Home General Discussion

"AAA" launches

Not a single thread about how COD, Halo MCC, Assassins Creed Untiy shipping with broken features ?

Maybe this is an art forum, but what does it say when ever major Fall release launches with broke games? Maybe we're an older crowd. It's mostly online MP, but what's driving this? I can't remember a 2 week launch period with this many problems.

What's the solution ? Open betas? Single player launches with rolling MP?

Megaton of great art here. Is it just launch week server load? Were Xbone/PS4 hacked??

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    If you've ever seen first hand what problems engineers have to deal with you'd be amazed anything works at all. Thankfully they can just launch and patch now otherwise release times would be pushed back months and years to be more bug free.

honestly, the buyers should not subsidise a development, unless they know it before. If a game isn't ready to get shipped, maybe one should not ship it. obviously depends on the kind of bugs which are still open. And often times there are some bugs the QA and developers never found. But some of the games which have been released should have been pushed back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    A few bugs are usually inevitable - they slip through, or due to time constraints, they are considered too minor to fix in the face of more serious issues.

The 'ship now, patch later' mentality has been around for a while now, but I do feel that it has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY worse in the past year or two, likely because next-generation consoles have changed the way patching is handled to make it easier. We're not seeing small issues that affect a minority of users any more, we're seeing big glaring issues that often affect everyone, and we're seeing months of patching after release.

If your product needs regular patching after release, or has to ship with half the content missing and patch it in later it is not finished. Delay that game, because you're not doing it, or the players any favours - it's not like it doesn't cost money to fix a game post-release.
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    keep in mind that modern games are so much more complex than games before. There are dozens of layers upon layers upon layers of 3rd party code. From the OS, the video drivers (nVidia, ATI), the 3D API (DX11, OpenGL, etc.), the engine (Unreal, Frostbite, etc), the middle-ware(s) (e.g. Scaleform, FaceFX, etc.) and the actual game on top of it all.

Now think back at your "good-old-game" in the MS DOS days that never needed a patch. There was MS DOS, maybe an engine (e.g. Scumm) and the game on top.
  • Goeddy
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    Kwramm wrote: »
    keep in mind that modern games are so much more complex than games before. There are dozens of layers upon layers upon layers of 3rd party code. From the OS, the video drivers (nVidia, ATI), the 3D API (DX11, OpenGL, etc.), the engine (Unreal, Frostbite, etc), the middle-ware(s) (e.g. Scaleform, FaceFX, etc.) and the actual game on top of it all.

Now think back at your "good-old-game" in the MS DOS days that never needed a patch. There was MS DOS, maybe an engine (e.g. Scumm) and the game on top.

yeah this, often unforseen things happen, like 3rd or firstparty driver or softwareupdates that can rip new holes into your code.

as a pc gamer i am glad i even get PC ports

honestly today is not even that bad, try playing gothic 3 without patches and enjoy your good old times.
  • TAN
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    I really think it is because Upper "Business" people pushing engineers, artists etc into unreasonable goals into unreasonable deadlines. This is because players satrted to to kinda "accept" this kind of "broken AAA" trend.

Obligatory:

http://kotaku.com/new-video-games-shouldnt-be-so-broken-1658570535

Obligatory 2:

acu-640x400.png
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    TAN wrote: »
    I really think it is because Upper "Business" people pushing engineers, artists etc into unreasonable goals into unreasonable deadlines. This is because players satrted to to kinda "accept" this kind of "broken AAA" trend.

Yeah, this is the root cause in many cases. Personally, I don't get why consumers just accept it and carry on.

If you bought a book that had a load of pages missing, you'd take it back.
    You'd never accept a car without brakes.
    If you ordered a pepperoni pizza, you wouldn't accept opening the box to find a plain pizza, then being told the pepperoni will arrive two hours after you received it.

All of those things are 'functional', but they have fundamental issues and you wouldn't accept them - so why is it reasonable to accept games in a broken state? People love the hell out of Fallout 3 as an example, but the game was (and still is) so utterly broken out of the box that it's barely playable?
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator

acu-640x400.png

Feck me, that's the scariest thing I've seen in a long time!

"Madame, that's a lovely hat you're wearing..."

*Faceless woman let's out a blood curdling scream*
  • Rayph
    Offline / Send Message
    Rayph polycounter lvl 13
    My completely uninformed conspiracy theory is that the problem has more to do with annual release/holiday release schedules set by publishers combined with games that now have larger/longer/harder dev times to produce and not enough time to do it in. Amazingly talented teams still need the proper time to deliver solid products.

