Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Character modelling and rigging for video game Song of the Firefly [UE4]

Hello,

I'm one of the leading developers of Song of the Firefly. This game is a 3D exploration platformer set in a post-apocalyptic England. The game has already been Greenlit on Steam, and we are in the process of preparing to raise funds for the project.

We are looking for someone to model, texture and rig characters for the game. We have had a modeller working with us, and thus have a partly-complete model, but are looking for others to help.

We are looking for someone to either fix issues with the existing model, and create others, or to remake the existing model in the same style.

The work required is modelling, texturing (including normal maps), and rigging characters (with facial rig for lip syncing) to use in the latest version of the Unreal Engine.

The game is being developed using Unreal Engine 4, and models will need to be set up and exported using the Unreal toolkit.

Please let us know if you are interested in working with us!

Replies

• Hoeloe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We've received a huge number of requests and portfolios for this. Rather than respond to everyone individually, I'll post here that we think we have found someone to work with. It is possible we will need future modelling work, though, so I'll keep the portfolios and contact details that have been sent, and may reach out as and when it becomes necessary.

A huge thanks to everyone who sent in a portfolio!
  • Hoeloe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We're having to look for another character modeller for this project now.

The work required is modelling, texturing (including normal maps), and rigging characters (with facial rig for lip syncing) to use in the latest version of the Unreal Engine. We do have quite a large list of people who were interested the last time we were searching, but I thought it best to re-open the thread for anyone else.
  • Hoeloe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We've had a pretty large number of people expressing interest, so thanks to everyone who did. We haven't been able to reply to everyone, but we've found someone to work with now.

We'll keep everyone who expressed interest in mind for when we next need modelling!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FYI, I deleted all the posts which did not follow the Freelance Jobs Rules.
    3. DO NOT reply to threads if you do not have a relevant question, ie: "What is the length of the contract" "Do you require specific software" ect. The freelance board is not a place for critique, or other non-work-related questions or comments.

4. DO NOT reply simply to state that you've applied/sent an email. These sort of responses should be kept to the private message system if you feel the need. Generally this is viewed as a bit unprofessional, so you may be better to refrain from doing this at all.

5. DO NOT post images from your portfolio, or links to your portfolio in a company's threads. If you want to apply, you should email them directly with either a link to your portfolio, your portfolio attached, or PM them a link to your portfolio.