Home Unreal Engine

Matinee Import from 3D Studio Max (world position not correct?)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the whole export/import from UE4 to 3D Studio Max and back.

It appears that exporting the data/entire scene from matinee and importing it into 3D Studio Max works just fine, but it looks like when I export my scene from 3d studio max using fbx 2012 with baked animation/resample all and reimport it into matinee all of the objects get pushed around/meshed up in both position and rotation, although it looks like my simple test of translating an object up and down was successfully imported.

I did change the settings to z-up which seemed to fix everything being rotated to the side, although the positions are still drastically messed up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wondering if it has something to do with either world position or perhaps the unit scale on exporting. I'd love to get this to work as I have a lot of objects that need object translate/rotate-type animations in a scene and it's so much faster for me to keyframe it in 3D Studio Max. (buildings rising, cars/trains following paths, objects building "built" etc. basically everything that could be solved in the movement track)

Thanks

[EDIT] Link Fixed: Recorded a short video of a simple test as I'm trying to make it work, showing the general problem.

http://youtu.be/GpV31euUkzo