Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    Chaemirix polycounter lvl 10
    marul wrote: »
    Nice change with the shoulderpads and the katanas, I like it. I would suggest working a bit more on the shoulderpad textures to get a better fitting pattern and maybe try some color variations with the chest-wrap-thing ;)

Aye, I'll start doodling some different shoulder ideas today. Most of juggernaut's icons are red squares with swirls cut into them.

As for the wraps, what do you suggest? I think anything but the white didn't stand out as much as it should have, and it really helps exaggerate his core model.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Looks like everyone on polycount is getting an item in today! Cheers all around! haha
  • Alghazanth
    In the Fields of Endless Carnage, far to the south of Quoidge, a corpulent figure works tirelessly through the night--dismembering, disemboweling, piling up the limbs and viscera of the fallen that the battlefield might be clear by dawn.In this cursed realm, nothing can decay or decompose; no corpse may ever return to the earth from which it sprang, no matter how deep you dig the grave. Flocked by carrion birds who need him to cut their meals into beak-sized chunks, Pudge the Butcher hones his skills with blades that grow sharper the longer he uses them. Swish, swish, thunk. Flesh falls from the bone; tendons and ligaments part like wet paper. And while he always had a taste for the butchery, over the ages, Pudge has developed a taste for its byproduct as well. Starting with a gobbet of muscle here, a sip of blood there...before long he was thrusting his jaws deep into the toughest of torsos, like a dog gnawing at rags. Even those who are beyond fearing the Reaper, fear the Butcher.

Hello everyone, I'd like to post the idea I have for a Pudge cosmetic that I've been thinking about for a while now. The main reason I'm posting this is because I'm not that great with 3d modelling programs. I hope it inspires someone to make it because I'd like to see it in game.

To get started here is the text I am basing it on from Pudge's Lore:

In this cursed realm, nothing can decay or decompose; no corpse may ever return to the earth from which it sprang, no matter how deep you dig the grave. Flocked by carrion birds who need him to cut their meals into beak-sized chunks, Pudge the Butcher hones his skills with blades that grow sharper the longer he uses them.

In my opinion the Fields of Endless Carnage seems like a lonely place,and it is only logical to assume that Pudge developed a mutual friendship with the carrion birds of the land. They find him freshly slain bodies,and he dismembers the remains for them to eat..a mutually beneficial relationship. Overtime Pudge became attached to one specific carrion bird that followed him everywhere he went and so Pudge named him Putre.

09212011_Picture_Black_Vulture_Portrait_Large_Belize.jpg

I was thinking of this cosmetic being a legendary or mythical level item for Pudge mainly because of the various animations that could go along with it .Putre could either be perched on either of Pudge's shoulders or along the middle of his neck/back area:

Pudge_Putre_Locations.jpg
    gd4ywlg0f

(To note all these animations are just ideas I was thinking of none of them are "required" it is up to whoever makes it to decide what goes with it)

During Putre's idle animations(while Pudge is just walking around or auto attacking enemies) he could look around left and right, flap his wings, or peck at some of Pudge's decaying flesh. I was also thinking of various animations that could be utilized while Pudge's performs specific abilities( when Pudge uses rot Putre takes to the air and encircles Pudge's rot radius because he can smell when a fresh meal is nearby). In addition when Pudge uses Dismember, Putre will lunge at the the dismembered target pecking and ripping his talons into it for the duration. Upon a successful hook of a enemy hero, Putre could make loud carrion bird noises as the target is pulled toward Pudge:

http://sounds.bl.uk/Environment/Brit...0001375-1200V0

I hope someone will find it interesting enough to pursue as a full Pudge cosmetic item. If anyone chooses to develop this cosmetic I would appreciate it if you would mention me as a reference or just helped formed the idea!:)
  • marul
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Chaemirix wrote: »
    Aye, I'll start doodling some different shoulder ideas today. Most of juggernaut's icons are red squares with swirls cut into them.

As for the wraps, what do you suggest? I think anything but the white didn't stand out as much as it should have, and it really helps exaggerate his core model.

Tried something darker, removed the belt. Just experiment, you'll find the thing you like.
    rk0xb3z.jpg
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Tried something darker, removed the belt. Just experiment, you'll find the thing you like.
    rk0xb3z.jpg
    I think you should go with more flat colors, also there's bunch of skinning errors under his biceps
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    rk0xb3z.jpg

Tried a few different colors; Lighter colors seems to be the most friendly to his base color. It's in the natural color scheme with his pants and mask. It helps something so simple stand out.

