Home General Discussion

Illfonic UNDER ARREST!

Replies

• BadgerBaiter
    Yeah, unfortunately I did miss that bit lol
    When I arrived there, I took a bus into town on my way to my apartment, by the time I got to the bus stop I was desperate for a cigarette... and then proceeded to ask man if he had a fag. This was late at night as well. Almost got my lights punched out. Guess he thought I was propositioning him or something :/ True story. Thankfully I don't smoke anymore, so this mistake won't happen again :p
    It was about 2am I think and literally in the middle of no where - peeing in public is obviously not the greatest thing, but if you have to go, you have to go :/
  • Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    I always thought it was a gross stereotype that US cops where all fat & trigger happy. But look at those chunker muthas go.
  • Mark Dygert
    They're trigger happy because Johnny law typically outweighs his squad car 2:1 and running is an option if they didn't make you piss your pants.

Stop or I'll shoot I'm too fat to chase you screw it, less paperwork, bang bang.

Many a foot chase has been spoiled by a carefully placed bucket of chicken.
  • Generalvivi
    Offline / Send Message
    Generalvivi polycounter lvl 14
    HA! This is awesome! Glad everyone is ok though.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Well you guys have to remember - these cops drove up on a situation that for all they knew the worst case scenario means they get shot by a high caliber weapon that pierces the steel heart plate on their vest and kills them.

being in the game industry we've got a really low chance of getting killed at work - makes us a bit soft and judgmental.
  • Mark Dygert
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/Times-Man-shot-by-officer-was-armed-with-a-3-inch-blade-101926398.html
    I dunno... I hear stories like this and all cops everywhere drop a few notches in my book.

I have gotten 2 bogus speeding tickets since they decided to balance the state budget with traffic fines, but I don't lump traffic cops in with the beat cops.

Beat cops get a little more respect but that's starting to erode away as more and more of them seem to go from zero to twitchy in .02 sec. Those are the ones they need to weed out. Those are not the rock solid career cops we need, they're the ones that either get shot or shoot someone.

I hate to say it but a lot of the cops we have today aren't the right type of people. Those guys joined the military and are off policing other countries and getting their asses blow up. The fill in rookies we have lack the life experience to put things in perspective. It just seems that guys like Birk haven't been through enough to not sweat the little stuff.

We only heard about this because he did such a bad job of covering it up and he shot one of the nicest drunken homeless woodcarvers around. I bought a totem off him on the waterfront, he was odd and stinky but his knife was his paintbrush not a offensive weapon, just talking to him like a human being you see that, but that's not what Birk saw...

I really wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of a cop with a perception problem...
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    My mom was an 911 operator when I was growing up in NY so I knew a bunch of cops, firemen and EMTs. People like scandal so stories of bad cops are more popular than heroic cops - every time you hear a bad story maybe you should balance it out with one from here: The Officer Down Memorial Page
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    The bad thing about cops, is that cops are just like people of every other profession, everywhere. That is to say, they come in all sorts. Some are smart, some are dumb, some are nice, some are mean, some are humble - and civil, some are assholes with a superiority complex.

There's nothing wrong with being different from other folks. But the problem is that unlike other professions, most everyone who's a cop also has a gun.

And that's just plain dumb.

But I still try to treat cops like I treat other people, and just make my judgement calls per situation.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen wrote: »
    The bad thing about cops, is that cops are just like people of every other profession, everywhere. That is to say, they come in all sorts. Some are smart, some are dumb, some are nice, some are mean, some are humble - and civil, some are assholes with a superiority complex.

There's nothing wrong with being different from other folks. But the problem is that unlike other professions, most everyone who's a cop also has a gun.

And that's just plain dumb.

actually they aren't like every other profession, (just speaking from the cops I know) you have to take tests, training, background checks and pass a psychological exam to make sure you aren't a trigger happy psycho.
  • Sean VanGorder
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    actually they aren't like every other profession, (just speaking from the cops I know) you have to take tests, training, background checks and pass a psychological exam to make sure you aren't a trigger happy psycho.

I had to do the same to work as a high school janitor, on account of being around kids.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/Times-Man-shot-by-officer-was-armed-with-a-3-inch-blade-101926398.html
    I dunno... I hear stories like this and all cops everywhere drop a few notches in my book.

How about when an avid gamer kills someone? Does that condemn us all?

There's something like 800,000+ police officers in America.
  • Sean VanGorder
    I never really understood the general distrust that most people have towards the police. Sure, some of them are complete tools, but like Two Listen said, you find people like that everywhere.
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    How about when an avid gamer kills someone? Does that condemn us all?