Also I will throw in with the statement that yea the amount of bugs and bullshit engineers deal with is beyond monumental, art is tough but the struggle I've seen those guys go through at every studio and project I have been on has always been quite the ordeal.
  • AtticusMars
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    What's the solution ? Open betas? Single player launches with rolling MP?
    Stop pre-ordering and wait for reviews.

Obviously no one wants to launch a barely playable game. So I suspect the reason this keeps happening is because at some point near the end of the development cycle, someone determines that they're likely to lose more money by delaying the game than by shipping it broken.

So it ships broken.

If people weren't so readily willing to shovel out their money on faith alone then there'd be a lot more pressure on them to have smooth launches.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Stop pre-ordering and wait for reviews.

not to go all "gamergate" or whatever, but... the games industry review system is broken at best, and outright corrupt at worst. with publishers telling reviewers that they can't release a review until x time after the game is launched, threatening to pull financial support if demands aren't met or if a game receives what the publisher considers "and unfair review"...
  • AtticusMars
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    When a huge chunk of consumers basically ignore reviews and buy everything on day 1 how much upward pressure do you think there is on reviewers to produce credible content?

Besides it's not as though credible reviewers don't exist. TotalBiscuit hammered AC:U when he played it and he's easily the most popular videogame critic at this point.

But if you don't trust any reviewer then just look at what other consumers say, the ACU thread on this very forum is page after page of shit about how messed up the game is.

You make it sound as though there's no way to find out a game is screwed up without buying it because 'the system' keeps the truth from getting out. Review embargos and threats of punishing reviewers can keep an aggregate score on Metacritic propped up but that's about all it can do. Peoples opinions get out, and they get out quickly.
  • WarrenM
    not to go all "gamergate" or whatever, but... the games industry review system is broken at best, and outright corrupt at worst. with publishers telling reviewers that they can't release a review until x time after the game is launched, threatening to pull financial support if demands aren't met or if a game receives what the publisher considers "and unfair review"...

Yes, to be honest, I think the entire review thing is a scam to a large degree. It's all back slapping fueled by press junkets, pizza, and free games/hotel rooms. There's very little integrity left at all.

If you get your ass kissed, great review. If you don't, mediocre review. Has little to do with the game itself.
    TotalBiscuit hammered AC:U when he played it and he's easily the most popular videogame critic at this point.
    This is one way to get real reviews. Until he cashes in, and then you have to find the next one rising from the ashes.

The best reviewers are your friends. Everyone has early adopter friends who will buy anything and everything ... wait until they spend THEIR money and get an honest review out of them over lunch. :)
  • BeardyDan
    Offline / Send Message
    BeardyDan polycounter lvl 2
    Honestly, I feel that "traditional" game media is becoming more and more irrelevant. I was going to Day 1 Unity but then I saw the neogaf threads, the let's plays and twitter. I also noticed that many of the large sites didn't even mention the performance issues (despite reviewing the PS4 version), and I think it's pretty much fact at this point that the PS4 version runs poorly.

It seems that if you want information regarding a game nowadays you check with streamers or other consumers, and if you want poorly written, intellectually bankrupt "critique" or PR regurgitation you go to review sites, although streamers can also be guilty of the latter (Shadow of Mordor controversy).
  • WarrenM
    My opinion is that if someone is being flown somewhere, put up in a hotel, and fed while they play you're not going to get an objective review. It's just not possible. Bias is inevitable because they're going to WANT to do this again next time ... so a good review is in their self interest.

Embargo'd reviews are another good indicator that you're about to waste your money. If reviews are blocked, it's because they're bad and the company doesn't want you to see them until AFTER you buy the game. Otherwise, there's no point to blocking them.

As for this...
    Not a single thread about how COD, Halo MCC, Assassins Creed Untiy shipping with broken features ?
    The AC:Unity thread has pages and pages of people raging about bugs and glitches.
  • BeardyDan
    Offline / Send Message
    Going back to the original post, but what's wrong with Advanced Warfare? Seems fine to me (PS4)?
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    giles wrote: »
    Maybe this is an art forum, but what does it say when ever major Fall release launches with broke games?
    who knows, but thank goodness you're here to knock em down a peg.
  • TAN
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    Solution ? :

DEMOS !

You mates remeber the days when we actually had "demos" of the games we were thinking about buying ? Back then even the net wasn't that fast and we got demos from game magazine DVDs or CDs.

So we have über internet these days, what stops the companies from putting up a 1-2 GB .exe on a server and distrubute it ???

If your face rig system is broken it will likely to show up on your demo too.

