Home Technical Talk

Intuos Pro - Stroke delay/Snap lag

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
I don't really know what to call this type of lag I'm getting with my Intuos Pro tablet.
There is a slight delay that happens the moment my pen touches the surface to make a stroke, It only lasts about .4 of a second but the cursor will remain stationary then SNAP to the current location. I also noticed Zbrush prompts "Tablet services not available" when ever this happens.

It's making Zbrush almost impossible to navigate when timing your key presses and it's making my strokes look awful.

As soon as the cursor snaps then it's back to being nice and smooth.

I've tried restarting the Wacom service in the services.msc panel, This only seems to work for 5 minutes and it breaks the drivers/properties so I'm forced to use my tablet in a right handed orientation (I'm left handed, rendering all tablet keys useless)

The only true way of fixing it is to completely restart my computer and even then after a few hours it comes back.

EDIT* I've found that resetting all my preferences causes it to work again, but this is still super annoying to do every time I need to work, If any one has any suggestions or real fixes they would be greatly appreciated.

Replies