Home General Discussion

Gaming survey for MSc psych student!

Hi,

I am studying an MSc in Clinical Psychology at Goldsmiths Uni of London and doing my dissertation on gaming (video games).

I need as many people as possible (gamers AND non-gamers!) to complete my survey (18+ only)

I would greatly appreciate it, especially if you passed it on too!

Here is the link: http://obsurvey.com/S2.aspx?id=56251121-370E-4FDD-9A9E-598CF8D35472

Thank you! Jen

Replies

• glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    That's a pretty long survey... you should add that to the post. Just roughly how long it takes... even when the survey says so at the initial page.

Its done tho. Hope it helps.

Some of the questions might be a little biased, like what does playing video games helped me in real life... since i do that for game art for a living.
  • killstopher
    Done. A couple of minor issues tho.

You seemingly randomly include negative statements in a list of mainly positive statements which slowed me down as I needed to read questions several times to make sure I was answering correctly i.e. following "I am relaxed most of the time" with " am not interested in abstract ideas". Maybe that was on purpose, but I found it frustrating when it would be a lot easier to complete the questionnaire if it was made up of entirely positive statements.

In the second section you asked the same questions several times, but with different wording. Particularly "when I am happy, I make bad decisions".

And yea, would be good to say it takes up to 20 mins in you initial post.
  • Elyaradine
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    No option for anyone outside of the US/EU to take it. -_-
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    what is with the re-occurring theme of bad choices when happy, there are like 20 questions like that, and it sounds like your trying to make a bias that gamers are more impulsive than normal people.

the same questions even appear with the same wording once and a while.

also the more game oriented questions that come later, are kinda odd since one question nullifies other questions.
  • Jason Young
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I got about 4 pages in and got bored with being asked the same question several times. I'm sure there's a scientific reason for it, but I ended up quitting the survey. Perhaps that'll help with your research. :)
  • rolfness
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Ehh I looked at it and it made me feel lethargic..

and I dont think shes coming back
  • Yozora
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I got bored after seemingly being asked the same thing over and over again. Guess that'll be sorta useful info for someone doing a study on attention spans.
  • Mithdia
    Offline / Send Message
    Mithdia polycounter lvl 8
    Yozora wrote: »
    I got bored after seemingly being asked the same thing over and over again. Guess that'll be sorta useful info for someone doing a study on attention spans.

Same here.. Not really lack of attention as much as lack of interest in being asked the same thing over and over again.