The "ab" wraps really give it some personality rather than a simple wrap around the shoulder. If I were to do just the wrap around his shoulder I'd probably add a whole new key component and leave that as an undertone.

I think I could darken down the color a bit and make sure it doesn't shine so much, but the base color seems to work well if I'm just keeping the wraps.

@vlad Yeah I noticed, doing some patching up. The biggest problem I'm having is skinning in such a way that both the Odachi and the normal stance work. The Odachi positions are bizarre when you look at them up close.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    When are they gonna break up Enigma. Jeeeze
  • Erik Rönnblom
    our tide ward is in the schema! yaaay!

conceptifying a chaos knight set with vlad

1YNpb

This already looks like it's got tonnes of potential! I'd want this ingame :thumbup:
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats to everyone who had items accepted! good times :).
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    My life is complete.

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Congratulation to everyone! This has been one hell of a patch!
  • HntrLuc
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Wow lots of stuff got in! Congrats everyone!

Nice job Bronto!

Bisho Bola is killing it too! two sets holycrap!
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    That Cluckles store banner is so epic!
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man I didn't even realize my Sword and Shield made it in until a friend hit me up.
    Guess it's a drop only. Fine by me though.

yjfCS3H.png
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    No, dude it's in the Forbidden Lotus chest :D
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    No, dude it's in the Forbidden Lotus chest :D

Oh snap really? I didn't even see it on the loot lists or anything.
    I guess that's why the Dev hit me up yesterday to touch it up.
    That's sick.
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    SirenCrabTXT.jpg

Okay... Did some polypainting. It's amazing what you'll make time for if you really want to do something. I'll probably have to do some considerable painting on the textures once they're baked...

I'm beginning to wonder if the crab is too large...
  • Jackson31
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    Feedback pliz! faerie_courier5.jpg

faerie_dragon_courier6.jpg

EDIT: I don't want to move on to animating if people don't think this will make it on the workshop how it is
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    Self-mades should come through tomorrow, the system needs some revision, in my opinion.
  • BluPanda
    oh crap im blind, for some reason i tought this thread was for contest entry only then I came and checked it out and saw wips of half the new sets out today! nice job guys!

Here is my first set for dota, I'm actually working on a staff now to update this with, make it feel a bit more complete, lots of comments asking for more peices soo gotta deliver, hopefully by monday ill have an update for the entry.

Oh also not sure if anyone in here made the new death prophet set but i picked that up for a friend today sooo. enjoy my money! don't spend it all on keys! =)

my current collection

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=125213539

tumblr_mhqnrrPplo1rrhvc0o2_1280.jpg
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    cool stuff you've got there blu panda
  • tanka
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    Getting back into the item making game.. I'm working on a head piece for batrider (there's not much batrider love)

batridersculpt.jpg
  • -Em'-
    Offline / Send Message
    -Em'- polycounter lvl 8
    DashXero wrote: »
    SirenCrabTXT.jpg

Okay... Did some polypainting. It's amazing what you'll make time for if you really want to do something. I'll probably have to do some considerable painting on the textures once they're baked...

I'm beginning to wonder if the crab is too large...

This is just insane ! :poly142::poly142:
    I'm ready to buy this shit now ... The crab is a bit large but IMO, you should'nt modify it.

Maybe can you show us some "real ingame camera from top" ?
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Made a hook to match the hacker offhand, and thinking about moving with an entire set.

339AA185803EA74794FBC7208552DB307DE8366F
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    -Em'- wrote: »
    This is just insane ! :poly142::poly142:
    I'm ready to buy this shit now ... The crab is a bit large but IMO, you should'nt modify it.

Maybe can you show us some "real ingame camera from top" ?

SirenCrabGameCheck.jpg

Thanks, Em.

Rough approximation of in-game size, I think. Well, I gotta hit the hay...
  • Gareth_Thomas
    Low poly for the centaur set I'm working on:
    F8XPG0C.jpg
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Congrats on everyone that got their items ingame, I'm still waiting to get my first item ingame :s Its going to be time Valve!

Here's an update on the Tiny concept I made, still need to work on the leaves, only used one size which makes the leaves a bit to small for the smaller Tiny models. Also the green color need to be changed a bit.

Together the models have a tricount of less then 1000 tri's, whith a max of 300 tri's for the larger one. They also share one texture so maybe Valve would conisder something like this.

