Home Dota 2

Foes Workshop Thread

Foe
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Foe polycounter lvl 5
Hello gentlemen,

I am here with a planned return to the workshop scene with many sets by the end of the year. So far I have been setting up my process from start to completion. So far, So good. However, I need some opinions for this set to start off with. I am skeptical that this will fly in the current color scheme as it breaks the color palette of tidehunter. Given that I have little idea what valve demands stay in line. Do you viewers agree or disagree that this is pitch-able in the workshop?

TIDE-TEST.jpg

image%281%29.pngimage%282%29.pngimage%283%29.png

Replies

• Primrose~
    Offline / Send Message
    Primrose~ triangle
    Howdy there foes! Me and a few other mates were the first ever cosmetic creators for tidehunter, and I was the texture artist in that instance. Back during that time, we were blessed to have 100% direct communication with artists on the dota team through a private forum which is long gone now, however! The items we made in particular that they were iffy on before shipping, were the back-ache, excavators treasure, and the cerebral support.

Their issues they had with it, (and they've seemed to actually stick to this philosophy well enough with shiped tide items ) was that items needed to properly compliment and transition with tidehunters unmistakable green pallette. We had to add a green gradient and completely change the color of the Raw-Hide item.

All in all, I think that you're going to not only meet some none-too-positive feedback from the workshop, but, I also feel that the Dota 2 team would also have a pretty big issue with it. Visually, if quite a few things were changed on it, I feel you'd have a better chance!
  • Foe
    Offline / Send Message
    Foe polycounter lvl 5
    So, I started off on the back first, to remedy this set, and change the rest into the green color scheme of things.New_Back_Concept.PNGNEW%20BACK.PNG
  • Foe
    Offline / Send Message
    Foe polycounter lvl 5
    My Tidehunter set is done!
    Marketing_Turntable.gif
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    I really like what you did with the head item! Just worried how it will look in portrait.
  • Swaggernaut
    Offline / Send Message
    Swaggernaut polycounter lvl 2
    Wow, definitely better than the previous version, great job!
  • Foe
    Offline / Send Message
    Foe polycounter lvl 5
    I will post more Marketing images as I finish them
    TIdehunter_Marketing_Storefront.png
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    ur work is starting to look rly promissing mate.
    one little thing i dont understand is why the handle of the weapon is glowing.
    with this u create a designhighlight on a point that is not rly important and the way more important upper ending of the weapon is de-highlighted a bit.
    it is allways a good design if u have only some glowing special highlight points like that, cause then they stick more out and let the whole design look more harmonic and coherent. so from that i would tune down some slots and remove the glow or make it way weaker. the result can be that the eyes and the tribal of the kraken on the back and the eyes and the glow on the head are the strong visual points and for example the lower parts of the kraken as well as the bracer are just not glowing.besides that i rly like the head and the back slot :)
    hope my feedback can help u a little and good luck with ur design mate!