Home Dota 2

Cagdasx44's Workshop Thread

Replies

• cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for feedback,
    I know about masking but ı didnt understand what crooked means because ı didnt do that area from zbrush i did it in blender and used boolean modifier to make the shape so it is smooth.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Btw ı will make less stratches
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Redo the high poly of the sword by polarbear's advice. And a pic of the sword and handle with textures.
    66tblGw.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made the middle part (again), And now its done. I didnt publish it yet because ı dont have internet on computer(using mobile) so ı couldnt test it and I also need to redo my promo but take a look to the current one and pls give me some CRITISMS.
    A2OCfwU.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Btw ı did (tried) the promo from belkun's tutorial (Thx btw)
    And an important question:
    Does jug sword has particles, If yes can ı insert them in blender
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a concept shows my weak talent (jug mask)
    pIjsryv.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    İt started to look like ı am talking to myself but I will not stop untill ı get some feedback!
    Now my jug sword is done ı can jump to the beastmaster shoulder, here is some progress on high poly:
    35nCp83.jpg
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    You need to build some more form on those things mate. I looks like you masked with lines and then just sculpted down. It doesn't really look realistic, rather build some forms from that using Claybuildup or clay, it'll give it a more organic look, which is what you need for those antlers.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah you need to define the form more, like Insane said. Are they antlers? You should definitely look at pictures of real antlers because right now they look more like plywood cut into a vaguely antler shape. It seems like you're working just by thinking of what you think antlers look like in your head instead of using reference. Also, what is the think on the bottom supposed to be? Fur? Some sort of bib?
  • polarbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,
    First off, good job finishing the jugg sword.
    Here's some things that bother me about it:
    It looks dull, it should have sharp edge.
    The scratches on the center of the blade, how did they get there? I can't think of any scenario that makes it believable for a scratch to be on the center of the blade.

Let's get to your jugg mask concept. It looks menacing (keep working at it!) but we'd need to see it from more angles to really tell what it looks like.
    For example: I have no idea where the horns are going - to the back, to the front, just straight up?

Now your beastmaster item. It looks wrong. I believe you tried to make antlers, not wood. Look at some antlers here, try to get that same look on your sculpt. The lines are long and straight, yours are short and wiggly.
    Also have a look at the concept again:
    260vkle.jpg
    Your basic form is very far away from the concept. Look at this, maybe it helps:
    J9RsVHd.jpg
    I hope you see the differences. Get the basic form right - for that you probably should divide the breastplate part into smaller parts.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Since all I have to go on about your jug sword is the promo, its going to be brutal.
    But first, to make the promo image, you should start it from a really dark color (something under 10% brightness) then work your way up. It doesn't look like you drew rimlight and thats probably an easy step to do.
    -Just duplicate your sword layer and turn it white or black, put it under your actual sword layer and blur it. I hope i'm making sense.

The red parts on the blade of the jug sword could be givin some color variation(see the red parts juggernaut's mask for details).

About the beastmaster shoulder, you should show how it fits on the mesh. As for the sculpt itself, I can't really tell what it is (other than that you told me its beastmaster shoulder). If its cloth, you should only need sculpt how the cloth fits on the mesh to get its normals. Then you can just paint and overlay a cloth texture over it.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx all for your comments,
    @polarbear: ı know about the shape is broken but ı actually didnt spend much time on it because the owner of the concept (Sherlock) did the low poly so I guessed if he did it then he enjoyed the shape so ı just saved tris made the back part exactly the same of the concept he sent me. So ı didnt even try to change the shape but after I realised that with this shape I cant do the thing he wants so ı just made a very quick design to show him and you guys.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Insaneophobia: I did it with clay standard without masking (couldnt done that)
    @Sukotto: Well I googled antler photos before ı start but they were like polabear's picture so I wanted more (being greedy again, I just cant stand to see some free area as you can understand by looking to my work) and just used my imagination.
    @GhostDetector: Thx for promo tips and I will post a pic with beastmaster soon.
    @polarbear: About jug mask I will try to make some side look but ı am working on phone and it is just hard (for me). And about center scratches should ı delete them completely and make another scratches on the sides or just delete them? And how can I sharpen the edges more?
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't use your imagination purely, you should start from reference, then understand the subject matter (ie. if you want to make antlers, look at how the antlers connect with the head, or how the antlers branch out). Study first then you can have fun with imagination.
  • polarbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    @polarbear: ı know about the shape is broken but ı actually didnt spend much time on it because the owner of the concept (Sherlock) did the low poly so I guessed if he did it then he enjoyed the shape so ı just saved tris made the back part exactly the same of the concept he sent me. So ı didnt even try to change the shape but after I realised that with this shape I cant do the thing he wants so ı just made a very quick design to show him and you guys.

