Home General Discussion

Something people don't know about you

Replies

• adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Some more tidbits:

-When I was about 13 I drank 12 cans of 7-UP in about 3 hours. As soon as the 12th one was finished I broke out in hives all over my body and stayed that way for about 4 days. Going to school for those days was interesting.

-I have 5 best friends, whom are all best friends with one another. We've been best friends since grade 4 or so and haven't lost contact since, and chat regularily. Needless to say when I get married I'll have to have 5 best men smile.gif

-Despite what people say around here (!!!) I've never done any drug 'cept smoke pot and eat some mushrooms.

-On 2 seperate occasions I've seen the CEO of 2 seperate MAJOR game development companies at their total and utter worst. Not a pretty thing to witness.
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I have one extra vertebrae in my lower spine.

I most likely have some mental disorder, but I don't care to find out for sure.

I like to cook.

I'm good with my hands. laugh.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    I'm a great shot with a rubber band, I've killed a spider that was on a wall 15-16ft away. It could have been dead already and just stuck to the wall, but I claim the kill.

I also have very quick unexpected reflexes. When I try to use them I'm off by miles but when it counts like a glass falling off the table, or someone tosses something my way, they kick in. It's often fallowed by "Oooh do that again," then something smacks me in the face and 15sec later I grab for it.

Almost totally useless, almost unknown.
  • Whargoul
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I've never driven a standard.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sure I've bitched about it before: my legs are all effed up, I can't jump, can barely run and I'm prone to falling down without warning and I'm pretty bitter about the whole thing.
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I fuck up cute cats in various interesting ways so that Arshlevon can photograph them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahah, awesome, ME TOO!!! However I have sex with them before passing them on for photographing.

poop.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daz, didn't you just say in Arsh's thread you'd wish people would drop it? Odd you'd continue about it here :\

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but I meant drop being a cunt about it. I'm making light of it. Not so odd after all.
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    my dad once sucked off vincent price in the back of a taxi

true!

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to elaborate on this story dan. Thats some claim to fame.
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    i won the illustrious title of little mr. miss america when i was 8 years old.
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Chunkey
    "I have a very large tongue."
    like mine?
    http://tgz3d.com/rockon.jpg
  • Nogan
    When I was really young, I swore to god I saw a tirangular-looking space ship fly overhead, but I couldn't see it that well from where I was standing.

Now that I think about it, it was probably an airplane.
  • swampbug
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have a very large tongue.

But no pretty girlfriend... frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAhahah same ! I can curl my tougue back into my throat then upwards and cover an opening to a nasal passage and fondle my adnoids.
  • bearkub
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    I am named after a famous major league baseball player that my dad pulled from a plane in WW2 when he was on crash crew.
  • TomDunne
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Your dad saved Ted Williams? That's pretty fucking cool.

Both my first and middle names are taken from my parents' middle names. I'm boring smile.gif
  • Psyk0
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    -I can crack most of my bones: neck, upper/lower back, legs, knees etc.

-I can do the split.

-I can dislocate my shoulder blades.

-I've had kidney problems (they say it's a miracle i'm still alive).

-I've seen a ghost.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    I was a finalist in the dutch version of Idols(or.. american idol, or whatever its called in your country).

Because of the whole Idols thing I kissed with 2 dutch celebrities and had sex with one of them :P

Me and 2 friends of mine have a hobby called 'urban exploring' in wich you explore old abandoned urban buildings... one time we found a half rotting dead body of a homeless woman under a big pile of clothes in the cellar of an abandoned factory. Thats was some fucking shocking shit.

I had sex with my ex in the eiffeltower.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    once my mate had a birthday party when we were younger (16-17 I guess) and we all got WAY OTT mortal. Me and a mate got hospitalized that evening, boy I was in deep shit after that. I later learned that even while I was zonked out in a corner my caring mates were still buying me drinks. yay

edit: I'm also in the same boat with Entity with the redheads. hawt
  • Jaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    -I'm 17
    -I live on a farm. I can see hippos, buck and giraffe from my house
    -I've met Brad Pitt
    -I have a mild case of insomnia
    -I would do almost anything to make it into the industry one day smile.gif
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've never driven a standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.
  • low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    on a more serious note...

I'm related to Wyatt Erp...My Fiance's distant cousin is Edgar Allen Poe. I was 3 months shy of being born in Therso Scotland. I have 3 Tattos, 3 dogs, 1 cat, and about 45,0000 dollars in school loans. I was the lead singer for the Death Metal Band Dominus (the US..not Sweedish incarnation of the band, and I almost fell off the Acropolis in Athens when i was 7.
  • Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    My aunt is Ted Bundy's sister.
  • swampbug
    Offline / Send Message
    I am related to the late Robert Urich. Man who hosted, "When animals attack", Captain of the "New love boat", spokesman for sonicare toothbrushes, and to top that all off an then some main hero in Ice pirates.