CBf9AZ9.jpg
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 wrote: »
    Congrats on everyone that got their items ingame, I'm still waiting to get my first item ingame :s Its going to be time Valve!

Here's an update on the Tiny concept I made, still need to work on the leaves, only used one size which makes the leaves a bit to small for the smaller Tiny models. Also the green color need to be changed a bit.

Together the models have a tricount of less then 1000 tri's, whith a max of 300 tri's for the larger one. They also share one texture so maybe Valve would conisder something like this.

CBf9AZ9.jpg

Have you thought about trying to add some vines or other foliage so there's more than just the sapling/tree?

Also it might just be me and my colorblindness but that bark and leaves color hurt my eyes together, have you though of toning down the bark to a darker or different color?
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    Robin Walker: "We're looking into the per-wearable cloth sim. Should be do-able."
  • Paskie
    I was going to polish the textures on my CK items that i had submitted a long time ago since it was the first items i made. Sadly i could not use ingame compiler that i had used before. Seems like they took away that option to enable the heroes in the scripts somehow. Good news is that i found the budget on his items. I'm guessing he'll turn up in the requirements any day now.

"0"
    {
    "SlotIndex" "0"
    "SlotName" "weapon"
    "SlotText" "#LoadoutSlot_Weapon"
    "TextureWidth" "256"
    "TextureHeight" "256"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD0" "650"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD1" "300"
    }
    "1"
    {
    "SlotIndex" "1"
    "SlotName" "offhand_weapon"
    "SlotText" "#LoadoutSlot_OffHand"
    "TextureWidth" "256"
    "TextureHeight" "256"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD0" "400"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD1" "250"
    }
    "2"
    {
    "SlotIndex" "2"
    "SlotName" "head"
    "SlotText" "#LoadoutSlot_Head"
    "TextureWidth" "256"
    "TextureHeight" "256"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD0" "550"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD1" "300"
    }
    "3"
    {
    "SlotIndex" "3"
    "SlotName" "shoulder"
    "SlotText" "#LoadoutSlot_Shoulder"
    "TextureWidth" "256"
    "TextureHeight" "256"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD0" "600"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD1" "300"
    }
    "4"
    {
    "SlotIndex" "4"
    "SlotName" "mount"
    "SlotText" "#LoadoutSlot_Mount"
    "TextureWidth" "512"
    "TextureHeight" "256"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD0" "3000"
    "MaxPolygonsLOD1" "2000"

Making another weapon for him with the same theme as the shield that i made.

T1ueIw9.png
  • Starcofski
    Robin Walker: "We're looking into the per-wearable cloth sim. Should be do-able."

Keep us posted Vlad; if they can enable it I might bother to update/improve my polycount entry more.

That and suddenly we'd see a lot more ideas being made
  • Kramolnik
    double post after day (deleted)
  • Kramolnik
    double post after day (deleted)
  • K-PAX
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX polycounter lvl 7
    i am working on a new TA set.what are you think guys? any suggestion ? btw congratulate all guys that getting an item in rencent update.today is chinese new year. best regards for everyoneUntitled-2.jpg
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Always love seeing more TA sets, if I can't get mine in game I can only hope others can!

I can't see anything wrong with that set, in fact, I really like it. The only feedback I could give is maybe it could use a more central "theme" or idea, something to tie it together. You've got a crescent-moon looking thing on the end of her sleeve-thing, maybe incorporate the moon design through the other items a bit more? Other than that, I love it, please finish it!
  • Kramolnik
    My third job. In this case I put the brewmaster to set bard of drunken dragon. I want to draw attention to how to make a lute, glittering strings and thresholds. (link)

69d51321538e855fad29f1e21fbf06d9.jpg

Soon I'll get to Phantom Assassin and Horse for Abaddon (link)
  • Mr. Toodles
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr. Toodles polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys! finally found time to take a break from 2D and started this yesterday

sniperssniperhah_zpsf027e478.jpg
  • Mr. Toodles
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr. Toodles polycounter lvl 11
  • crazyone
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyone polycounter lvl 5
    204Qd.jpg
    made something simple for slark to relax from mirana set
  • Redheadkitten
    Hi guys, thought I'd try my hand at making a set.

Presenting: Yurei Death Prophet
    deathprophetredesign.jpg

(She'll have hair in the final version, don't worry)

I've never worked with any of Valve's stuff, so getting everything formatted correctly is going to be...interesting. As will be skinning. Thankfully I've picked up some stuff from reading through the thread.

