Offline / Send Message
rodrigotrovao polycounter lvl 9

Replies

• oskarkeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oskarkeo polycounter lvl 10
    When its ready.

Quixel got some heat recently from a string of optimistic, but unrealistic etas, due to dev issues and some unexpected sand sounding personal issues for teaammembers.

As of now, they're not giving release dates, just badgering away in dev to get something they're happy with.

Last eta was around start of may for megascans (not quixel 1.9, but they're next product ship date). I'd give it till July before they could realistically get an internal handle on how dev is going, on both suite and megascans.
  • rodrigotrovao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rodrigotrovao polycounter lvl 9
    ok, thanks a lot for answering.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI!

Just as oskarkeo said, we won´t be giving out dates anymore. The focus right now is Megascans, but DDO is still being worked on during this time. When Megascans is out the door. more and more focus will be shifted toward DDO and The SUITE!
  • loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    no more dates? Best news i'v heard from you guys as of yet!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 - hopefully that can be topped in the future.
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    loggie24 - hopefully that can be topped in the future.

Like focus is going to be on the suite first to get it stable, then megascans?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like when next version of the suite comes out with 3d painting and no stability issues. Then I can just lay my feet up on the desk and sleep through my work day.
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    Well Quixel Suite is a great project and it have a big feature. So in my opinion we can wait a bit more for more stable software. I believe its very complicated to make it stable and usable for all circumstances because of Photoshop problems him self and its plugin support.

Unfortunately Allegorithmic Substance on its current stage is far more superior in all functions. But it have awful Photoshop support for not such a good price.
    I hope in some stage of development Quixel will be ready to produce a standalone version wich will make big leap forward.

So Quixel Team I believe in your project like many people in that forum :)
  • sgtkoolaid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
    well I will be steadily waiting until then. 1.8 so far serves my needs for the work I do. but it would be awesome to get 1.9 along with megascans including the associated improvements/stability with 1.9. keep working hard guys. great software, despite the hiccups along the way. I have already made great work using it. :) Wish I could show you, but those NDA's ya know :p