Home Technical Talk

My Zbrush Plugin!

Replies

• nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On further investigation yea you're right. Anything that uses the DLL doesn't work in the 64bit version. I'm shooting an email to some people at Pixologic to see if they are going to release an update for it. I will keep you guys posted!
  • Felixb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Felixb polycounter lvl 8
    Hey nick,

First of all, the tools look very promising, I can't wait to get my hands on them.
    Unfortunately they don't seem to work for me on R7 yet.
    If I put the tools into my zplugs/zplugsx64 folder, ZBrush won't start anymore.
    No message/error whatsoever, just the eternal spinning wheel of death.

I hope pixologic can fix this so I can use them.

Many thanks for the hard work you put into this!
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Seems to work if I run it in the 32bit version first and then copy that over to the 64 bit. Thankfully as the grouping and visibility tools are amazing.
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting... what files are you copying over?
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7 FL\ZStartup\ZPlugs\NicksToolsdata"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7 FL\ZStartup\ZPlugs\NicksTools.zsc"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7 FL\ZStartup\ZPlugs\NicksTools_README.txt"
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah ok. The plugin should load regardless. Just some of the more complex scripts that use the DLL won't work in the 64bit version.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Ah okay. I had some issues with ZB not loading until I did that and that resolved when I did. Narrative bias.
  • Felixb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Felixb polycounter lvl 8
    Ah I didn't copy NicksToolsdata over. The first page of this topic say I only had to move the zsc. Tools loads now and probably will work like a charm. Will test it right away! :D
  • Krystar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Krystar polycounter lvl 6
    Very useful, thanks for sharing! :)
  • KonginChains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
    Although I have found this plugin very useful in the past, nowadays I can't get it to work in current version zbrush.
    The plugin especially batch rename doesn't work. I have the latest version put in zbrush 4R7/zplugs 64. My latest patch is P3.
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Kong yea the more advanced scripts don't work in the 64bit version. I'm working on getting the update out right now. Thanks for your patients.

• Crolock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crolock polycounter lvl 4
    Oh thank you for the update !
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the spirit of the holidays I'm finally updating this with the scripts I have been using for awhile and 64bit Zbrush should now work with them.

https://youtu.be/nD2UifmEpbQ

New Stuff includes:
    Mis Scripts
    - InflateB: Toggles between your current brush and the inflate brush at max size. This is used to inflate the whole subtool similar to the inflate in the deformation menu.
    - Mat2Similar: Fills subtools your active material to all subtools with the same pointcount.
    - CopySym2All: Copies the current subtool Symmetry settings to all visible subtools. 

BPR Geo
    - Dynamic All: Use the "On" or "Off" switches to toggle Dynamic SubDivision on or off for all visible subtools. 
    - ApplyDynamicAll: Commits the Dynamic SubDivision for all visible subtools. 
    - Array Mesh All: Use the "On" or "Off" switches to toggle Array Mesh on or off for all visible subtools. 
    - BPR2Geo All: Converts your BPR Geo to meshes for all visible subtools. Use the GoZ switch to automatically send those meshes to your Goz app. 

Brush
    - Brush Settings Toggle: Applies the toggled settings to most of your loaded brushes. A few brushes are skipped based on name. Those include: Mask, Trim, Transpose, Select, Slice, Groom, Zremesher, Zmodeler, Zproject, and Topology. 

Make SubD Levels
    - Make SubD Lvls: Will attempt to recreate subD levels using your current Zremesher settings. 
    - All Vis: Will recreate subD levels for all visible subtools. This may take a long time. 
    - AutoDetect: By default Make SubD Levels it will autodetect how many levels you need get back to your current pointcount. 
    - Projection: Enables projecting details back to the subdivided mesh. Increases run time. 
    - CapProjection: Enabled to increase speed and performance. Stops projection after a certain pointcount is met. Controlled by the ProjCap PCount slider. 
    - Relaxed: Applies the Zremesher process twice resulting in a more relaxed topology. 
    - Delete Source: Enabling will prompt you to delete a "PolyStar" temp object to get rid of the "Delete Confirmation" popup. After this your un-subdivided source mesh will be deleted after the Make SubD Lvls script is ran. 
    - SubD Levels: If autodetect is off then you can manually set how many SubD Levels you want per subtool. 

Get it on Gumroad
    https://gum.co/nickstools

or
     Get it on the CubeBrush store
    https://cubebrush.co/artofnickmiller/products/379

• Spatz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spatz polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks Dude...very useful, love the Make SubD Levels :) 
  • pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Nick, thank you very much! This was a long awaited script update =)
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    my new favourite person. these are great, thank you
  • shogunato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shogunato polycounter lvl 12
  • Demonith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Demonith polycounter lvl 6
    When i seen new topology DOWNLOAD NOW !
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, its been awhile but I have made a few new random things and fixed some bugs. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions or ideas. 

************************Mis Scripts***************************

- PF Wires: Toggles Polyframe wireframe and solid color for those sick performance gains.

*************************Transpose****************************

- Copy Pos: Copies current transpose cordinates.

- Paste Pos: Restores copied tranpose cordinates.

- Align X,Y,Z: Snaps the start of the tranpose line to the corresponding axis.

- Grow/Shrink Line: Grows or Shrinks the transpose line by a fixed amount.  

***************************Brush******************************

- Ctrl/Shift Toggle: Keeps Ctrl/Shift held down until the toggle is released. Used for long periods of smoothing or masking to avoid finger fatigue. Note: Unable to detect when in menus so you will need to manually turn it off when trying to use menu buttons. 

***********************Batch Rename**************************

- Convert Dash 2 Underscores: converts the first hyphen in all visible subtools to a underscore. Run multiple times if there are multiple hyphens in subtools. 

Download Here

• pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks, Nick! Awesome plugin ))
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've upgraded to 4r8 and have been checking what is broken. It seems like anything that checks visibility of the subtool won't work properly. To fix some things I will need to wait Pixologic releases a new DLL. 

BUT! The good news is that they added something to suppress popup dialogs! 
  • MetinSeven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MetinSeven polycounter lvl 2
    I'm wondering: does this ZPlugin and everything in it still work in ZBrush 2019? (and hopefully 2020 as well, when it's released soon)
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    hey anyone know is this still works or another alternative is around?
  • Pabs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 11
    @garriola83
    not working and i cant find alternatives to some of the tools. i emailed him a year ago, but never heard back from him.
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Pabs 
    Same here, I dont know if he's still working in the industry

• stilobique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stilobique polycounter lvl 12
    Pabs said:
    @garriola83
    not working and i cant find alternatives to some of the tools. i emailed him a year ago, but never heard back from him.

Hi @Pabs and @garriola83, i'm reinstalle this plugins on a fresh install (Zbrush 2020) and no problem or errors. Have you install it on the ZPlugs64 folders ?

• garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    @stilobique you tried random color or toggle TMG?
  • stilobique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stilobique polycounter lvl 12
    @stilobique you tried random color or toggle TMG?

Oh damned ; any tools are broken. I can look to make a random color snippet if you want.