a small funding campaign, with a view to further development or otherwise finalisation of the product.

Contact me at ambershee[AT]gmail.com for more details, and feel free to ask questions.

Thanks!

Luke

Replies