You probably didnt get a lod0 or lod1 version, but just the base mesh. You are supposed to change the basic form. Try using claybuildup for it. You should play with the intesity a little, drag it down to 3 or 5 - with that you should have good control on what happens.
    You need to finish your sculpting before you do the low poly versions.
    @polarbear: About jug mask I will try to make some side look but ı am working on phone and it is just hard (for me). And about center scratches should ı delete them completely and make another scratches on the sides or just delete them? And how can I sharpen the edges more?

If I were you, I'd just get rid of the scratches, try using trimDynamic for that. And you can make the edge sharper with hPolish and Pinch (that's what I would do).
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First of all, I just realised that ı used the wrong normal map in marmoset here is a pic with right normal: (I was made less scratches by a tip from polarbear)
    WbAVwl8.jpg
    And a version without center scratches. (Also a tip from polarbear):
    1JsYBGi.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here is what GhostDetector asked for:
    dFzJbi7.jpg
    WsrdyHw.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @polarbear: I will try the clay buildup part and about the making Lod0 and Lod1 after the scuplt; I never did something like that but ı under stood what you are triying to say and ı will work on that as well.

And about jug sword ı just posted 2 versions of it. Do you still think ı should get rid of all of them or this versions are good.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And an update for promo:
    @GhostDetector I didnt understand the blur part ı duplicated, made it black and white the blured.It is 1 layer under the real one but the reak one is "normal" so the blured layer becomes invisible.
    EdC3VHy.jpg
  • polarbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this version better, but the blade still seems very dull (not sharp). Does it glow ingame too?

What Ghostdetector tried to say is:
    You have one layer with your weapon on it.
    You duplicate that layer.
    You select the lower layer with your sword.
    You apply a Blur Filter to the selected layer. That way your weapon got a little bigger, and blurred.
    Together with your upper sword layer it should look a little like your weapon has some nice rimlighting. You see the sharp sword on the top layer and you see the border of the blurred sword below.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got it! I dont have internet at my computer (using phone) so ı have to go outside to import it to game. And I realised ı forgot to import Ao in marmoset so it is looking very simple when you compare it with the first promo. I will add it tomorrow.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    You need to work on your highpoly/sculpting fundamentals. The sculpting phase should be something where you build the details in sub division- by sub division, or getting rough details with dynamesh and then refining ona final sub division or 2. It looks like you are going really high, then adding details, where you build the details up gradually. And really the brush should cross every poly at some point. Dota items tend to have that hand crafted feel to them that is easily achieved with a process like this. Hope this helps
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @kite: You are right, I was doing that ı will try the things you said in my next items.
    And here is a ingame view of my jug sword.(done in 10 mins with base masks but ı couldnt find how to make the red parts glow.)
    For now ı made particles invisible.
    PH2mz4y.jpg
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just paint the glow and edit the illumination channel (mask1 alpha) and the bloom in the game engine will do the rest.
  • cagdasx44
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a crazy courier idea,
    I couldnt draw it so here is a basic model to explain;
    j40c0yo.jpg
    The idea is, there is a baby tidehunter(cute one with blue eyes) and he is wearing a ship, ship is full of loots. And the back piece is for flying mode. (ı just decimated the tide's original model. Tell me what you think.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And my jug sword is over (at last). Pls give me a vote if you like.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221546572
    1A593DC755BFA88D1C9E51443983D0749F7D323B
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finished the polypaint and ı made 2 versions tell me what you think.
    7wXxX6G.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very base ingame test. Need to make some masks and definitly need to change uv map.
    9HEeEgF.jpg
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    You probably need to at least increase the graphics settings in game to get any kind of true representation of how your work looks. You aren't doing yourself any favors on the workshop by displaying your work with the settings so low.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How the fuck did I forget that?
    Thx hopgood gonna use it
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And with higher textures, need to make some shading as well.
    a0w1qH3.jpg
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    Itd oesn't look like wood and cloth man, looks like paper
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes it does thats why ı need to change it
    Here is some pre changes
    lS1hw5M.jpg
  • polarbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes it does thats why ı need to change it
    Here is some pre changes

