Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Strong-man Circus Braum

EDIT:
Here are some quite small thumbnails for possible composition ideas. I want to reflect his kindness and strength so I have been playing with a few ideas on how I could go about showing that. Next I plan to have a few variations of shield designs "a la" Steampunk drawn up.

Braum%2Bprocess%2B1.jpg

Here are some costume designs for my entry for the Riot League of Legends contest. I am looking into hair cuts, and steam punk ideas to help with the design for the shield and belts and such. Then I will start some quick tumbnails for the illustration and colours keys and the usual illustration process. If anyone knows of any sites or such where I can get some good reference for 1950s circusness please feel free to share their knowledge :)

Braum%2Bprocess%2B2.jpg

EDIT UPDATE:

So I have been looking up steam punk things and circus themes for the shield and decided upon a lion head design to replace the ram head on the shield, it will be more wooden and metalic than the stone one to fit with the new circus 1950s steampunk look.

Braum%2Bprocess%2B3.jpg

UPDATE:
Here is a potentcial thumbnail of Braum performing in the centre of the circus. Perhaps I could have oter league circus characters performing in the background for interest.
thumb.jpg

UPDATE:

Not much to say, rough drawing before I go over to the clean drawing. Please feel free to give me any advice or opinions before I set this in stone :)

Braum%2Bprocess%2B4.jpg

UPDATE: Lines
Braum%2Bprocess%2B6%2Bsmall.jpg

UPDATE:
Some tonal thumbnails:
Braum%2Bprocess%2B9.jpg

Braum%2Bprocess%2B10.jpg

UPDATE: Coloour keys

braum%2Bcolours.jpg

UPDATE: Flat colours

flats.jpg

UPDATE: