Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot art contest] Beyond the screen

Hi there!

This is going to be my entry for the Riot contest. Still untitled, but I thought this one could be a nice description for this image (if you have any suggestions or ideas for the title, they would be appreciated)

riot_contest_sketch_wip_by_hayuko-d83mf3a.jpg

I started working on the characters, and the style will be something like this:

vi_by_hayuko-d83mf6h.jpg

Critics will be welcome!
Hope you like it

Replies

• Flaxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha, Gumball!!! Tell me, do you work on the series? :D Your poses look like an animator´s. The doodles look really fun!
    Best of luck!
  • LeoJr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LeoJr polycounter lvl 7
    Awesome idea! And the name is pretty cool as is, too. :)
  • Linka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's an common idea for letting your characters from your game come out of the comuputer. But the desgin is great you should totally work with it.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaxor wrote: »
    Hahaha, Gumball!!! Tell me, do you work on the series? :D Your poses look like an animator´s. The doodles look really fun!
    Best of luck!

Oh, no! I'm still finishing my studies, I'm still not working XD But thank you so much for your kind words!

And thanks for all the comments too!

I kept working, but I had little time, so I could only finish Caitlyin's sketch:

riot_contest_cait_by_hayuko-d83q8dt.jpg
    (I based her skirt on the new splash art)

As always, critics will be welcome! ^^
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here you have Jinx and Soraka 's sketches:

riot_contest_soraka_by_hayuko-d83u4a3.jpg
    jinx_by_hayuko-d83u49c.jpg

I'm happy how Jinx looks but I think there's something wrong with Soraka, tho I don't know what ://

Critics will be appreciated! ^^
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Those are so awesome !

Soraka horn seems to be on the side and not in the center of her forehead.
  • raeikon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some awesome stuff is going on here XD ! Really fun idea.

P.S. Agree on what Odow said.
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokii288 polycounter lvl 3
    agreed on the soraka horn. HOWEVER I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CONCEPT! Can't wait to see it done.
  • Petra Frankova
    hilarious, remarkable :D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh! That's true!
    I'll fix it, thank you so much guys for telling me!!
    Thank you so much for your kind words too! I'll do my best to finish this in time!

Also, another character done: Lee Sin
    riot_contest_lee_sin_by_hayuko-d83xw76.jpg

I had some problems with the tatoos. I couldn't see the tatoos on the splash arts and didn't really understand it when I saw some cosplay photographs :/// Sooo do you think they could look like his tatoos like this or should I redo them?

As always, don't be afraid of telling me if you see a mistake! ^0^
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    Wow! This is so great! I really hope you finish this so that the whole polycount comunity can enjoy this piece of art.

I wish you the best luck on this, because it is a really good idea.

Loving that Lee Sin, super fun pose.

Cheers!

Javi
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jinx is my favorite so far :3 Encapsulates the character so well.
  • Handsomeartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Handsomeartist polycounter lvl 3
    Wow Your style is very Dynamic, and I love your idea can't wait to see the final result!!!
  • TeddyDxC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TeddyDxC polycounter lvl 3
    Wow! Cool idea!!! I like it!)))
  • LiberLibelula
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heeey! I was looking for your thread, finally I found it! I love each one of your poses (I already told you), I'm so jealous of your skill to draw characters *w*
  • daemonstar
  • gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gustavotorqueto polycounter lvl 5
    Damnit! That is very good! following the updates =)
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
  • elainetehart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking forward to this!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow! ;A; Thank you so much for your kind words! They help me a lot and make me work harder and do my very best! *_*

I kept working this weekend and did a few characters:

Heimer:
    heimer_by_hayuko-d84bj8q.jpg
    Lulu, Varus and Ashe:
    riot_contest_lulu__varus_and_ashe_by_hayuko-d84bjb0.jpg
    Leona and Braum:
    riot_contest_leona_and_braum_by_hayuko-d84bja3.jpg

Again, thank you so much for all the comments! Hope you like the new updates too ^^

Critics are always welcome!
  • Silvarspark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silvarspark polycounter lvl 3
    They all look awesome except for Leona.
    Her face looks warped and boy-ish.
    And her foot looks a bit weird as well. You might wanna check that again.
    Overal nice work though.
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my gosh that Braum makes me so happy :)
  • DmitryGrebenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DmitryGrebenkov polycounter lvl 3
    Great sketches!
  • Alvaro.Knot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im loving the expresion, they all looks so alive and happy^^ Great work
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They all look awesome except for Leona.
    Her face looks warped and boy-ish.
    And her foot looks a bit weird as well. You might wanna check that again.
    Overal nice work though.

