Home Dota 2

Do you still make single items?

Replies

• bounchfx
    I can understand that... but then why don't they even post to their own website? What about dota.dev? If anything, it's the most appropriate place for this kind of thing. Ask if they would prefer all of our feedback to be given through dota.dev, or if they have any other kind of forum this would go to.

Also, it's kind of shit that we have to go through you to speak with them at all. Nothing against you, but it feels.... broken.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    It's understandable why they don't want to use polycount for that, I wouldn't say respectable though, but why don't they just use their own forums more often, make dota2.dev the go to place for information? Like the recent switch in policy change reguarding tournaments. Explain why they could have easily taken 5 minutes to post a thread announcing it weeks ago and avoided the wasted time spend on item submissions.
  • cottonwings
    I love polycount, but I don’t want to post there and give the impression that it’s the go-to place for information. Much like I don’t want to pick winners with contributors, I don’t want to pick winners among the websites.

Cosmetic_icon_36_-_Emerald_Polycount_Collection.png?version=c3224cf97750b52d423bff6362a6aa3a
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Cosmetic_icon_36_-_Emerald_Polycount_Collection.png?version=c3224cf97750b52d423bff6362a6aa3a

Not indicative of their current status now, obviously.
  • Paskie
    This is great news indeed. Think it will boost the confidence of a lot of workshopers that have not had any items in or for long time. The journey continues :)
  • Bernoully
    Offline / Send Message
    Bernoully polycounter lvl 4
    Awesome, thanks a lot Anuxi! Hopefully they're doing more Blacksmith's Blessing-styled chests for the single items.
  • SLIMEface
    Offline / Send Message
    SLIMEface polycounter lvl 7
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WORKSHOP EQUALITY GIFFEN!
  • MdK
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Great news. Thanks Anuxi!
  • cottonwings
    Not indicative of their current status now, obviously.

At least Valve answered all the important questions this time, they delivered communication at last! Thank you so much Anuxi, I appreciate your effort to help our workshop community. <3 Spirits up now guys!
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    I love polycount, but I don’t want to post there and give the impression that it’s the go-to place for information. Much like I don’t want to pick winners with contributors, I don’t want to pick winners among the websites.

The least they should do is put it up in the news section even the dota 2 test client news would suffice.
    How hard is it to say, we aren't going to add singles for the next couple months.
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I can understand that... but then why don't they even post to their own website? What about dota.dev? If anything, it's the most appropriate place for this kind of thing. Ask if they would prefer all of our feedback to be given through dota.dev, or if they have any other kind of forum this would go to.

Also, it's kind of shit that we have to go through you to speak with them at all. Nothing against you, but it feels.... broken.

I feel like they don't really care about artists.
    They care about the players and that's what they spend their time on.
    For them:
    Players(7 million) > Players that buy stuff > Players that are active in community > Community artists (~100)

Thanks a lot anuxi
    It's funny, if anuxi wasn't nice enough to share this with us, valve would have shared the info with only 1 person! What's up with them? What if one doesn't get to read all this thread, like I did?!

Maybe we should open a Sticky thread and name it "Workshop SecretS!!!" and share the info that we get from valve that are not officially out (like this one or that tournament thing), but then the artists that don't use polycount won't get nothing...
    Hopeless!
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Reza wrote: »
    I feel like they don't really care about artists.
    They care about the players and that's what they spend their time on.
    For them:
    Players(7 million) > Players that buy stuff > Players that are active in community > Community artists (~100)

In reality 7 million potential customers < community artists. Why? Because if there is no product there are no customers.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    "We have two ready or almost ready to go, but recently we’ve been doing experiments with the set treasures since that’s an entirely new feature."

Two chests?

I mean, doesn't doing single item chests all done by one artist/group kinda defeat the purpose entirely? Hopefully that isn't the case and we'll see more traditional single chests, but until that happens I'm reserving my judgements. :thumbup:
  • Hudston
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    I might consider holding my breath again!
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Hudston wrote: »
    I might consider holding my breath again!

This!
  • SLIMEface
    Offline / Send Message
    SLIMEface polycounter lvl 7
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WORKSHOP EQUALITY RETRACTED PENDING FURTHER INVESTIGATION!
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    "We have two ready or almost ready to go, but recently we’ve been doing experiments with the set treasures since that’s an entirely new feature."

Two chests?

I mean, doesn't doing single item chests all done by one artist/group kinda defeat the purpose entirely? Hopefully that isn't the case and we'll see more traditional single chests, but until that happens I'm reserving my judgements. :thumbup:

Why do you think that's what he's talking about? They've probably put together their own chests of a various items like they always do.
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Why do you think that's what he's talking about? They've probably put together their own chests of a various items like they always do.

Well, the first chest has had its items already in the game in one of the previous patches. The second chest got a nice chunk of votes. Now factor in that they mentioned two single item chests and you got a pretty indication of what they are.

Ofcourse, all speculation.
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Well, the first chest has had its items already in the game in one of the previous patches. The second chest got a nice chunk of votes. Now factor in that they mentioned two single item chests and you got a pretty indication of what they are.

Ofcourse, all speculation.

Right, but just like everyone speculated that single items are dead it's pointless until there's tangible information to base these speculations off. All it accomplishes is stirring up fear and worry in the community.
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Right, but just like everyone speculated that single items are dead it's pointless until there's tangible information to base these speculations off. All it accomplishes is stirring up fear and worry in the community.

It isn't completely pointless. It raises to Valve, who read this forums, our concern regarding such a possible situation.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message

Until there's tangible information to base these speculations off? Like Prosto coming into the hangouts and talking about a communication chain between him and valve asking for cleanup and refined chest art?

I'm not saying it's going to happen or hope that it does, but until anything happens, anything is a possibility. Especially with the experimental bunch that Valve is. Besides, it's not like the workshop community hasnt been worrying for the last several months, that whole outburst after Anuxi getting her second chest should be indicative of that. Hey, at least we've seen them respond in some way to that by putting sets in by newer artist, just gotta get that reddit post on the front page.
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    Until there's tangible information to base these speculations off? Like Prosto coming into the hangouts and talking about a communication chain between him and valve asking for cleanup and refined chest art?
    [/URL]

That's interesting I did not know that, I understand why you would be concerned then. Don Don's items have also been in the game for like six months at this point too so they seem to be ready to go at any point.
    I'm not saying it's going to happen or hope that it does, but until anything happens, anything is a possibility. Especially with the experimental bunch that Valve is. Besides, it's not like the workshop community hasnt been worrying for the last several months, that whole outburst after Anuxi getting her second chest should be indicative of that. Hey, at least we've seen them respond in some way to that by putting sets in by newer artist, just gotta get that reddit post on the front page.

Yeah I definitely agree that it is a possibility and probably wouldn't be a great move for Workshop morale (or it would at least result in dozens of chests being made by small groups). But with there being a patch probably today or tomorrow I just feel like it's worth waiting and seeing at this point and then acting accordingly.