Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sharktipede!

Comments and crits welcome! Just a personal project after watching cheesy/awesome shark movies like Sharknado!

1235314_10200526511236486_53328093_n.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It's a pretty nifty design, but it's all a bit soft and squidgy at this stage. You need to pull out your Hard Polish and Damian Standard and get to sharpening it all up.
  • Clintus Maximus
    Jackablade: Thanks!

Sharktipede progress people! He's coming together! So after some reviews from people i decided to go with the smoothe shark belly. I think i like it. Im happy with his over-all form since adding the smaller fins and fixing the tail... Havent addressed the legs yet and starting detail passes. Any thoughts comments critiques and/or ideas are all welcome! Thanks for all the help so far!

1236922_10200537828879420_340608132_n.jpg
  • Dimfist
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    I would make the legs a bit more aqueous since you have a hybrid going. This could be a swamp dweller that spends equal time on and off land. As it stands it seems land based as far as movement but half of its attributes are water form. Hope that makes sense. Overall I really like your design. It's fun!
  • Clintus Maximus
    Thank you very much for your feedback! The idea actually was to have him be able to operate and be terrifying both on land and off. He is not water specific. So while i see your point i want him to look like he could fit on land as well as in water.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    as said, if the ends of the legs were slightly more hyrdodynamic (hope thats a word if not it shoudl be) and fin like i think it would work better

also might look col if the gills were armored like the back
  • Clintus Maximus
    Finally finished Sharktipede! Final image, polypaint, and detail turn arounds. First attempt at a nice render using Zbrush lighting and redering. Lesson learned: i need to practice that lol. Anybody have any good video links for learning how to make sexy renders?

Thank you for all the responses and i chose to stick with the centipede legs simple because i feel like they make him look creepier lol. All feed back was appreciated and also considered FYI

Anyway!! C&C welcome! This was just for fun and to try to get better. Thinking about making him into a mini so i can have him sitting on my desk.....
  • Clintus Maximus
    Due to reviews i attempted to touch up my project Sharktipede! I want to make him as awesome as possible so please comments and critiques are more than welcome!! Thank you!

Sharktipede_Turnaround_01_zpsef354dae.jpg
    Sharktipede_Turnaround_02_zpsa23b831c.jpg