Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[STADIUM] Aussie Football, Zerogun

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Zerogun polycounter lvl 9
Okay. This one looks interesting as had me brain storming like a typhoon. I decided to go on something barely anyone understands: Australian Rules Football. It was either this or Calvin Ball (but this is an impossibility).

So I think I got an idea laid out, sketches and moodboard up in the next day or two.

Replies

• Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
  • Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay Men, Women, weird other things, this is where I need your help. I have two concept art pieces and need a direction on which way to go. Mind you I am a 3D Artist, not a concept artist, so my work may look loose and crappy.

Here are the choices. I call them:

Iron Jaw Field
    6434636043_b0d61136f9_b.jpg

Dragon Spine Arena
    6434636133_d569aec520_b.jpg
  • Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, for clarification. The red stuff is suppose to be lava and the green stuff is suppose to be acid. I don't like doing concept art because it's not my field.
  • ScudzAlmighty
  • slipsius
    This is suppose to be real sports. You know? Sports with over time. not rematches a week later? :P

just kiddin ;) Im with scudz. iron jaw acid. i reeeally like the concept actually. Though, isnt the field more of a circle? I remember it being a complete circle, but i only ever watched it when i visited aus last year durin the grand final match, so im probably wrong
  • Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
    A real sport? Like Texas Hold 'Em Poker? Hurr Hurr Hurr (I feel backlash coming on this one)

Yeah, I saw the fields were either circle or oval. And remember, I don't do concept art. It probably was my attempt at a circle, albeit a poor one. 3D layout to come soon.
  • jmonsterman
    Offline / Send Message
    jmonsterman polycounter lvl 10
  • Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah yeah, I know. I blame retail hell this year. Or that they decided to unload so many awesome games on us. Anywho.
    6462562531_5c874b6632.jpg
    6462562567_f5fd37c2a3.jpg
    6462562637_eeb8b77065.jpg

This skull is bugging me a bit. Any suggestions? I'm thinking either grow the field or shrink the skull. I'm worried about changing the size, as I want the field to be "bitten" by the skull and changing sizes would make the finger bones look odd (yes it's a fantasy creature, but still).

More updates soon.
  • GragGunslinger
    Offline / Send Message
    GragGunslinger polycounter lvl 7
    I think the bottom jaw needs to be a little bit bigger, or the top one be a little bit smaller, to balance it with the stadium. Otherwise I think it looks pretty cool!

What are you going to do with the environment outside of the "arena" ?
  • Zerogun
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I am gonna pop the skull pieces into zBrush and have my way with them. I mean... errr... yeah, make them look pretty.

As for the outside arena, I'm thinking a dungeon design with openeings/balconies for people to look at. I want to make the dungeon outside are to be the cheap seats. The arches I made on the grey walls are suppose to be arches for the seats, but I was rage quitting on those (thus the crappy quality).
  • PhattyEwok
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    I'm no expert but I think if you played with the proportions of the skull and hands a bit more you can pull off some more character in your environment.

Right now I think they are to thin and lengthy giving it a shallower feel than the big colossal look in the concept.