Anyway, hope you guys like, and feedback is welcome of course :)
  • fICHTARRR
    Hi, I'm currently working on an Alchemist set, which is inspired by a wild west snake oil salesman.
    I went for a triad color scheme based on the ogre's yellowish tone and I'm still not able to figure out, if I like or hate the colors.
    RlYlWyY.jpg
  • Pundt
    Hey Guys, I am finally getting around to finishing up my first set. I figured Natures Prophet needed a crown to go with that smug look on his face. Still have some adjustments to make and would like to hear any comments or feedback on it. 2jw3HSS.jpg
    2jw3HSS
  • Velaxa
    Q: Why Valve dont add more items from workshop?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=78673667&searchtext=
    This set is one of my favorite from workshop, and they make stupid sets like the obsidan blade (huskar).
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd love some help with my juggernaut wraps from someone more experienced.

My current rigging works well in his default positions:
    Vgh7u0b.pngwVfSMKx.png
    etc.

But I have giant problems when he enters his "Odachi" stance. This stance looks bizarre up close and I'm not even sure if the bones being moved have enough influence to cover what they're suppose to move.

7zNJeYX.png
    NgMOWMl.png

Currently this is his bone tree:
    tjkbvTA.png

I'm binding the wraps to spine1, spine2, and spine3. Neck doesn't seem to make a large difference across most animations, and Clavicle L seems to cause more problems than it helps, same with his bicep.

Am I messing something simple up? Should I try to make his wraps larger to account for the margin of error Odachi causes? Much different bones rigging?
  • Pierate
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    crazyone: I like it a lot, looks really cool.

Bounty_Concept_01.jpg
    Something I've been working a bit on, the plan is a full set for bounty hunter (possibly minus the backpack) But I'd like to know if there's possibly any other sort of goggles headgear for him already? Either way, do you guys think it's worth going with, or should I think of something else?

Keep it up everyone.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    asf.jpg

In something completely unrelated to cosmetics, since valve has implemented team matchmaking I've gone ahead and created "Team Polycount". Right now its just me and T_Vidotto, but if anyone other fellow dota players are interested let me know. :)
  • marul
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Chaemirix wrote: »
    I'd love some help with my juggernaut wraps from someone more experienced.

My current rigging works well in his default positions:
    Vgh7u0b.pngwVfSMKx.png
    etc.

But I have giant problems when he enters his "Odachi" stance. This stance looks bizarre up close and I'm not even sure if the bones being moved have enough influence to cover what they're suppose to move.

7zNJeYX.png
    NgMOWMl.png

Currently this is his bone tree:
    tjkbvTA.png

I'm binding the wraps to spine1, spine2, and spine3. Neck doesn't seem to make a large difference across most animations, and Clavicle L seems to cause more problems than it helps, same with his bicep.

Am I messing something simple up? Should I try to make his wraps larger to account for the margin of error Odachi causes? Much different bones rigging?

Always paint the vertices with some animation (I use idle and run animations most). I don't know what software you're using but in 3ds max there is a modifier called "Skin wrap" that lets you copy vertex weights from one model to another, you can use something like that to copy the weights from Juggernaut's torso model. If that sounds like too much work, you can check the values of the torso and use the same values for your model around the shoulder (by hand of course).
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    asf.jpg

In something completely unrelated to cosmetics, since valve has implemented team matchmaking I've gone ahead and created "Team Polycount". Right now its just me and T_Vidotto, but if anyone other fellow dota players are interested let me know. :)

Let me in! let me in! :D
  • Chaemirix
    Offline / Send Message
    Always paint the vertices with some animation (I use idle and run animations most). I don't know what software you're using but in 3ds max there is a modifier called "Skin wrap" that lets you copy vertex weights from one model to another, you can use something like that to copy the weights from Juggernaut's torso model. If that sounds like too much work, you can check the values of the torso and use the same values for your model around the shoulder (by hand of course).

Thanks I'll look into that.
  • Pierate
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    Actually, I wouldn't mind getting in on the PC Team action as I usually play alone 75% of the time and that's just not fun most of the time.
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    to create a set it needs to have 3 items minimun right?

and I have to submit each item individually right?

I am working on a set for death prophet that will consist in 3 parts,do 3 parts set has ever been accepted?

and what if I suddenly decide to add another item to that set? would I be able to do that?