Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - DirtyK9 - Fiddlesticks!

DirtyK9
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
DirtyK9 polycounter lvl 3
I have decided to take on Fiddlesticks! I have an AWESOME idea for this! Can't leak my idea but will be posting WIPS soon!

Cheers! :)

FiddleSticks_0.jpg

Work In Progress shots:

Weapon WIP shot 1
2sb0k2f.png

Replies

• DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First Work in Progress shot of the weapon I am doing for Fiddlesticks! Will have a base upload tomorrow for the character itself! Just wanted to begin with the weapon concept!

2sb0k2f.png
  • DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First WIP on the character, blockout phase!

29q1dn6.png
  • Dr.HeatSync
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dr.HeatSync polycounter lvl 8
    Some things that I think might help you out; take these with a grain of salt cus, well, he's fiddle and you could arguably do what you want with him:

1) Check your propotions, or rather, bone placement against Riot's Fiddlesticks, be it via screencaps or the LoLking model; the reason is because most noticeably his legs on yours aren't long enough to be fiddle. Look at his walk animation, and then imagine your current sculpt trying to do that. I think it would be quite difficult for him to match the official fiddle's height (basically, he'd look like a Yordle). I probably wouldn't even start the cloth till I got his skeleton proportions as close to 'right' as possible. Get a ref for his skeleton, work to it, and then exaggerate it to fit Fiddle's proportions. You should probably show us what his underlying skeleton looks like too.

2) Identify what direction you want to go. Grim Reaper? Thats cool, but what does his clothing behave like? Does that shirt go tight to show hints of his ribcage, or puffy? If you indicate where you want to go, it makes it easier to for people to set you going the right way when you need crit.

3) Whilst Fiddle is a mage and obviously doesn't use the scythe cus he's too busy fearing, draining and killing people with birds it doesn't look practical; the skull is awesome, but its too large for the blade. You can make the blade bigger, or the skull smaller. Many depictions of Death have his scythe long enough to be two handed, but lengthening the handle is up to your preference.

Good luck with your entry, its a pretty idea and could be made into something pretty epic.
  • DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits mate. Deff a good eye opener for me! I was contemplating on make the scythe handle longer, i thought it needed it for sure. The cloth well as of right now im just blocking out how i want him to look (more of conception in 3d) His legs are too short as of right now i will defiantly lengthen them to match fiddles proportion, i just have them in a standard pose at the moment for easy sculpting! But once i get the design how i want i shall go into it more. I will also post an image without the robe around him so you can see his skeleton tho!
  • DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minor tweaks and updates. Huge thanks to Dr.HeatSync for pointing out some stuff for me. Will continue to work on it!

Current Status! Its moving along!
    107uw08.png
  • DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys here are some update shots! Still alot of blocking forms there hope to have more time soon to fix this up!

3463s7b.png

Quick Pose with Transpose Master

w9h0rc.jpg
  • crashadams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crashadams polycounter lvl 7
  • DirtyK9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message