Another Obligatory just I found :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfE-cX8qjM"]If Pac Man for the Atari 2600 Was Released Today - YouTube[/ame]
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Demos take an enormous amount of time and money to create. There is a reason there gone.

Its all about business. People that are paying your checks expect your product to release at a certain time to fall in line with there profit margins and keep there investors happy. If you slip that date, stock prices can fall and investors can become unhappy hurting the chances of future investment.

Its actually finding the middle ground between what is an acceptable amount of bugs and what is not. Previous AC games were in the acceptable realm, AC Unity was not. The more open world your game is going to be, the more bugs it will have. But that means the more open world your game is, the more time you need to plan for bug fixing.

Skyrim was a game that was fundamentally broken on the PS3. It was still hailed as a great game and won so many GOTY awards and people bought it up in droves.
  • Quack!
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Solution ? :

DEMOS !

You mates remeber the days when we actually had "demos" of the games we were thinking about buying ? Back then even the net wasn't that fast and we got demos from game magazine DVDs or CDs.

So we have über internet these days, what stops the companies from putting up a 1-2 GB .exe on a server and distrubute it ???

If your face rig system is broken it will likely to show up on your demo too.

Another Obligatory just I found :D

Demos take an incredible amount of resources to create. It isn't a bandwidth issue, it is a resource issue. And after all those resources spent, demos may actually end up discouraging sales.

At the end of the day, if the market accepts the current state of games as they are launched, then that is the way it will be.

Also note, that most of the 'major' problems with many launch games won't even be noticed by your mainstream gamer. The vocal minority of people complaining on the internet hardly represent the actual consumer.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Extra Credit said Demo isn't worth it. For its existence usually discourages sales, not boosting it. :(
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    The real question is are you buying these meat games glazed in AAA-1 steak sauce?
    If everything is no good why don't we all just ignore them altogether? They will eventually get their stuff together or disappear.

The reason fellows put these things out with no good code is because they know that foolhardy consumers buy them. This needs to stop, and we all need to get the word out.

Also I found these articles,
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/11/18/nintendo-thinks-rival-consoles-and-the-aaa-market-are-boring/
    http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-the-industry-has-a-long-way-to-go-needs-more-creativity#.VG0F6CghM36
    turns out I am not the only one who doesn't like these sort of games.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Demo's never worked, because they worked AGAINST the sales of a game, I think around the time that BulletStorm came out, many people commented about how an average game's demo could be played 5/6 times in a row, and you get your worth of time.
    I mean if the game doesn't have much to offer in the first place, and the demo needs to show a decent amount to be worth it...how much can you cut? They aren't wrong you know.

Since piracy also has been gaining traction on consoles, more people have been opting on testing from there, or if a PC version of the game is out, test there before making a choice, and frankly it makes sense, some games have a serious sense of letting go at the end or having mid game bugs.

Embargo's existed before games, as early as the 2000's in the Movie industry, a (as some of you guys put it) VOCAL MINORITY raised a fuss about it, but enough of a fuss by proxy was generated that it started gaining mainstream attention, and before you know it, what used to be a sure sell of a movie without a preview became a death sentence and still is today to certain extent, unless the movie turns out to be good, in which case, it's usually an anomaly, I think only 2 movies so far seemed to fit this criteria, and none of them belonged to Micheal Bay.

There is also the issue to publisher/review sites themselves are simply an extension of a studio. A certain popular site out there for example, has one of their chief editorial staff members who had a child with senior member at a game studio, and it seems awfully convenient on these 2 companies seem to be so mushy together all the time when it comes to articles in favor one of these companies.

Then of course, there is another issue, programmers. I mean no offense guys, but why should half of them work in Game Dev? Some of them can get at junior position, right out of Uni, get a half passed private/Gov't job, in which they can sit in a sever office room all day long, while playing Dota and just occasionally running a script or setting up Skype for a meeting, while taking in a cool 30-50K a year. Seniors are rolling well later on.

However, I don't care about any of this because frankly, I have to deal with complex adult crap that not even my parents had to deal with at my age, but there is something that is bothering me, and frankly, any other opinion I might put out would be burning bridges, but hey, whatever.

Developers have made it clear they are running a business, right? A buisness that needs LOADS of money to stay afloat, right?

If your product is broken, and people don't buy it at the start, this means they will wait for a discount, right? I heavy discount, usually at least a 50% or more, to get the same number or greater number of sales are the original figure when the game came out (this seems to be standard according to Steam sales).

How much of a hit, on discounts can a company take before going red? I mean c'mon now, you guys can't honestly have it 2 ways, you say for us to wait out and go for a discount, but at the same time lament that people wait for a discount.

