Home Unreal Engine

Save Point concept idea.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
Hello, I recently started migrating my game project to Unreal Engine 4 because I found out it's more easier to work with than unity 4.6. So, at the moment, I only have this idea of save point concept I have, I do plan using the particles effect because it seem easy to use. Unfortunately, I'm at the moment got stuck with some problems I'm facing... There the pic that i drew:

savepoint_idea.png

There the full concept art:

save_point_concept.png

As you can see, it have some complexity to get rendered into UE4 that I wasn't able to achieve it... Not yet.

And there the texture I already made which you can experiment with it :

SavePoint1.png

The pic is separate by channel because it will save me alot of ram and draw calls :)

I'm hoping you will be able to give me some hints for making this save point working! :D

Replies

• Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    Looks like a cool challenge, the particle system may use 3 or 4 emitters to achieve that result. Don't worry about placing them perfectly into your sphere's mesh just create a Blueprint and place it as a component manually until it looks cool.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    Finalhart wrote: »
    Looks like a cool challenge, the particle system may use 3 or 4 emitters to achieve that result. Don't worry about placing them perfectly into your sphere's mesh just create a Blueprint and place it as a component manually until it looks cool.

i agree, i need to do some pratice to achieve that result!

so far, i managed to get it :

save_point_test.png

i used 3 static meshes and one particle emitter which it's already good enough but as you can see, i'm still far away from the result i wanted.
  • Finalhart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finalhart polycounter lvl 6
    Are you using GPU particles for the little bubbles? For what i have in mind it would be very easy to set up with just using Aceleration module. Also for the colour are you setting them above value of "1"? Everything above that gives a nice emissive which is usually the case for every emitter you want to have.