There's something like 800,000+ police officers in America.

See, that's a good number to run off of.

800,000 people, that's a ton of different personalities, priorities, backgrounds, etc. There's no way to come up with a perfect system for selecting and training that many people, and having them stay that way.

The way I see it, you take into consideration the nature of the job, and you've probably got a majority of cops that are good solid people, and a smaller but still perhaps noticeable percentage of cops who for one reason or another just aren't particularly...your all around nice guys. Maybe they weren't always like that, either.

Regardless - I just figure you handle things on a case by case basis, give people courtesy when you can, and you'll probably be alright.
  • Mark Dygert
    My mom was an 911 operator when I was growing up in NY so I knew a bunch of cops, firemen and EMTs. People like scandal so stories of bad cops are more popular than heroic cops - every time you hear a bad story maybe you should balance it out with one from here: The Officer Down Memorial Page
    I don't know, they sign up for it, they know its a risk, they can do other things and they still go for it.

I don't sign up for it, and the good ones don't put my life on the line while they do their job. If I happen to be in the wrong spot and get the wrong cop, the risk I face can vary greatly depending on how they handle it. It's all about how they perceive the situation.

Memorial sites always put a hyper positive spin on whatever it was.
    "lt john smith was crushed by a piano while writing a parking ticket"
    turns into...
    "lt john smith was heroically attempting to save civilian lives while he worked to secured an unstable crime scene"
    If he was a bank teller, it would read...
    "john smith, died on 6th and pine"

I'm not saying they don't provide a service that require a high level of risk, but a few bad cops actually put the public at more of risk than the majority of good ones. Just like the public can have a perception problem, cops can too, only when I'm wrong about my perception it's not as dire as when they are.

Should we hold them to a higher standard? You better believe it.
  • HornyRhino
    Crazy story. Back when i was living in Mexico i had a couple of friends blow up my rents Pizzeria.
    And the one time i went to see a friend of mine at his school, talked to him for a bit and then they sent me out of the school with a warning to never come back, so me as stubborn as always i went back, but to not get caught i went to the back of the school, talked to my friend for a good 20 Min and then all of a sudden the cops come up and ask me for my license. I had been going around without one, i had never even gone for my license exam so they took my Bike from me. Got my bike back and again stubborn as all hell i went back but this time i was with my friend i had accompanied him to see his girlfriend, the cops rock up and the one cop jumps out of the car without even stopping the damn vehicle and comes up at me with a shotgun and started yelling "What the fuck you doing here? get the fuck outta here" in Spanish though :P so i said alright and tried calling my friend but the damned cop loaded the shotgun so i figured it was time to get the hell outta there, i later came back for my friend about 4 hours later.

Worst one was throwing a Acid Molotov at a Cops car, damn over weight i got caught in seconds spent the night in jail cold as all hell, lucky had the cell to myself. so those are my stories :D
  • r_fletch_r
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    necroing a thread with a description of how much of an asshole you are.

smooth.
  • mdeforge
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    This thread is the most resilient thread ever.
  • whats_true
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    HornyRhino wrote: »
    Crazy story. Back when i was living in Mexico i had a couple of friends blow up my rents Pizzeria.
    And the one time i went to see a friend of mine at his school, talked to him for a bit and then they sent me out of the school with a warning to never come back, so me as stubborn as always i went back, but to not get caught i went to the back of the school, talked to my friend for a good 20 Min and then all of a sudden the cops come up and ask me for my license. I had been going around without one, i had never even gone for my license exam so they took my Bike from me. Got my bike back and again stubborn as all hell i went back but this time i was with my friend i had accompanied him to see his girlfriend, the cops rock up and the one cop jumps out of the car without even stopping the damn vehicle and comes up at me with a shotgun and started yelling "What the fuck you doing here? get the fuck outta here" in Spanish though :P so i said alright and tried calling my friend but the damned cop loaded the shotgun so i figured it was time to get the hell outta there, i later came back for my friend about 4 hours later.

Worst one was throwing a Acid Molotov at a Cops car, damn over weight i got caught in seconds spent the night in jail cold as all hell, lucky had the cell to myself. so those are my stories :D

You have a bright future ahead of you dude....
  • Matabus
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    necroing a thread with a description of how much of an asshole you are.

smooth.

Yeah ... WTF?
  • EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    Oh god I hope you're not a Producer... Rhino..
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    HornyRhino wrote: »
    I am a moron

Yes you are.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I don't even what in the
This discussion has been closed.