8977718.jpg
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Keyser, I have been diagnosed

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the initiator is Vodka/Red-Bull :P

I have eczhema on 3 fingers of my right hand. Flareups are rare.
    I have social anxiety disorder. I don't like being in crowded places with people I do not know. I don't like people I don't know touching me. I'll clam up and get very nervous, sweating a lot. I started suffering from this when I was 19/20 yrs old
    I have tinnitus. Ringing in the ears that never goes away. Side effect of playing e-guitar very loud, concerts and loud headphones.
    I'm possibly suffering from mild depression. Side effect of losing hope in many things. I should see a shrink, no? :P

Yeah. That's enough info for now. :P
  • Mark Dygert
    [ QUOTE ]

-I would do almost anything to make it into the industry one day smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds like you need to talk to danr's dad. He might have a few tricks for ya wink.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I've been in Silver Dream Racer, and I've beaten a mugger to a bloody pulp. I just spent 400 quid on a skirt for myself.
  • Vermeulen
    Offline / Send Message
    Vermeulen polycounter lvl 18
    I had a very large birthmark on the side of my face since I was born, pretty much two-face, and took extremely painful laser treatments to remove it from the age of 3-18
    it's faded, but now i am fairly numb to any kind of pain except for heat, which i strangely seem to be extra sensitive to
  • erik!
    There's a tree planted in my name, complete with a plaque, in front of the city hall in Atwater, CA.
  • Ryno
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    - I was captain and MVP of my high school football team (American football).
    - I used to drive London-style double decker busses in college.
    - I whack people with sticks for fun. (Filipino martial arts).
    - I have a very high pain tolerance.
    - I've got a hell of a wine cellar.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I was in the 1989 movie, Shag ( http://imdb.com/title/tt0098300/ )
    We were on family vacation to Myrtle Beach, where they were filming, and they needed extras for the background.

I won a ton of Magic: the Gathering tournaments back in high school, to the point noone would play me. So I retired my decks and became a judge running events for local comic book shop. Got out of it all because I honestly couldn't stand the people anymore.

I have a metal plate in my arm.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    My parents named me after Justin Hayward and Ray Thomas of the Moody Blues so they wouldn't upset any family members by choosing one traditional family name over the other.

count the letters in my name
    Justin Thomas Meisse = 666, Ronald Wilson Reagan wasn't the antichrist, I am, mwuhahahahaha!
  • swampbug
    Offline / Send Message
    The first real life naked woman I ever saw was in Munich Germany 1992. I was 11.
  • gavku
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    I held my brother when he died...........he had cystic fibrosis.
  • Mark Dygert
    [ QUOTE ]
    - I whack people with sticks for fun. (Filipino martial arts).

[/ QUOTE ]
    And by Filipino martial arts, he means Viva Pinata.
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I held my brother when he died...........he had cystic fibrosis.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that is seriously terribly sad and shockingly quite tragic! that's quite serious a fact. i love my brother very much and this would kill me, i hate to even think of it. i'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    -I was in a ballet once, I was a husband in the party scene of the Nutcracker. Three shows of 600 (I think) people.

-When strangers ask for directions to somewhere, if I don't know where it is I sometimes get this unusual nervousness feeling like I should know, so I pretend that I do.

-I like Star Trek.

I just thought, imagine if Jack Thompson or any anti-gamer read this thread. Imagine the terrified mothers, reading about game developpers fucking up cats without realising the joke behind it. They'd think we're all crazy
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i won the illustrious title of little mr. miss america when i was 8 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]
    HAHAHAHAHA!

I won best a hair-do contest when I was 14 in a contest I didn't even enter. One of the judges pulled me out from the crowd and declared me the winner. I won $50 and some hair products.

I used to win dance competitions a lot at the local blue light disco when I was younger. I can't dance for shit these days.

In Europe about 11 years ago while driving into Austria (I think it was Austria), we spent about 5 hours at the border to organise a visa for me to enter the country. So as we drove out into Germany, my uncle got me to hide under a bunch of shit in the back of the van to sneak me through the border so we wouldn't have to waste more time.
    We later found out I didn't need a visa for Germany.

My right foot is half a shoe size longer than the left.

