Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Chinatown Alleyway

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
AdamOstridge polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys and girls, here's my latest WIP environment, a Chinatown alleyway. It's still very much early stages so a lot of the assets are still placeholder bits and the post-processing and colours are all still being experimented with but hopefully it should progress quite nicely.

If you have any crit or feedback I'd love to hear it, I'm always trying to improve so it would be greatly appreciated! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8TaDOTW7o"]Chinatown_WIP_v001 - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• mr. Silver
    Offline / Send Message
    mr. Silver polycounter lvl 9
    I am sorry for my bad english, but I'm sure you'll understand is what I want to tell you.

The first thing I noticed is a brick wall - to the left, it looks "flat", try to use parallax mapping to improve the species.

Just look bad cartons:
    at first they do not look soaked - and yet the rain.
    secondly too evident that they are made simple with the box - try to fix it as described above.
  • AdamOstridge
    Offline / Send Message
    AdamOstridge polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the feedback Mr. Silver, the wall did have parallax mapping but it was coming across quite weak so I've increased the offset and it's looking a lot nicer so thanks. Also the boxes I agree, it was on my 'when I get to it' list of laziness so I concentrated on doing more fun stuff. :P

My next update will probably be quite radical due to other feedback I've had regards the core design, so it will require effectively rebuilding from the ground up. Hopefully I'll have something worth showing by the end of tomorrow! :)
  • mr. Silver
    Offline / Send Message
    mr. Silver polycounter lvl 9
    Always please. But lazy have it as a win because it is the main enemy in the way of creating masterpieces.

Yes! Forgot to ask - you do the level of play, or simply a composition of 3D?