Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

animation bug?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Joepie polycounter lvl 2
He,

I recently finished my machine, object how ever you want to call it.
Kz9WYB8.png
And Now I want to animate it but when I click on the time line this happens.
lDVzjj3.png
I haven't animated anything so I don't know what happens. I have used constraints and aim constraints and the nurb circles to turn the machine. Please help

Greetings,

Joep

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    This is probably due to the setup of your rig and how your constraints were made/if you froze transforms on your objects and where you rigged the entire thing.

I think theres too much to troubleshoot with this but I could be mistaken. Screencaps of your hierarchy, your constraint nodes and any joints would be a good start.
  • lamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamb polycounter lvl 7
    Are you sure that the starting position of the model is correct? I do not do animation in 3D but when working on the timeline in PS for 2D, it happens that I accidentally move the initial frame. This is probably just vaguely relevant though.
  • Joepie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joepie polycounter lvl 2
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    This is probably due to the setup of your rig and how your constraints were made/if you froze transforms on your objects and where you rigged the entire thing.

I think theres too much to troubleshoot with this but I could be mistaken. Screencaps of your hierarchy, your constraint nodes and any joints would be a good start.

He, if this is what u mean. and if it is the freeze transform. can I just remove those? and will it be fixxed. Kwqsyn8.png
  • PeteHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteHawk polycounter lvl 12
    I cannot say much without looking at it properly but you really need to clean your objects/scene up. Remove any nodes you don't need, freeze transforms and then, only when everything is cleaned you should move onto constraints.

Name everything for good practice too, that way you can find where things are easier, and also make our life a little easier too when trying to give you a fix :)