Home General Discussion

360 repair

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
anyone sent in their xbox360 for repair? and how long it usually takes? I heard horror stories about 6 weeks, and not being fixed and shipping the system back. Thinking it maybe easier to buy a core system to get a new 360, since mine is 2 years old.

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Mine was a breeze. Sent it in, 3 weeks later or less got a new one back. Then, a few months after that my refund check for the repair.
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I've had to send it in twice. 2 or 3 weeks each time. BUT I also had to send my power supply in for repair. That took about 3 monthes for it to be sent back.
  • JordanW
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    I'm on my 4th xbox from Microsoft and currently waiting for mine back, it's on average 4-5 weeks for me.
  • danr
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    mine's still in the box in a corner, waiting for me to be bothered enough to phone up. I'd probably have had it repaired 3 times over in that time. I'm so fucking slack
  • Ott
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I JUST got mine back a few days ago. Personally I had no problems whatsoever. I didn't even talk to anyone or have to answer any interview questions (I heard a lot of horror stories about the phone calls too).

All I did was go online to the XBox site, give them my information and serial number, and fill out a 500 word essay about what was wrong with my box. A couple days later I got the package, mailed it off, and they sent me a brand new one.

I'm fairly certain it has the new chip in it too. It's 3 times quieter than my old one....and it came off the factory line 3 weeks ago smile.gif

My experience was flawless. Overall time took about 3 weeks.

My advice? Stay off the phone, use the website and you shouldn't have any issues.
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    danr.. you are aware you can do the whole process online now through the support page on xbox.com?

I sent mine in and got a new one (I believe) back with a 1 month Live pass within ~2 weeks. It took longer for the box to show up than it did for the 360 to get returned to me. laugh.gif
  • EarthQuake
    I got mine back in 2-3 weeks. I talked to some lady on the phone, it was super easy. All you antisocial dorks afraid of talking on the phone, lol wtfux.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    All you antisocial dorks afraid of talking on the phone, lol wtfux.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just annoying speaking to foreign script reading tech support who can't troubleshoot out of a yes/no checklist.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Usually two weeks or less after you ship it out, but getting them to mail you a box to ship it in is a nightmare. They have a tendency to lose your order, or just take four weeks to send it.
  • EarthQuake
    [ QUOTE ]
    Usually two weeks or less after you ship it out, but getting them to mail you a box to ship it in is a nightmare. They have a tendency to lose your order, or just take four weeks to send it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my box in about a week, maybe even less.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Not yet over here...but I'd definitely go through the process online.
  • Ott
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    All you antisocial dorks afraid of talking on the phone, lol wtfux.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just annoying speaking to foreign script reading tech support who can't troubleshoot out of a yes/no checklist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you go online, talk to your coworkers, (or watch youtube) you can hear plenty of horror stories about the incompetence of the phone tech support. Some of my friends felt like they were being interrogated and had to go through the bullshit of "First, turn the power on....what happened?" shit that I want no part of.

Not only that, but some people I know had to wait 30-60 minutes to finally have the thing finished over the phone, or had to request to speak to a higher tier because the fool on the phone didn't know his head from his ass.

Filling out the paperwork online took me less than 10 minutes and I didn't have waste my time talking to some buffoon half a planet away making $3.50 an hour.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    wow i'm only on my second console and thats because i traded one in at best buy last january because i had a few disc read errors and it froze a few times and once and a while would get the 3 red lights.

I'm gonna actually bring my current one in soon because the drive bay gets stuck and wont open and it will lock up on occasion so once I do I will also have the newer consoles with hdmi and the newer chips. smile.gif

I would also avoid the phone at all costs. FUCK THAT.
  • Lee3dee
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i called last week, still haven't received the box to send it get repaired even though the repair place is in TX. Gonna try online repair tonight. Why does this happen when so many good games are out!
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    So you will buy new and updated 360s...
  • Ryno
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    3 weeks, now have a new console.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I bypassed most of the phone conversation:

"my xbox is broken"

"Ah, can you try.."

*INTERRUPT*"I've tried it all, I took it into my IT department, they ran the tests. It's bust"

"Where do you work?"

*INSERT GAMES COMPANY NAME*

*ENGAGE BYPASS*

They all break.

EDIT: Oh, about 5-6 days from post to return. Most people I know who post from work have had the same response, plus 1 month XBL refund.

Still shitty hardware failure rates though.
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Gears of War bricked my launch console, and it took me three months of calling, hours and hours of my time, to get it back. When I finally had it connected again, my console told me it had been 100 days since I was last online.

I'm pretty sure when Gears launched, and the holiday season to follow, would have been one of the worst times for their call center ever. They gave me Kameo as compensation for my time...
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Well I sent mine off about 4 weeks ago and I had to find my own box to pack it in. I hope I'm compensated for my xbox live time. Sounds like they do things a bit differently here in Australia, so who knows? I hope I get it back for the holidays frown.gif