Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[RIOT Art Contest] - Warwick splashart

jessicamaq
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
jessicamaq polycounter lvl 3
Hello, I'm still an amateur but I thought it might be a great experience to participate on this contest so here I go. Here is my progress so far :)

Replies

• jessicamaq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And here is where I stoped
  • jessicamaq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Critics to improve my work will be very much welcome hahaha
  • Grimmcore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there. If you change the direction WW is jumping from, I think youll get a better composition. The road is leading my attention away from Ww. =) Have him jump in the same direction as the road, might help.

If you broaden his shoulders and make the front part bigger it might make him feel like his coming more towards us. Right now I feel like he is floating in the air, much like skydiver. I am by no means a pro... do discard anything I said if you feel its not accurate at all. Good job this far and Id love to see more please =)
  • jessicamaq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ohh thank you so much. I had the same feeling in the begining. But then I just did a rough sketch of a tree behind him so this way he could use it as an impulse to jump toward us. I'm going to try the way you said and improve this composition :D specially on the front part. Thank you so much for the tips.
  • jessicamaq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As Grimmcore said, I was lacking in composition and I wasn't satisfied with the armor progress as well. So I was a little busy for a while and just now I could actually sit down and retake this work. Here are a few compositions that I did yesterday to start afresh. If you could express your opinion I will be really happy.