Oh! Ok, I'll check that. I'm not very good at drawing very femenine girls, so that's gonna be a huge problem, but well... I should learn! xD Thank you so much for telling!

BTW, Soraka's horn is fixed ^^

Another update:
    Sona, Ahri and Draven:
    sona__ahri_y_draven_by_hayuko-d84fm0w.jpg
    I'm not very happy with this one, but I think the main problem is that I need a reference of the background to draw them in the correct perspective :/ So... probably leaving this sketch as a reference and correct the mistakes when painting. But if you see a mistake, please tell me because I know something is very wrong but I don't know what

Aand Gnar and Rengar:
    rengar_y_gnar_by_hayuko-d84fm2b.jpg

Again, thank you so so much for all the comments, they help me a lot and I really appreciate all the support! ^^

As always, critics are welcome!
  • xxxcloverxxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All i can think is...no pressure, we're all impatiently waiting to see your work x)
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    This is such a cool take on the contest. Can't wait to see your finished entry!
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the main problem with the sona ahri draven one is its really confusing. I can barely tell where sona ends and ahri begins. Not to mention I can't tell at all what they are doing. It just leaves me overall very confused. Also I think Ahri's face is having the same problems as Leona's.

On a positive note, the gnar and rengar drawing is amazing and so cute! Keep up the amazing work. It's so incredible.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokii288 wrote: »
    I think the main problem with the sona ahri draven one is its really confusing. I can barely tell where sona ends and ahri begins. Not to mention I can't tell at all what they are doing. It just leaves me overall very confused. Also I think Ahri's face is having the same problems as Leona's.

On a positive note, the gnar and rengar drawing is amazing and so cute! Keep up the amazing work. It's so incredible.

Yeah, the problem with the group one is that they need color to understand what's really happening, mostly because the main silhouette is not clear (and more when the clothes and hair has a lot of details) It happened in the Annie-Zyra-Janna i'm submitting today too. So I'll try and fix Ahri's face and see if the group ones can be fixed with the color. If not, I will repeat the whole group ^^ Thanks for telling me!

Well, here you have Annie, Zyra and Janna:
    annie__zyra_y_janna_by_hayuko-d84jl41.jpg

And Sion and Riven coming out the screen:
    riven_y_sion_by_hayuko-d84jl5d.jpg

Hope the color fix the problems you are telling me, but still I will try and see what I can do when all the lineart is finished!

Thank you so much for the comments and the critics! They are all welcome if you see things I can improve!
    BTW, don't hesitate on telling me when a girl does not look femenine, because I know it's one of my weak points xD
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the annie zyra janna group. Very cute!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I couldn't work as muchs as I'd like this last days, but well... at least there's only 4 characters left before I start with the background sketch!

Lux, Ezreal, Garen and Taric:
    riot_contest_luz__ezreal__garen_and_taric_by_hayuko-d854c5e.png

Quinn:
    riot_contest_quinn_by_hayuko-d854c8y.jpg

Ziggs: (ready to ks Jinx)
    ziggs_by_hayuko-d854c9j.jpg

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them ;_;
    Critics are always welcome!
  • hypronost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hypronost polycounter lvl 6
    I agree with Lokii. I;d love to see a Zyra.
  • azabyaza121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is gonna be amazing!
  • Mayuki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my God! *_____*

I'm alredy loving what you're doing, lil miss!! Cannot wait to see more, I'm sure it will be awesome <3 I loooooove how every character is doing something different, and please, that Taric look, gosh, It's going to be a very entertaining image for sure :)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been a long time since I've started the lineart but... All the characters are finally done! I'll work on the background and I will be able to start the coloring!
    Thank you very very much for the comments, they are helping me a lot and making me do my very very best! ;_; Thank you!