So instead we have to wait for a patch as the middle ground, but certain games stop getting support 6 MONTHS after it's out and still broken, even AMD has a longer support effort for older games then some of your peeps have in your Dev studio, and usually heavy discounts come around the 9 month mark, so what do I do now?

But then some chime in to say you're staying afloat due to the number of volumes pushed of the game "down the line", so does this mean the labor force itself was cheaper then warranted at the initial level or not? Yes, I know about 'curd market', where you introduce something at an expensive price point then lower it slowly down the line so you end up selling more, but it throws you original 'say' into world of it's own, because the company just 'made it out of the red in the quarterly".

This is my issue, it feels like half of the big studios are running on fumes at this point and have maybe 10 years at most on them (don't even get me started on the talent hiring process, when your HR peeps want to become accountants, you know something went wrong) and instead of going back to basics in making games into games, and not a moving movie on your screen with some triggers and a 70 million Advert budget, everyone is trying to ditch it out and go full Valve (ei: create a Steam like platform and generate money to make games).

What exactly is the end game here and what is the current logic to reaching there?
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    TL: DR man jesus
    You also create a marketplace economy into the game for players and content creators (and you as the facilitator) to make money. I'd imagine things like twitch and youtube will also eventually be folded into that economy.

It's much better than budgeting/building up to big risky release imo.

that might work with more open ended games like Rust or DayZ etc but what about big hit titles like The Last of Us or Batman Arkham Asylum? Those games would need to be bug free with all story content playing back perfectly right from day one. Unless they are done in episodic form and the user can play chapters of the story as the dev makes them. Kind of like how tv shows like LOST are done these days, although that means script writers adding filler to keep the audience captive for longer :/
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i found this image amusing:

IyomjBT.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    valuemeal wrote: »
    The real question is are you buying these meat games glazed in AAA-1 steak sauce?
    If everything is no good why don't we all just ignore them altogether? They will eventually get their stuff together or disappear.

The reason fellows put these things out with no good code is because they know that foolhardy consumers buy them. This needs to stop, and we all need to get the word out.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/11/18/nintendo-thinks-rival-consoles-and-the-aaa-market-are-boring/
    http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-the-industry-has-a-long-way-to-go-needs-more-creativity#.VG0F6CghM36

But but...
    Without AAA games, what are we artists working toward for ?
    If game dev only gonna stick to low end graphic, we would all be wasting our awesome ZB sculpt for 2k tris models. :(
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Actual fun games, with bright colors and interesting music, not these tough guy games made by EA and the like with triple A slapped on them. Many games have higher end graphics, not just these sort of games, with heavy advertising campaigns.

Also if they have so many bugs, wouldn't be of lesser quality than they claim they actually are?
    Technically those sports games are "AAA" and I honestly don't think anyone aspires to that.
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    fun is pretty subjective you know? while i also prefer the more colorful and stylized games personally. i wouldn't dare to say i have more fun than othere peeps playing their genres.

and honestly, why would a character artist not want to work on say a boxing game? there is rarely any other genre with such lose technical limits and so much you can learn about anatomy while working on one.
  • Hazardous
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Actual fun games, with bright colors and interesting music, not these tough guy games made by EA and the like with triple A slapped on them. Many games have higher end graphics, not just these sort of games, with heavy advertising campaigns.

Also if they have so many bugs, wouldn't be of lesser quality than they claim they actually are?
    Technically those sports games are "AAA" and I honestly don't think anyone aspires to that.

Can you give me an example of an 'Actual fun game with bright colors and interesting music' ? I'd like to know where you are coming from.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Hazardous wrote: »
    Can you give me an example of an 'Actual fun game with bright colors and interesting music' ? I'd like to know where you are coming from.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!

Oh, wait. That game has too much meat.
  • BeardyDan
    Offline / Send Message

Sports games probably offer decent job security. Not my cup of tea, but if I had a family to take care of I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Also to me, AAA always referred to budget, first and foremost. Hence why games like the original rendition of APB were considered AAA, due to it's notoriously high budget, despite the...erm...issues.
  • leslievdb
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15

yeah because mario "insert any subgenre of game here" 15 is the most innovative thing ever
  • heyeye
    Offline / Send Message
    heyeye polycounter lvl 6
    Game gets released with tons of bugs, yet breaks weekend sales records.

People in the industry be like:

tumblr_li3inaJ2mU1qaj6h8o1_500.gif
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox & BeardyDan
    It's not that one wouldn't want to work at a place that does this sort of thing, I mean if the job popped up and you got accepted, you'd take it sure thing. What I am saying is that I don't think anyone grows up aspiring to work on said things, or if that would be someone's end goal.

