Home General Discussion

CG Nerdy T-Shirt Ideas--VOTE PLEASE

Replies

• Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Less insulting to mothers, and more tongue-in-cheek wit is where something like this should go if you're actually serious about this.

It also has to be a pretty damn good and probably minimalistic design (minimalistic, not bad) considering your target audience would be artists. I say minimalistic because your target audience is already incredibly niche, and if you do something decisive you'll probably cut off more than half your potential clients.

Take a look at actual fonts used by designers. They're usually sans-serif with exceptions, not comic-sans, and usually not a font included on an OS by default.

IE the overused yet gets the job done Helvetica, DINOT if your a science corporation or work at Aperture Science, Trade Gothic Sans, Century Gothic, Futura, etc.

Basically, you can't go wrong with selecting a Swiss font if you don't know what you're doing with fonts. The higher quality ones you usually have to pay for as well. There are a few websites that have a lot of free fonts but usually you have to filter through literally hundreds of them before you find one that isn't complete garbage. And then the good ones are usually knockoffs of said designer fonts.

You could always go the opposite route and make it specifically targeting the polycount audience which may be easier although a potentially smaller audience than say everyone in 3D. IE using Greentooth and polycount green + gray. Although it better be amazing otherwise people are going to flip.

On second thought, I'd probably stay away from that route since even though the Greentooth is under free usage (and I'm sure they meant placing it in your game artwork), I'm not sure it would be nice/could be poor taste since they indeed have their own official t-shirt store. At least read up on it and contact them first if you're unsure and want to go that route.

Anyways hopefully there's some constructive criticism for you to shuffle through.
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    I was hating on you for trying to profit off 5 minutes worth of work with very little thought put behind it.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Deathstick's assertions I agree with. You just needed to work on the design more, and try to stray away from anything that sounds snarky. I know it works in other mediums, but it can generate additional pessimism unnecessarily.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.