Here you have the last characters:

Thresh:
    thresh_by_hayuko-d8587jh.jpg
    Lucian:
    lucian_by_hayuko-d8587k0.jpg
    and Kayle and Morgana:
    kayle_y_morgana_by_hayuko-d8587kt.jpg

And here's the lineart with all the characters:
    riot_contest_character_final_lineart_by_hayuko-d8587lw.jpg

I have to fix some things I've seen (like reducing Caitlyn who looks huge) and some details, but more or less, this is the final composition for the characters.

Again, thank you so much for all the support and critics will be welcome!
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Oh wow, very nice dude
  • BrittanyKoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is so creative and fun to look at. Can't wait to see more :)
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is wonderful. I hope the final piece is big enough to appreciate all your detials!
  • Aegir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aegir polycounter lvl 3
    jinx's face make me laugh every time ! nice work
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skyerzz polycounter lvl 5
    The progress on this has been crazy. I love what you are doing. That said I think you should shrink the hand on the left. It's taking up a lot more space than you originally had. It'll give the top left character's more breathing room. Shrinking the character's like 5-10% will help with the breathing room as well.

Also changing the canvas(if you are using photoshop) aspect ratio to to 1920 x 1080 [16:9] would give you some more room and would fit a persons desktop wallpaper nicer. I bumped up the height on the latest image you posted to 1080 and the weight is only 1615.

Keep up the great work!!

*Edit* I did a relay crude example to show the space you could play with. Vi is no longer about to take a bullet to the knee ^_^ beyond_Dascreen_16x9ratio.jpg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skyerzz wrote: »
    The progress on this has been crazy. I love what you are doing. That said I think you should shrink the hand on the left. It's taking up a lot more space than you originally had. It'll give the top left character's more breathing room. Shrinking the character's like 5-10% will help with the breathing room as well.

Also changing the canvas(if you are using photoshop) aspect ratio to to 1920 x 1080 [16:9] would give you some more room and would fit a persons desktop wallpaper nicer. I bumped up the height on the latest image you posted to 1080 and the weight is only 1615.

Keep up the great work!!

*Edit* I did a relay crude example to show the space you could play with. Vi is no longer about to take a bullet to the knee ^_^ beyond_Dascreen_16x9ratio.jpg

Oh! You are totally right! I like your version! It's true, it has more breathing spaces. I probably was so used to the composition that I didn't consider making it bigger xD So thank you so much for telling!
    I will re-arrange the characters and start with the background!

Thank you, really! It will help me a lot!!
    And thanks to everyone for the kind words and support!!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, here comes the background!
    As you can see, I'm quite lame at drawing backgrounds and that made me mad yesterday. Still, my teacher made some corrections, so I'm submitting the rough sketch so you can see the new composition and the background, tho I still have to work on it.

riot_contest_background_sketch_and_corrections_by_hayuko-d85g3be.jpg

Please, if you see something I should change on the background or tip, do not hesitate on telling me, I know it's something I'm not good at and I know it's gonna have tons of mistakes xD

Thank you again for all the comments and support and critics will always be welcome!
  • minyulite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're sketches so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lokii288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this! You're doing great!
  • LeoJr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LeoJr polycounter lvl 7
  • Artitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, this looks amazing man! I can't wait to see it finished! :D
  • paul77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pretty coolllllll!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there! Sorry for the lack of activity, I was pretty busy with my homework this days and I couldn't work on the image. But here I am again!

I'm happy to say all the lineart is finished and the background was improved by all the tips and corrections I had! ^^ My teacher was of great help, checking all the characters and backgrounds ;A;

tumblr_nez3okWRUr1sxfg7qo1_1280.jpg
    Now it's time to paint! *cries*

I honestly don't know if I would finish this on time, but I'm totally gonna try and do my best!
    Thank you very very very much for all the comments, they cheer me up and make me work harder ^^
    As always, critics are welcome!
  • Amanda_yujin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome!!! It looks great :D
  • giselleukardi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol omg this is so great! I can't wait to see it finished! =D