Hazardous
    Mario Galaxy or perhaps Katamari, Prinny games, patapon, rayman, any kirby title or that ni no kuni.
    Looking back on many things that I was inspired by, most of them were sprite titles or

Ravenslayer
    What of the galaxy? No one had ever seen anything like that one before.
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Usually I wouldn't pop my head in for this kind of thing, but Morris, you know that Mario, Rayman, etc... They're AAA titles, too.

You can't condemn AAA then turn around and say that you want to see more titles like Mario, it's confusing your argument. Stick to not wanting to play meat-games, it makes more sense (even if I think it's a little silly).
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Except Mario is a series about an overweight middle aged plumber who kills people by jumping on their heads, and is in love with a 16 year old girl.

Mario is about as meat as it gets.
  • TAN
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    All the things said about demos completely eludes my logic, but if you mates say so...
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    All the things said about demos completely eludes my logic, but if you mates say so...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM6LoaqEnY"]Extra Credits: Demo Daze - YouTube[/ame]
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    The thing with AAA lunches that really bother me is that they are usually catered to a massive amount of people. So, the company spends a lot of money bringing the right ingredients together that will make the majority of people happy, pushing out a minority that have different tastes like our friend Morris here. I'm sure you've all heard it before, people want vegan meals, or have allergies, prefer to be gluten free, organic, and things like that - but at the end of the day, the majority wants pizza...and if people stopped lining up for pizza, well, then the same resources would be put into meals for special diets to please the majority because it has the biggest window for success.
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Gav wrote: »
    The thing with AAA lunches that really bother me is that they are usually catered to a massive amount of people.

especially all that nasty overtime and airplane food...
  • juniez
    Offline / Send Message
    juniez polycounter lvl 10
    Neox wrote: »
    fun is pretty subjective you know?
    No it's not.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Kwramm wrote: »
    especially all that nasty overtime and airplane food...

Though, what AAA lacks in lunch options and the stability of their meals, I feel they make up for in name brand snacks and variety of beverages. Plus, at AAA salary usually allows employees to purchase their own lunch - which i normally do (usually a salad if you're curious, but sometimes tacos, sandwiches, or soup.) No one is forcing you to eat the AAA lunch, you could go to a food truck or even a local shop to get what you want. Sure, the lunch I'm experiencing might be a little rough, it might not be the smoothest lunch - shit, there may even be a few bugs depending on how clean the kitchen is. In that case, though, it's more of a human resources and ops thing than a QA thing - heh. In the end, sure, no one likes a buggy lunch - indie or AAA - but it's still free and a nice gesture. I'd rather a buggy lunch than no lunch at all.

*looks off into the horizon*
  • juniez
    Offline / Send Message
    juniez polycounter lvl 10
    the lesson, really, is to go indie and work from home. then every lunch will be a good one if you are passionate about your lunches.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Are...uhh are we still talking about games in this thread? I like games.
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Well, even then is it really a question of indie or AAA? Plenty of people I have worked with prefer to bring in lunches from home to their AAA studios - I can only imagine that the same would be true for an independent company. Some say it's to save money, which is a personal thing and rude to ask more about, some just have their own diets they follow, some use it as a form of routine and maybe even showing solidarity with loved ones. We need to look beyond the labels of AAA and indie, my friends, because in the end all we really want is a decent lunch. We need to accept the beauty of the lunch for what it is, and support it. Show it love. We grew up wanting our own lunches, wanting the power to be part of something bigger than ourselves....and here we are. Bitching about a big lunch because there's a few ants.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
  • heyeye
    Offline / Send Message
    heyeye polycounter lvl 6
    Gav wrote: »
    Well, even then is it really a question of indie or AAA? Plenty of people I have worked with prefer to bring in lunches from home to their AAA studios - I can only imagine that the same would be true for an independent company. Some say it's to save money, which is a personal thing and rude to ask more about, some just have their own diets they follow, some use it as a form of routine and maybe even showing solidarity with loved ones. We need to look beyond the labels of AAA and indie, my friends, because in the end all we really want is a decent lunch. We need to accept the beauty of the lunch for what it is, and support it. Show it love. We grew up wanting our own lunches, wanting the power to be part of something bigger than ourselves....and here we are. Bitching about a big lunch because there's a few ants.

Well don't get down because of the ants. You open up your lunch bag and it just happens. Your beautiful gourmet lunch, which until this morning could have been on the cover of Bon App