You need to change your sculpt, not just the textures. That way you can bake textures that wont make it look like paper.
    And the form is far from natural nor even close to the concept. I know you just took the mesh you were given, but that mesh is bad - go back and work on your basic shape.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    I dont want to offend you but it looks like done in paint, not like a model.
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    Here belkun is designing something that has similar materials (wood and cloth)
    i14NWps.jpg
    I think he was/is streaming his work, maybe checking his work flow will help you out.
    You really need to make better sculpts and bakes before going to texturing.
    I'm a noob myself,and that's why despite of having loads of ideas and concepts I just have few submissions, since I'm still learning 3D sculpting as well.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for all feedback and I know I should change my mesh at the first place but I just thought that noone told that I should change my mesh and after all the works I done (It may look like it is easy but for me it is a lot of hard work) th critism appeared from nowhere and I didnt want to start over. Maybe I should start over or I should just give this concept art back to its owner. I really shouldnt take this concept at the first place, I should have know that I have a lot of way to go before I start working on someone else's concept. Anyways it was a good experience and I am thankful to Sherlock. I will talk to Sherlock about this subject because with my talent this concept will go to nowhere like my other works.

If Sherlock accepts, you will be able to take this concept from Sherlock and make this concept as what it deserves.
  • rebelholic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should promote to reddit.com/r/dota2 to get more audiences like anuxinamoon
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @chiniara: thx! I added you on steam and I almost prepared blockout for the noob challenge, it will good to empty my mind. And I will never stop improving myself and I really think that I have come a long way but there is even longer one ahead.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I already posted this on montly competition thread but anyway I will post it in here as well so pls take a look to my LC concept and dont forget to feedback.
    LjqNTEF.jpg
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I'll bite.

I think there is too much of the dark grey part of blade and not enough of the sharp part.The yellow/brown up top is just too disconnected from the handle.

In the original that seems to be part that hold the blade on, in yours it's floating up there. And the flow of that back edge seems kind of 'muddy'. Different curves, no real strong sense of being. (that being said I don't like the brown/yellow right above the handle in the original either :) - the point sticking down towards hand is ugly)
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    One of the issues i find with a lot of concepts is the feasibility of the shape itself, if a blade looks like it could break when hitting a shield, i dont believe in the concept. I understand this is a fictional fantasy world, filled with magic and stuffz, but still, some laws of physics should apply.

All this rant is to say, the joint between the blade and the base is too thin, and if im understanding correctly, the golden part in the tip would be heavier and extruded from the blade, causing it to be top heavy, and unbalanced...

I took the liberty to try and explain better what i meant with a quick sketch over ur weapon, hope it doesnt bother you.
    LDkK2B9.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for feedback, I finished the bottom part as well and I will definitly work on the issues you said. I hope to post it as soon as possible.
    @Xajai: Your concept is ten times better than mine.
    pUd5z1C.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the changed version of my LC weapon.Right past version, left new version.
    Pls leave some feedbacks.
    o5So7gq.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And the last change on my concept before I start modelling. Right one is the new one. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Jhm5MUL.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a start.
    JiV9r1v.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here is some progress on LC weapon. Done the low poly so take a look and dont forget to feedback.
    zGkyB6w.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is where I went with my LC weapon. I think this is my best work by far. This ia only the color map I am triying to learn about cavity and other maps as well as learn how to merge them into an awesomeness. I still need to do lod1 by hand.
    Feel free to feedback.
    oVmgG5s.jpg
    7jWcOuZ.jpg
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    That looks really nice man! yea, i'm not sure about the cavity maps though