Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Pollen

Hi! This is my first try in something like this.

Z3QMc8.jpg

DKchRn.jpg

Replies

• EVIL
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Are these finished concept? Since I had the idea that you had to create a thread and record progress during the creation of the pieces.

Looks great btw, I really like a more colourful environment, another minor crit, during one of the live streams they mention that colours like pure red should be avoided since it will clash with the UI and things like the red warning elements on screen that show at which side you receive damage.
  • TOROYD
    Yes, its finished. I found this contest just 2 days ago, so I done my 2 proposals in one day.

You critics are welcome. I didnt knew that I must avoid red colour (actually is not red, its just a very warm pink). The funny thing is that at the begining the flowers were purple, but I changed them to "red" to achieve a more intense look to the flowers and make them more threatening. With the purple colour the feeling was of a non dangerous garden.
  • FirebornForm
    I haven't heard of the "avoid red" direction either but my feedback would be try to add some atmospheric depth, visually this is all on the same sort of plane and it gets really busy. I would either darken the flowers up a little or darken the red guy standing on it, because it's REALLY hard to see him, he's almost camouflaged