-caseyjones
  • Hollowmind
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    My name was supposed to be Robert Dale Askren instead of Richard Lee Askren (Robert and Dale are the names of my grandfathers) but the doctors didn't think I'd survive so they gave that name to their 2nd son, my twin brother. tongue.gif It's ok though, Dick is a sweet nickname!
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I have social anxiety disorder. I don't like being in crowded places with people I do not know. I don't like people I don't know touching me. I'll clam up and get very nervous, sweating a lot. I started suffering from this when I was 19/20 yrs old
    I have tinnitus. Ringing in the ears that never goes away. Side effect of playing e-guitar very loud, concerts and loud headphones.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have these two too although they are no secret for my friends and family. I actually joined a drawing group 2 months ago and had only 3 or 4 short conversations with people until now, damn. But that's better than how it used to be smile.gif
    I always believed that I got tinnitus in the accident which broke my nose but it seems that the reasons you wrote had some effect in my case too. I listen to music whenever there's no other sound around to suppress the ringing. I'd listen to water/rain sounds in the past but that's not much different than listening to music I guess.
  • nealb4me
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Smalltalk gives me the shits and I sometimes wait twice as long as I should between haircuts. To avoid inane false interrogation by hairdressers :P I do realise it's a fundamental form of communication between humans and I am getting better at it, though I would really rather sit in silence while getting my hair cut and dishing out the odd order laugh.gif
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I was a military policeman back in the late 80's and was in the metroplitan police cadets briefly.

I worked in the studio next to 'peter blake' in hammersmith and he kind of grunted towards me when I passed him one day.
    I am also slightly mad:)
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I was once bitten by a parrot.

My parents and I have nine degrees between us.

I once ate some bits of firelighter when I was a kid (I've since moved onto haggis which is much nicer).
  • dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    -I'm apparently the most boring person here...
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I have a scar on my left hand's middle finger, from trying to break up a fight between pet guinea pigs and one of the lil bastards biting down to the bone.

One of my earliest times building my own computer I melted the processor onto the motherboard when I put the proc fan on the wrong way. The proc was already defective, but the mobo couldve been useful!

During high school I managed to get into the top 10 of the rankings for Firearms Half Life, damn I loved that mod!

I too can be socially awkward, while I can carry on small talk for hours, I tend to shift a LOT, and if I'm eating somewhere, I'll drink water constantly, I'll get my glass refilled a good 5-6 times by the waiter in the span of a 40 minute meal.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    In grade 9 me and 2 other friends (mistakingly) burnt an entire farmers field to ashes. It was old crop, nothing fresh, but imagine the amount of smoke....

I had my first job interview ever that day as well, it was at McDonald's. My hair was fried, my eyebrows were gone, and I stunk like burning just a little bit. I got the job too smile.gif
  • WickedFingers
    I always seemed to have giant boners in class every now and again for no apparent reason. I had to tuck it under my leg when it was time to leave the room acting as if I had a natural limp in my step. Those were the days.

This is my first post and a great ice breaker, be gentle.
  • steady
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    LOL wickedfingers, I relate to that, highschool was a difficult time...

welcome to polycount smile.gif

One time in college this drunk guy peed on our door, and me and my roommate told him to clean it up and the guy was not listening to us, so we did the ole "friend crouches down behind him and the other one pushes" and we got him down on the floor, tied his shoes together, tied his hands and feet up with belts and wires, and dragged him into our closet where we yelled at him until he apologized and then we let him go free and he cleaned it up like a good boy. Man, torture sure is awesome.
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I always seemed to have giant boners in class every now and again for no apparent reason. I had to tuck it under my leg when it was time to leave the room acting as if I had a natural limp in my step. Those were the days.

This is my first post and a great ice breaker, be gentle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best first post, ever!!! Welcome to Polycount!
  • Paul Jaquays
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    No real shockers here:

After working the midnight shifts at a couple radio stations, I decided against a career as a radio announcer.

The Colecovision version of Donkey Kong was my first published video game. I was essentially the "lead designer" on it.

I'm personally responsible for the 13 second delay for the Title Screen in the start-up process of the Colecovision.

I've been a cancer survivor for nearly 12 years.

Science Fiction author Michael A. Stackpole was my room mate for about 3 months back in the early 80s (before he was a published author).

I know both the guys who created Dungeons & Dragon (Gygax & Arneson). I worked with Arneson briefly during my tenure at Coleco.

I put together what may have been one of the first game art and design teams back in 192-83 at Coleco. Up until then design and art were usually done by programmers.

I got married again this past summer. My wife and I met through match.com and married after dating long distance for two years (I'm in Dallas, she was in Atlanta).

Speaking of multiple personalties, about 12 years ago, the wife of a friend was diagnosed as possibly being the most profoundly multiple person in the US at the time (she had roughly 50 people sharing the same body). It was not a fun time for her or her family. Though she is not "cured", she leads a reasonably normal life.
  • Motz
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    You guys would love Post Secret:
    http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

I'm too embarresed to post anything of mine. But I have sent a postcard to the post secret project. I never looked to see if it made the books or web site.
  • CMB
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    Me,my family and my neighborhood are perfect Italian stereotypes.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Cool Paul, I'm a big fan of Stackpole's work in the Battletech series.

Grats on the marriage and 12 years surviving smile.gif